Page 3 of 76 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 759
  1. #21
    FCS Champion FUBeAR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    GA
    Posts
    3,884

    Re: SoCon 2019 Off-Season

    Quote Originally Posted by UpstateBison View Post
    Sometimes you just have to win. No excuses.
    Thanks Coach Lombardi.



    I just watched this video 10 times as penance for my Offense to your sensibilities.
    We few, we happy few, we band of brothers;
    For he today that sheds his blood with me, shall be my brother.


  2. #22
    AGS FCS Champion Reign of Terrier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Columbia, SC
    Posts
    8,645

    Re: SoCon 2019 Off-Season

    Quote Originally Posted by UpstateBison View Post
    I said nothing about the MVFC. The MVFC is weak this year outside of NDSU and SDSU. I am saying that you have to win an OOC playoff game in the round of sixteen. All you say is how disrespected the SoCon is but you still canít beat an OOC team in the round of sixteen. Get back to me when that happens.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    This is an arbitrary standard

    Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
    This poster was formerly known as youngterrier.
    03/06/2017

  3. #23
    FCS Ruler

    UpstateBison's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Location
    Spartanburg, SC
    Posts
    490

    Re: SoCon 2019 Off-Season

    Quote Originally Posted by FUBeAR View Post
    Thanks Coach Lombardi.



    I just watched this video 10 times as penance for my Offense to your sensibilities.
    All good. You stated that the SoCon has a horrid OOC 2018. I agree with you.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    No good story starts with I was sober......

  4. #24
    AGS FCS Champion Reign of Terrier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Columbia, SC
    Posts
    8,645

    Re: SoCon 2019 Off-Season

    Charleston southern is a better program than any in the socon because they won an OOC game in the round of 16. For those of you who don't know, CSU won 1 playoff game in their history.

    Upstate Bison really likes to move the goal posts.

    To win a game in the round of 16 is to either be or beat a seed. That's an accomplishment. If you're in the east, you will likely play a conference opponent in that count. The only ones that won't are Big Sky teams.

    Wofford's win against Elon is a better win than SDSU's against Dusquesne. But hey, because it was in the round of 16 and OOC, it must have been better than Woffords win against the citadel in 2016. Get outta here.

    If you're looking at just the round a team advances to and not how they got there, you're endorsing the laziest thinking imaginable. Single elimination tournaments are great for finding out who the best team is, but they logically cannot tell you for certain who the second best team is, or third, etc.

    The socon has been screwed by regionalization because we have had 3 playoff teams within 200 miles of each other and 2 of them good enough to be seeds.


    Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Reign of Terrier; December 3rd, 2018 at 10:35 PM.
    This poster was formerly known as youngterrier.
    03/06/2017

  5. #25
    FCS Ruler

    UpstateBison's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Location
    Spartanburg, SC
    Posts
    490

    Re: SoCon 2019 Off-Season

    Quote Originally Posted by youngterrier View Post
    This is an arbitrary standard

    Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
    Winning a round of 16 playoff game is an arbitrary standard? Sorry to hurt your feelings.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    No good story starts with I was sober......

  6. #26
    FCS Ruler

    UpstateBison's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Location
    Spartanburg, SC
    Posts
    490

    Re: SoCon 2019 Off-Season

    Quote Originally Posted by youngterrier View Post
    Charleston southern is a better program than any in the socon because they won an OOC game in the round of 16.

    Upstate Bison really likes to move the goal posts.

    To win a game in the round of 16 is to either be or beat a seed. That's an accomplishment. If you're in the east, you will likely play a conference opponent in that count. The only ones that won't are Big Sky teams.

    Wofford's win against Elon is a better win than SDSU's against Dusquesne. But hey, because it was in the round of 16 and OOC, it must have been better than Woffords win against the citadel in 2016. Get outta here.

    If you're looking at just the round a team advances to and not how they got there, you're endorsing the laziest thinking imaginable. Single elimination tournaments are great for finding out who the best team is, but they logically cannot tell you for certain who the second best team is, or third, etc.

    The socon has been screwed by regionalization because we have had 3 playoff teams within 200 miles of each other and 2 of them good enough to be seeds.


    Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
    You can talk to SDSU and UNI about regionalization as well. Sorry to point out other conferences get screwed by this as well.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    No good story starts with I was sober......

