Quote Originally Posted by PaladinNation View Post
concerning rosters and recruiting…

I'm not sure how many snaps Furman's SO and FR 0-linemen played in 2018 but I bet it was a ton. By 2020 the play count for this group of linemen if they can stay healthy should lead to a stout o-line in 2020.

Not sure if this is new or just that with social media we now see it posted, Furman has a bunch of PWO offers out there — most if not all are high academic. Many fall into the athlete category, some are linebackers, a few are linemen. After watching the success of TR native and walk-on Bo McKinney I'm led to believe this is a depth strategy by the coaching staff.

Furman has one recruiting announcing he's reporting in January — rumor is two more are joining him.

Curious how many other SoCon schools are seeing an increase in PKO offers and do you have any players starting school in January that aren't transfers.

I have a BASIC question.

Like partial walk on etc. if a school can give a football player a legitimate Academic Scholarship (full ride) does that not count AT ALL towards the 63 FCS football scholarships ??? Does it count towards another number like the 95 who can report in August ? I would think so. I think there is also an 85 number in there I think.

63 football scholarships. /. 95. /. 85. Can someone please help me understand these numbers ? I think one difference is how many kids can actually report in August (preferred Walk On) vs coming when school starts for all regular students (regular walk on). ??

***But if you can use academic money to fund football players who legitimately deserve the academic money then you could hypothetically have 70 academic guys and 63 football scholarships for a total of 133 guys !! That Can't be Legal. How does that work? What's the most Total number of PAID /Scholarship (academic OR athletic ) guys you can have on an FCS team??

I bet FUBeAR and some others could help me understand!

Thanks in advance