Alone in my office and taking my lunch break. Quiet time affords one the luxury of thinking about the year past and the one to come. I hope everyone here, and those not, have a safe and fun New Year. But, more importantly, that everyone has a healthy one, for without that, nothing else is possible.

I am so glad to see 2018 go. Not only did I lose my Dad, who was also a long time high school football coach and, as such, we bonded over this great sport for many decades, but I lost a number of good friends to various health issues, though cancer was by far the leader. A number of my friends are also struggling with health issues (and I don't consider 'us' all that old--in our mid-late 60's). And then, we think of those much younger, such as our head coach, Andy Coen, at Lehigh with early diagnosis of Alzheimers, and some former players with ALS. I am sure we all have friends and family members going through the same ordeals. It just seems that this year resulted in the 'mother lode' of misery. Despite all that, I know I am blessed with a wonderful family and many friends who help soften blows that occur along the way. An I appreciate this place to visit and connect with others who have the same passion for true college football. Thank you Ursus for all you do for the AGS Community, and I invite all to contribute what you can to keep it humming.

Always an optimist, I look forward to 2019 as being a year of improvement everywhere and I wish eveyone, here, the best that the new year can give you. See you next year!

ngineer