Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    First Class FCS Ruler Penguin Nation's Avatar

Re: Youngstown St. off season

Not that brave. They’ve watered down the OOC schedule drastically plus it’s 12 games. One win above .500 is 7 wins. Any more watered down and they’re playing St. Christines.

I don’t know, PN. Sweeping the OOC games and winning 3 in the MVFC May give them 7 games, but it means no meaningful wins and losing 5 MVFC games would leave them 5th or 6th in the league. That is not making the playoffs. Samford, on the road in the opener, even at its neutral site , is not going to be an easy win with the personnel on YSUs roster.

Recruiting is of prime importance now. Only one significant recruit committed now. That’s lots of holes to fill and Frosh normally don’t fare well against 4th or 5th year players. Jucos or transfers may help, but Bozo isn’t doing any better there recruit wise.

And, you are right, that fool Strollo extending Bozo would be worse than Heacock or Slocum extensions, which resulted in destroying both FB and MBB.

The horse sheet continues.
    Four time I-AA National Champions

Having an easy schedule helps a team to make the playoffs and earn a seed. Just make sure you win those "easy" games.

It's so blatant its unreal. The only other MVFC team not to have an FBS opponent is NDSU, who can't schedule them cuz they keep beating them (clearly not Scum U's situation). NDSU does have 2 OOC games away from the FD, including an away game at Delaware, as well as a game vs future MVFC member ND.

I thought the University was dependent upon blood game money. In a 12 game season, you could still get 6 home games (the number used to appease loge renters) and have 2 P5 or at least G5 opponents....then you could stop b-----ing about not having the $$ for real stadium upgrades or a decent HC.

The local media never discusses this stuff, and the cheerleader crowd couldn't care less, so the University just continues to make asinine decisions....like renewing the contract of a HC with one winning conference record out of 4 seasons.

The Imagine Dragons of AGS

Quote Originally Posted by Penguin Nation View Post
    It's so blatant its unreal. The only other MVFC team not to have an FBS opponent is NDSU, who can't schedule them cuz they keep beating them (clearly not Scum U's situation). NDSU does have 2 OOC games away from the FD, including an away game at Delaware, as well as a game vs future MVFC member ND.

I thought the University was dependent upon blood game money. In a 12 game season, you could still get 6 home games (the number used to appease loge renters) and have 2 P5 or at least G5 opponents....then you could stop b-----ing about not having the $$ for real stadium upgrades or a decent HC.

The local media never discusses this stuff, and the cheerleader crowd couldn't care less, so the University just continues to make asinine decisions....like renewing the contract of a HC with one winning conference record out of 4 seasons.
    GFCC comes to the dome next year.

6 home games
    5 road games
    1 neutral game (Target Field, but Minneapolis is Bison territory anyway)
    TheKingpin28 is "Nothing but an emotional fair weather fan." - Bisonwinagn

"There's a lot of people more concerned about being precisely, factually, and semantically correct than about being morally right" - Alexandria 'Sandy' Ocasio-Cortez, the new queen of the left.

Quote Originally Posted by TheKingpin28 View Post
    GFCC comes to the dome next year.

6 home games
    5 road games
    1 neutral game (Target Field, but Minneapolis is Bison territory anyway)
    Ok so the Penguins are now to be known as SUCC (Scumbag U....)

The Vindy confirms YSU picks up a verbal from All Ohio QB Mark Waid from Girard, the best QB in the area. He decommits from Fordham. Probably a potential starter as a Frosh who was a dual threat with huge stats running and passing. Was the D-IV Player of the year in Ohio as a Jr. 6’3, 215

Quote Originally Posted by Paladin1aa View Post
    The Vindy confirms YSU picks up a verbal from All Ohio QB Mark Waid from Girard, the best QB in the area. He decommits from Fordham. Probably a potential starter as a Frosh who was a dual threat with huge stats running and passing. Was the D-IV Player of the year in Ohio as a Jr. 6’3, 215
    I know good players get overlooked, but why was Fordham his only other offer?

Also, I heard Bozo told him, "since you'll probably regress like every other QB at SUCC, do you know any sophomores I can also recruit?"
    Last edited by Penguin Nation; December 12th, 2018 at 08:08 PM.

LOL! Have not heard that ,PN, but there is something to that. In his case, he started as a Frosh and Soph on bad teams. Then as a Jr, he had a monster year. Did not get out to attend camps. But as Player of the year. And being smart, had offers from Dartmouth and Cornell, Robert Morris and Fordham. He verbaled Fordham as he plans business admin. and had thoughts of Wall St and living in NYC. Even YSU was late to the chase. I have seen several of his games, including a playoff classic against my grandsons team and he can play. Combo of early losing teams, no camps and late blooming success makes up for much of his story. And QB is a numbers game as people usually only take one a year.

YSU only has one QB now who I consider a player (Cunningham) and both are dual threat, Bozos favored QB system. If he comes, one of them will start next year. Their problem ? No OL,no protection.

AGS FCS Champion

Has Bo signed that extension yet? The chatter at NDSU is that current DC Matt Entz will be promoted to head coach and staying at NDSU.

That means Klieman might need a DC down at K-State.... Klieman likes Bo and Bo likes Klieman.... Klieman could use someone with FBS experience on his staff....
    Professor Chaos is a proud supporter of the 7-time NCAA Division 1 Football National Champion North Dakota State Bison.