Thread: The Great CAA Massacre of 2018

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    My Team
    Furman & Mercer

Re: The Great CAA Massacre of 2018

Quote Originally Posted by fc97 View Post
    LOL. It does conflict with what you said. GSU as a SoCon member only has 2.

If only Mercer and Furman had made it this year.
    Once again, your ‘clarification’ does not conflict with what I stated. Now, if you add an additional qualifying phrase, such as, “While a member of the SoCon,” to what I said, the “tally” would be incorrect. I didn’t, so it’s not. Regardless, within the scope of the entire statement, it’s a fairly insignificant difference that you felt compelled to raise.

I understand though, you feel the need to attempt to minimize and/or negate accomplishments of other Teams & Conferences because you know what’s REALLY “LOL”...

...Furman & Mercer, each, won just as many FCS Playoff games this year, alone, as E*Loan has won in their 20 years of FCS competition.

Wow. 20 years and not 1 single Playoff victory to celebrate. That’s gotta be rough, man. I know how much I’ve enjoyed all 19 of Furman’s Playoff wins. In fact, I’m enjoying the most recent one quite a bit right about now.
    Last edited by FUBeAR; December 9th, 2018 at 12:30 AM.
    NCAA DIVISION I MANUAL

20.10.1 Commitments to the Division I Collegiate Model
    Bylaws proposed and enacted by member institutions governing the conduct of intercollegiate athletics shall be designed to foster competition in amateur athletics

20.10.1.2 The Commitment to Amateurism
    Member institutions shall conduct their athletics programs…maintaining a line of demarcation between student-athletes who participate in the Collegiate Model and athletes competing in the professional model