Quote Originally Posted by FUBeAR View Post
Welp 2.0...Steven Peterson back on Mercer’s roster... https://mercerbears.com/roster.aspx?rp_id=7287 - no number assigned, but he’s on there. As previously stated (before being retracted), I think he might provide some help to Mercer’s WR corps this season...assuming he can stop yo-yo’ing off & on the roster.

BTW...I was thinking about matchups today. Can SoCon DB’s & LB’s match up with Mercer’s WR’s size, particularly if they decide to deploy a 4 or 5-Wide BIG package & incorporate some of their ‘flex’ TE’s in those personnel groupings...If a couple of these FR (Flex) TE’s are as good as I think they are, I see 1 possible, reasonable grouping where the Bears could go 5 wide & average 6-3 / 224 with their Wides. The Falcons’ All-Everything FREAK WR, Julio Jones, is 6-3/220. Just sayin’...

* Returning Starters or ‘Regulars’ in Bold
** “Flex” is FUBeAR’s designation based upon how they have been used at Mercer and/or were used in HS, i.e., quite often split out from the OT’s by 3+ yards or more.

To, I hope, put an end to the Duncan Yo-Yo appearances of CCU Transfer WR, Stephen Peterson, on & off of Mercer’s roster, he has been assigned a number now..and he has a bio now!

19 STEVEN PETERSON

• POSITION Wide Receiver
  • HEIGHT 6-2
  • WEIGHT 185
  • CLASS Redshirt Freshman
  • LETTERS 0
  • HOMETOWN Kennesaw, Ga.
  • PREV SCHOOL Coastal Carolina
  • HIGH SCHOOL Harrison HS

Before Mercer
2018 (Fr.) (Coastal Carolina)

• Redshirted in freshman season at Coastal Carolina
  • Played in three games, primarily on special teams
  • Did not record any statistics
  • A Dean’s List member for the fall 2018 term

High School
  • A three-star recruit by 247Sports.com
  • Attended & graduated from Harrison High School in Kennesaw, Ga.
  • Top target for five-star recruit Justin Fields (Georgia), the No. 2 overall prospect in the nation
  • Tabbed first-team 6A all-state by RecruitGeorgia.com &voted second-team 6A Georgia Sports Writers Association all-state
  • First-team Georgia 6-AAAAAA all-region selection
  • Caught 57 passes for 1,157 yards (20.3 avg.) with 11 touchdowns his senior season
  • Totaled 13 touchdowns and 1,113 yards on 72 catches as a junior
  • Eclipsed 100 yards in eight of his 12 games played
  • Also lettered in baseball

Watch out for him. I have a hunch he’s going to make a difference for the Bears this year. Just reminds me so much of the Bears ‘break-out’ Star WR, David Durden (also pictured above), in this video.

https://www.hudl.com/video/3/5551342/59ad6f445eec992ae807b1c2

BTW...you UGa and/or Ohio State Fans May recognize that QB slingin’ the ball to Peterson. Just imagine what #19 will be able to do with Robert Riddle, instead of that hack, as his QB.