Wofford scoring defense against teams that got 70%+ of their yardage from running the ball

2018 Citadel 14 (2 scoring drives started inside Wofford's 30)
2017 Furman playoffs 10
2017 Furman 23 (Wofford had literally 0 film in this one)
2016 citadel playoffs 3
2016 Charleston Southern 14
2016 citadel 18 (2 pts came on a conversion after "the pitch 6" and another 3 in OT).

I don't include Furman from this year because Furman's offense was more balanced and more of a multiple or pro offense than one exhibiting option principles (at least more than usual). That's our kryptonite.

Our defensive strength is run defense. Teams that like to run the ball have a hard time against us. Elon was averaging over 200 yards a game against us and we held them to less than 60 and 2 ypc.

Having said that, Kennesaw state is a stellar team who will throw at us different looks from aforementioned teams and their defense is a wild card. We really don't know how good they are against a strong running team because they haven't played one at their current strength.

If you want to run the ball against Wofford you have to get us off balance with a strong passing game. Running the ball will put you off schedule like an air raid offense having a bad day with drops. If you look at the film with NDSU last year and Furman this year that's what they did really well (and why I don't think we are a championship team this year but I digress). I'm not confident Kennesaw can do that, but I have been wrong before.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk