Page 3 of 76 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast

Re: SoCon 2019 Off-Season

Quote Originally Posted by UpstateBison View Post
    Sometimes you just have to win. No excuses.
    Thanks Coach Lombardi.

I just watched this video 10 times as penance for my Offense to your sensibilities.
    We few, we happy few, we band of brothers;
    For he today that sheds his blood with me, shall be my brother.

AGS FCS Champion Reign of Terrier's Avatar

I said nothing about the MVFC. The MVFC is weak this year outside of NDSU and SDSU. I am saying that you have to win an OOC playoff game in the round of sixteen. All you say is how disrespected the SoCon is but you still canít beat an OOC team in the round of sixteen. Get back to me when that happens.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    This is an arbitrary standard

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
    This poster was formerly known as youngterrier.
    03/06/2017

FCS Ruler

Quote Originally Posted by FUBeAR View Post
    Thanks Coach Lombardi.

I just watched this video 10 times as penance for my Offense to your sensibilities.
    All good. You stated that the SoCon has a horrid OOC 2018. I agree with you.

No good story starts with I was sober......

Charleston southern is a better program than any in the socon because they won an OOC game in the round of 16. For those of you who don't know, CSU won 1 playoff game in their history.

Upstate Bison really likes to move the goal posts.

To win a game in the round of 16 is to either be or beat a seed. That's an accomplishment. If you're in the east, you will likely play a conference opponent in that count. The only ones that won't are Big Sky teams.

Wofford's win against Elon is a better win than SDSU's against Dusquesne. But hey, because it was in the round of 16 and OOC, it must have been better than Woffords win against the citadel in 2016. Get outta here.

If you're looking at just the round a team advances to and not how they got there, you're endorsing the laziest thinking imaginable. Single elimination tournaments are great for finding out who the best team is, but they logically cannot tell you for certain who the second best team is, or third, etc.

The socon has been screwed by regionalization because we have had 3 playoff teams within 200 miles of each other and 2 of them good enough to be seeds.

Last edited by Reign of Terrier; December 3rd, 2018 at 10:35 PM.
    03/06/2017

FCS Ruler

Quote Originally Posted by youngterrier View Post
    This is an arbitrary standard

Winning a round of 16 playoff game is an arbitrary standard? Sorry to hurt your feelings.

FCS Ruler

Quote Originally Posted by youngterrier View Post
    Charleston southern is a better program than any in the socon because they won an OOC game in the round of 16.

Upstate Bison really likes to move the goal posts.

To win a game in the round of 16 is to either be or beat a seed. That's an accomplishment. If you're in the east, you will likely play a conference opponent in that count. The only ones that won't are Big Sky teams.

Wofford's win against Elon is a better win than SDSU's against Dusquesne. But hey, because it was in the round of 16 and OOC, it must have been better than Woffords win against the citadel in 2016. Get outta here.

If you're looking at just the round a team advances to and not how they got there, you're endorsing the laziest thinking imaginable. Single elimination tournaments are great for finding out who the best team is, but they logically cannot tell you for certain who the second best team is, or third, etc.

The socon has been screwed by regionalization because we have had 3 playoff teams within 200 miles of each other and 2 of them good enough to be seeds.

You can talk to SDSU and UNI about regionalization as well. Sorry to point out other conferences get screwed by this as well.

Yet 2 of the SoCon co-champs could not win a round of 16 playoff game.

By this logic, the best conferences include the Big South and Patriot. Wofford has won more playoff games than any team in the Patriot league in spite of making the playoffs 2 decades after them. One little Google search in the last few years can show how arbitrary this is.

Tell me why you think this is a viable argument other than to coddle your ever flexible standards. Tell me why you constantly comment in these threads to **** in people's oatmeal in spite of never giving a counterargument. You originally made the comment weeks ago that the socon had no quality OOC wins and then Wofford wins one and you change the standard.

You're literally just here to be a nuisance and it's obvious to everyone.

03/06/2017

Winning a round of 16 playoff game is an arbitrary standard? Sorry to hurt your feelings.

Winning a round of 16 game against a non conference opponent is an arbitrary standard.

We have won a round of 16 game 3 times in the last 5 years. The jury is out on how good Kennesaw is but the other loss was to Jacksonville state who made it to the championship and CSU who was in the same bracket.

You are using an obvious Motte and Bailey argument. First you say the round of 16 OOC standard, I point out that it's bull**** and you go the easier claim to defend, the round of 16. But that argument doesn't apply.

You're literally just a nuisance, infiltrating a socon thread for no reason other than to be an asshole

03/06/2017

You can talk to SDSU and UNI about regionalization as well. Sorry to point out other conferences get screwed by this as well.

My claim wasn't that other conferences weren't hurt from it, but the socon was hurt more in 2016 and 2017. Even then, I find it hard to say that getting 4 teams in, one losing on the road to SHSU after a first round win and one eliminating another is a show of weakness.

But you think that because you're a troll. It's not the socon's fault we got paired together.

03/06/2017

I love how you have 0 defense for your arbitrary standard.

Youngstown state lost to Butler. They have made the playoffs once in 12 years.

Illinois State hasn't won a playoff game since 2015. Most of their playoff wins came in 2014.

UNI gets gift wrapped the easiest opponents in the first round 90% of the time, then ****s the bed in the next round unless they luck out and play the Big Sky team who chokes that year.

SDSU occasionally wets the bed. NDSU is NDSU. The rest of the conference is kind of irrelevant.

My point: No conference is perfect, but anyone can splice arbitrary standards to make the other look bad.

Last edited by Reign of Terrier; December 3rd, 2018 at 10:49 PM.
    03/06/2017