Page 10 of 41 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast

Thread: SoCon next year

My Team
    Chattanooga

Re: SoCon next year

Quote Originally Posted by FUBeAR View Post
    “aaaahhm Ohm” ??? Part mantra; part tribute to a German physicist? WTF was that?

My 2 SoCon Teams came all through, over, atop, and on Chattanooga; to the tune of 4-0 in the Arth years. I expect more of the same.
    If you pick enough teams, you can probably have a winning record. ha. The Mocs will be back...the Arth era was a hic-cup....now it's the Wright time!!!! My TeamMate....My Coach.....Go Mocs!!!!
    I STILL HATE MARSHALL!​ Every time I see that movie, I root for Xavier!!!!!!!

My Team
    Furman & Mercer

Quote Originally Posted by Milktruck74 View Post
    If you pick enough teams, you can probably have a winning record. ha. The Mocs will be back...the Arth era was a hic-cup....now it's the Wright time!!!! My TeamMate....My Coach.....Go Mocs!!!!
    I’m with you MilkTruck. Other than doing it yourself, not much better than having one of your Teammates as the Head Coach of your alma mater! That’s the primary reason FUBeAR is so passionate about Furman & Mercer these days. Yeah, I played at 1 & my son played at the other, but my Teammates, even if they were snotty-nosed Freshies when FUBeAR was a RS-Sr, being the HC’s at Mercer & Furman, is the real reason why FUBeAR is so much of a ‘homer’ for those Teams. I’m not sure I’d die for those 2 dudes, but I’m not sure I wouldn’t either.
    NCAA DIVISION I MANUAL

20.10.1 Commitments to the Division I Collegiate Model
    Bylaws proposed and enacted by member institutions governing the conduct of intercollegiate athletics shall be designed to foster competition in amateur athletics

20.10.1.2 The Commitment to Amateurism
    Member institutions shall conduct their athletics programs…maintaining a line of demarcation between student-athletes who participate in the Collegiate Model and athletes competing in the professional model

Not SoCon, but I hope everyone had a chance to either watch or see the highlights of Army's complete dismantling of Houston yesterday.

Army runs a "boring" option offense and just beat the crap out of an "exciting" spread air attack from Houston. The execution and athleticism from Army was just outstanding.

Monken can flat coach. I'm glad he's no longer in the conference.
    FU all the time.

"The game we know and love literally grew up in the Southern Conference. To find the foundation for ACC and SEC football, you have to go the league’s roots. To find an appreciation for a brand of football often-overlooked and seldom-appreciated, we as fans should do the same."

My Team
    North Dakota State

Quote Originally Posted by PaladinFan View Post
    Not SoCon, but I hope everyone had a chance to either watch or see the highlights of Army's complete dismantling of Houston yesterday.

Army runs a "boring" option offense and just beat the crap out of an "exciting" spread air attack from Houston. The execution and athleticism from Army was just outstanding.

Monken can flat coach. I'm glad he's no longer in the conference.
    Army played a great game. Execution was off the hook. Plus they have size and speed. Not something they are known for in the past.

They also do what we called sprint blocking off the LOS. Not the dancing and walling off which is very prevalent in todays game. We also called it a power offense because we were blowing the dline off the LOS.
    It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

Opportunity is unattainable for most people because it is disguised as hard work!!

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."

My Team
    The Citadel

Army whipped their fannies

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "I will derive mucho pleasure when we run the score up on the Bell Hops this year. Our boys will be eager for sweet revenge. I expect no less than 60 points. I'm thinking 3 TD's for Price alone." - Apphole

OLD CORPS

AGS FCS Champion Reign of Terrier's Avatar
    My Team
    Wofford

Army played well but it also true that Houston had a bottom 30 run defense and definitely didn't want to be there.

More impressive was Army's defense. They had 10 sacks and quite a few turnovers. Their DC is moving on to the P5 (UNC) but rumor has it that former Wofford/App State/GT DC Nate Woody will make his way to Army

Monken is a very good coach and the only reason he's not getting serious looks in the P5 is because he runs the option.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

My Team
    The Citadel

Quote Originally Posted by youngterrier View Post
    Army played well but it also true that Houston had a bottom 30 run defense and definitely didn't want to be there.

More impressive was Army's defense. They had 10 sacks and quite a few turnovers. Their DC is moving on to the P5 (UNC) but rumor has it that former Wofford/App State/GT DC Nate Woody will make his way to Army

Monken is a very good coach and the only reason he's not getting serious looks in the P5 is because he runs the option.

After last year's Army Navy game I noticed something about Moncken's demeanor - there was something different about him. Like he's satisfied to be where he is.

GT might give him some serious looks, but I'm thinking he could also be perfectly happy to finish out his career at Army

"I will derive mucho pleasure when we run the score up on the Bell Hops this year. Our boys will be eager for sweet revenge. I expect no less than 60 points. I'm thinking 3 TD's for Price alone." - Apphole

OLD CORPS

Quote Originally Posted by CID1990 View Post
    After last year's Army Navy game I noticed something about Moncken's demeanor - there was something different about him. Like he's satisfied to be where he is.

GT might give him some serious looks, but I'm thinking he could also be perfectly happy to finish out his career at Army

Furman fans discussed this pretty extensively when Clay Hendrix was rumored to want to return to Furman. I understand these academy jobs are pretty good gigs. You are a federal employee complete with all of those benefits, are recruiting highly regarded and motivated student-athletes, and have very little pressure to win 9 or 10 games a year. I would imagine there are very few egos on that team.
    FU all the time.

"The game we know and love literally grew up in the Southern Conference. To find the foundation for ACC and SEC football, you have to go the league’s roots. To find an appreciation for a brand of football often-overlooked and seldom-appreciated, we as fans should do the same."

Quote Originally Posted by youngterrier View Post

It was probably a combination of a few things. It is true Houston did not want to be there. Even then, it is another thing to get outcoached, outplayed, and embarrassed.

I was just as impressed with Army's defense. Had me thinking about ways that a good DC can turn up pressure on a pass happy team (like Samford and VMI). Helps to take calculated risks when the other team can't stop your offense, though.
    FU all the time.

AGS FCS Champion Reign of Terrier's Avatar
    My Team
    Wofford

Also FWIW GT already found their coach and is moving away from the option