  7. #27
    AGS FCS Champion Reign of Terrier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Columbia, SC
    Posts
    8,645

    Re: SoCon 2019 Off-Season

    Quote Originally Posted by UpstateBison View Post
    Yet 2 of the SoCon co-champs could not win a round of 16 playoff game.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    By this logic, the best conferences include the Big South and Patriot. Wofford has won more playoff games than any team in the Patriot league in spite of making the playoffs 2 decades after them. One little Google search in the last few years can show how arbitrary this is.

    Tell me why you think this is a viable argument other than to coddle your ever flexible standards. Tell me why you constantly comment in these threads to **** in people's oatmeal in spite of never giving a counterargument. You originally made the comment weeks ago that the socon had no quality OOC wins and then Wofford wins one and you change the standard.

    You're literally just here to be a nuisance and it's obvious to everyone.



    Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
    This poster was formerly known as youngterrier.
    03/06/2017

  8. #28
    AGS FCS Champion Reign of Terrier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Columbia, SC
    Posts
    8,645

    Re: SoCon 2019 Off-Season

    Quote Originally Posted by UpstateBison View Post
    Winning a round of 16 playoff game is an arbitrary standard? Sorry to hurt your feelings.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Winning a round of 16 game against a non conference opponent is an arbitrary standard.

    We have won a round of 16 game 3 times in the last 5 years. The jury is out on how good Kennesaw is but the other loss was to Jacksonville state who made it to the championship and CSU who was in the same bracket.

    You are using an obvious Motte and Bailey argument. First you say the round of 16 OOC standard, I point out that it's bull**** and you go the easier claim to defend, the round of 16. But that argument doesn't apply.

    You're literally just a nuisance, infiltrating a socon thread for no reason other than to be an asshole

    Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
    This poster was formerly known as youngterrier.
    03/06/2017

  9. #29
    AGS FCS Champion Reign of Terrier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Columbia, SC
    Posts
    8,645

    Re: SoCon 2019 Off-Season

    Quote Originally Posted by UpstateBison View Post
    You can talk to SDSU and UNI about regionalization as well. Sorry to point out other conferences get screwed by this as well.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    My claim wasn't that other conferences weren't hurt from it, but the socon was hurt more in 2016 and 2017. Even then, I find it hard to say that getting 4 teams in, one losing on the road to SHSU after a first round win and one eliminating another is a show of weakness.

    But you think that because you're a troll. It's not the socon's fault we got paired together.

    Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
    This poster was formerly known as youngterrier.
    03/06/2017

  10. #30
    AGS FCS Champion Reign of Terrier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Columbia, SC
    Posts
    8,645

    Re: SoCon 2019 Off-Season

    Quote Originally Posted by UpstateBison View Post
    You can talk to SDSU and UNI about regionalization as well. Sorry to point out other conferences get screwed by this as well.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I love how you have 0 defense for your arbitrary standard.

    Youngstown state lost to Butler. They have made the playoffs once in 12 years.

    Illinois State hasn't won a playoff game since 2015. Most of their playoff wins came in 2014.

    UNI gets gift wrapped the easiest opponents in the first round 90% of the time, then ****s the bed in the next round unless they luck out and play the Big Sky team who chokes that year.

    SDSU occasionally wets the bed. NDSU is NDSU. The rest of the conference is kind of irrelevant.

    My point: No conference is perfect, but anyone can splice arbitrary standards to make the other look bad.

    Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Reign of Terrier; December 3rd, 2018 at 10:49 PM.
    This poster was formerly known as youngterrier.
    03/06/2017

Similar Threads

  1. Patriot League 2019 Off Season Thread
    By DFW HOYA in forum FCS Discussion
    Replies: 342
    Last Post: May 22nd, 2019, 08:13 AM
  2. The Great SoCon, OVC, SLC Pillow Fight of 2019
    By kalm in forum FCS Discussion
    Replies: 229
    Last Post: November 16th, 2018, 11:43 AM
  3. Stetson: Hatters Name Captains for 2019 Season
    By News from the FCS in forum Pioneer Football League News
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: October 11th, 2018, 04:40 PM
  4. TSN: Bucknell extends Susan through 2019 season
    By TSN in forum FCS News Feeds
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: February 2nd, 2015, 09:10 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •