Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Re: Youngstown St. off season

No extension yet. There are rumors locally about the KSU job. My guess is he stays as he still has kids going to his local alma mater and he has all the money he needs. But the coaches like one another, so you never know.
    Four time I-AA National Champions

Major FCS Advocate GreenGlasses's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Paladin1aa View Post
    The Vindy confirms YSU picks up a verbal from All Ohio QB Mark Waid from Girard, the best QB in the area. He decommits from Fordham. Probably a potential starter as a Frosh who was a dual threat with huge stats running and passing. Was the D-IV Player of the year in Ohio as a Jr. 63, 215
    How can he be an Ohio player of the year and only have offers other than Youngstown State be:
    Fordham
    Cornell
    Dartmouth
    Robert Morris

Not even 1 MAC offer, and trust me some of them need QBs. I understand some guys fall through the cracks in recruiting but when you are supposedly an all state player that usually doesn't happen. Color me not impressed.
    I like good football anywhere....Except I don't watch any Power 5 games at all.

Top FCS Ruler

Does YSU still have the commitment(from August) of OLB Gianni Rizzo? That looked like a good get as he had about 15 offers.

Rizzo is still on board. His Norwin, Pa. h.s. Teammate Thrift also remains on board after offers from WVU, Pitt, Syracuse, Indiana and a dozen other schools.

The QB Waid was the Ohio Division IV O. Player of the year as a Jr. Twice first team All State. Feel. Free to think what you want, the kid is a player. Ohio has 7 divisions with D-I being the biggest. His team played in the State Championship game vs Cincinnati Wyoming who had the D-IV Player of the Year QB this year as a Jr. Senior year stats - 4300+ passing yds, over 40 passing TDs, 65% passing completions, 9 INT and 1770 rushing yds and 17 TDs. I believe those numbers are less than his Jr. year. He will play at YSU at some point.

P.S. As to MAC recruiting, what I see is many are recruiting Jucos, Calif,Fla and Tex. Players. I’m surprised as well but YSU ( 2 Miles from his school) was late to the chase as well.
    Last edited by Paladin1aa; December 13th, 2018 at 03:51 PM.

Three star safety Jayvon Thrift of Norwin ,Pa has decommitted from YSU. Major loss.

First Class FCS Ruler Penguin Nation's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Paladin1aa View Post
    Three star safety Jayvon Thrift of Norwin ,Pa has decommitted from YSU. Major loss.
    He had multiple P5 offers. I wasn't sure what the bait was to commit to SUCC. Cocaine and prostitutes? Ray Isaac's old car?

I hear he is undecided but could be old leader Pitt or WVU or Syracuse. Dark horse is Ohio U.

It may well be another stinker class coming in. Bozo hates recruiting. We will know soon.

Thrift signs with WVU. YSU was off to a poor start with 8 signees, including a LS. No Jucos so far, nor transfers. H.S. Players signed include 2 DTs, 2 DBs, a LB, a LS, a WR and a QB. Best get is the QB, AllOhio Mark Waid. One Fla. player. Not impressive at all. No help for the OL. Bozo apparently strikes out again.

Finally..... YSU adds Juco OL Jordan Velez, 6’4, 315. That’s a start, but need more OL.

Finally YSU adds another WR and a Slot. Good athletes but still have not done enough to address OL. Charleston at the Slot got votes for Ohio Mr. Football after scoring 51 TDs his senior year. The WR lead his team to a Pa. state title.