Quote Originally Posted by FUBeAR View Post
Don’t really have anything to say (so pretty much the same as my other 3,096 posts here), but now that Woffy and ETSU have concluded a markedly forgettable 2018 OOC season for the SoCon, I thought we should start talking about 2019.

By the way, despite the horrid OOC results in 2018, with Woffy’s win over a ‘mortally wounded’ Elon being the best...and maybe the only ‘good’ SoCon OOC win, I really don’t think the SoCon was down this year.But it sure does appear that way.

For example, if Furman plays Elon, Mercer plays Yale, Samford plays KSU, and CIT plays Towson at different points in their seasons, I think all of those were very winnable games. Also, Woffy’s game with Wyoming, Samford’s with FSU, ETSU’s with JaxSt, and Woffy’s with KSU were close, winnable games. We’ll never know about Furman’s game with Colgate, but, based on prior results, we sure can’t put that game in the ‘non-winnable’ category.

Win those 9 OOC games and we’re talking about how strong the SoCon was this year and we have as many as 2 or 3 more Teams in the Playoffs. So, it’s not like the distance is far, but it’s a distance that must be traveled if the SoCon is going to be thought of in the the same light as the MVFC, the CAA, and the Big Sky. If not, the questions about whether the SoCon is even as good as the Southland and/or the OVC will persist...and be valid.

So, let’s use this thread to share all of the GREAT things your favorite Team is doing in the off season to make 2019 a better year for them, and thus, a better year for the SoCon as a whole.
......DIS IS UH REAL.......SKRO-DUM SCRATCHER.......................BRAWK!