Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast
    First Class FCS Ruler The Yo Show's Avatar

Re: Youngstown St. off season

Well if they don't get an agreement they better start looking for a new head coach now.

First Class FCS Ruler Penguin Nation's Avatar

http://www.tribtoday.com/sports/loca...-in-the-works/

http://www.wfmj.com/story/39737853/p...r-new-contract

The University feeds the local media obvious garbage and the media delivers to the masses w/o raising an eyebrow. An example:

"Pelini's original contract expires at the end of February and Strollo feels they'll begin to talk sometime next month."

That makes absolutely zero sense. If there's no interim contract, then Bozo isn't even a YSU employee currently. Obvi not the "mere formality" that YSU fed the media. Is he recruiting?

This reinforces the loser's mentality that the AD has always had. It's what kept Heacock and Slocum there way too long. He accepts failure, and appears to surrender leverage in negotiations. Bozo (a proven failure and embarrassment) should have near zero leverage in these negotiations. And yet...it appears the AD is his b.

Interesting story in Cleveland.com indicates that the athletic cost gap continues to grow at YSU. Using latest numbers from 2017-18 shows YSUs athletics costs at $15.9 million. Meanwhile YSU students are charged fees to produce $10.9 million in subsidies to cover those costs, working out to a charge of $1028 per student. That makes the students paying 69% of athletic costs. YSUs income has topped out at $5 million in athletic revenue, reflecting the awful attendance at the revenue sports. And now they are adding 2 more non-revenue sports. Wow !

For an AD as incompetent as Strollo , you’d think as a bean counter by education , he would know better. lol.

With another poor season coming up in football, I can hear the students screaming about increases in tuition and fees. Only Youngstown, lol.
    Four time I-AA National Champions

My god it’s even worse than I thought. Breaking down the NCAA data, YSU only brought in $560,787 in total ticket sales for all sports. That’s from a $15.9 million program. Their other revenues came from NCAA money, league contributions, Penguin Club and other sources. Then add in the $10.9 million from the students.

A day of reckoning coming.

First Class FCS Ruler Penguin Nation's Avatar

https://www.cleveland.com/datacentra...2017-2018.html

For every $1 raised in ticket revenue (I assume that also includes loge revenue), YSU confiscates $21 from the students for athletic spending. The knucklehead AD fills the OOC schedule with cupcakes games, were told, to maintain ticket and loge revenue. Strollo is as good with numbers as Pellini is with recruiting ethics.

These numbers are reflective of the 2017-18 season...where YSU received P5 game revenue. Subtract $200k (assuming a MAC game) to $500k (no MAC like 2019) from the future budgets.

Unbelievable incompetence.

Finally there is an extension for Pelini. It’s a 3 year deal but Pelini says he doesn’t know what the terms are. lol Here’s a little help - it’s for the same $214k, has language that keeps a short leash on an a-hole like Pelini and there is NO language on his brother being the successor HC. In short, YSU has him by the short hairs. The relationship is strained , to say the least. Bozo isnt As loved as he thinks.

In other news, the great QB mystery continues. News stories say senior Mays is still the leader, but he is recovering from surgery and doing light work. He has no chance of being the season long starter, IMO. The current “starter” is RS Soph Craycraft who also has no chance at being the full season starter. Tied for “backups” are RS Frosh Cunningham and true Frosh Waid, both of which are the real threats to be the season long starter. My money is still on Waid. YSU will use the early weenie games to use as a “casting couch” for the real starter by MVFC time. The OL is still a disaster area.
    Last edited by Paladin1aa; March 19th, 2019 at 10:12 AM.

HAHAHAHAHAHA Talk about a chummy relationship between Tressel and Bo. You all won't win the Valley while he's in town.

YSU has added future FBS teams to the schedule-

2020 Akron
    2021 Michigan St.
    2022 Kentucky
    2026 Kentucky
    2027 Maryland

all road trips

YSU held its Pro Day for the NFL. Besides several member of the football team who excelled at the drills, two former area H.S. Football stars who ran track at YSU wowed the scouts . Zallow from Warren JFK ran a 4.3 /40 and Harden from Girard ran a 4.37 / 40. Both showed great hands as receivers catching lots of passes and excelled at drills and skills. Both could opt for a 5th year to play football (possible) or declare for the NFL draft. Both led YSU to the Horizon League indoor and outdoor track championships.

Today’s Vindy carries a story on the OL. Interesting but not accurate. My projections on the starting OL is -

Jones, the incoming grad WVU transfer becomes the starting C. Zinni, the current starter at C becomes the starting RG ( who played several games last year at G)as well as the back up C. New Juco Velez becomes the starting LG. Becker, who started 9 games at LT last year returns, even though he is better suited for G. At RT , Robinson , who started 2 games at RT starts there. The first back up is Wilson who will play G and T. And that’s it. Too many projects that aren’t ready (or never will be) to project beyond those 6. That gives them 3 seniors, 1 Jr. and one Soph as starters and a Sr. backup. I’d still look for either more Jucos or transfer OL coming if they can find them. Still a weak spot.