Quote Originally Posted by Redbird 4th & short View Post
That Burks is even top 3 blows my mind .. his pass stats suck (116 attempts, 1000 pass yards total), his run stats are ok (900 yards, 4.8 ypc) ... good for a QB but that is their offense and they played an incredibly weak SOS. Swap teams for Burks and Christion, and Burks is maybe the 5th or 6th best QB in MVFC, if that .. if he even could stay healthy .. I think the ISUb guy is better than Burks, certainly comparable; while Christion would have tore up the Big South and broken records playing in that weak conference. They tarnished the award this year with these selections. The Princeton guy deserves more props than Burks .. he actually threw the ball and ran the ball against similar level competition.

Here is QB BUrks stat line when he finally played a team with a heartbeat on defense, Wofford .. and Kennesaw St won 13-10:

Rushing .. 10 carries for 7 yards
Passing .. 6 of 14 for 79 yards, 0 TDs, 1 Pick

This is a Payton Ward top 3 nominee ??

Can you imagine if he had to play a real FCS schedule ?
I understand what you're saying, but picking one game against arguably the toughest defense KSU has faced all year in a cold rainy playoff game isn't exactly fair. The way he runs our option doesn't necessarily mean he's going to rack up stats, but his reads and pitches are what make him so valuable.

Again, I get it... we have a cupcake schedule, but as things stand right now we are 1 of 8 teams left and Burks is the biggest reason (offensively) for that success.