Just for clarity, KSU is the 3rd largest school in Georgia and much less than half of the students are in continuing education.

The issue with attendance is that we play teams that less than 1% of the population within 50 miles of KSU has ever heard of. The first year we had football our attendance was pretty solid; we averaged 8,820 per game. There are only so many times a student wants to spend their Saturday afternoon watching your team beat a team he or she has never heard of by 40 points. The FCS is not popular outside of a small group of very interested people. Even this week I've been telling people at work that we are playing South Dakota State this weekend and they ask me "is that the good Dakota team?". (If I had said SDSU they would have probably guessed San Diego State.)

Look at our basketball team, which is terrible by the way lol. I'm not even going to bother looking up their average attendance, but in 2010 (sometime around then) we hosted Georgia Tech (and won by 18 I believe) without there being an empty seat in the house. The majority of these students grew up in an FBS culture that worships either the SEC or ACC and that's all they know or care about. It will take a long time of us winning and hosting meaningful games before we have any major improvements to our attendance. There's simply too much to do in the suburbs of north Atlanta that competes with everyone's entertainment.