Thread: 2018 AGS PLAYOFF PICK'EM CONTEST

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    FCS Champion
    My Team
    Montana

2018 AGS PLAYOFF PICK'EM CONTEST

It's finally that time of year again! The 2018 FCS Playoffs are upon us. This season, I've decided to resurrect the pick'em contest we used last season. Yes, brackets are fun, but they're so very much work on my end. AND, someone can just submit a bracket today, disappear for the month, and still win this contest. We need CLICKS on this website, man! Poor ursus needs a quality shelter for winter hibernation!

Here is the link for the picks for Round 1: https://goo.gl/forms/XDlUoVUaTPy4wX3F3

Scoring procedure (There will be no margin of victory this season. It was always my favorite part, but this year the standings will have zero decimal places! Hooray!)

Each correct game for the first two rounds will be worth 10 points plus the bonus for that game. The bonus will simply be decided by what percentage of people picked the eventual winner in each matchup. That will be on an 8 point scale. So, the winner who is picked by the least amount of people will be 18 points and the one picked by the most people will be worth 11 points. I'll give an example using last season's first round results.
    18 - San Diego - 9%
    17 - Weber State - 29%
    16 - Kennesaw State - 58%
    15 - Furman - 59%
    14 - South Dakota - 90%
    13 - New Hampshire - 93%
    12 - Northern Iowa - 95%
    11 - Stony Brook - 96%

(If multiple games have equal percentages, the tie will be broken by random draw.)

Then there will also be bonus questions at the bottom worth THREE points each. The number of bonus questions will be dependent on number of teams in the round. I don't know if we'll have any from the semifinals on. I think I will do 4 for the first two rounds, 2 for the quarterfinals, and 0 for the other two rounds.

In subsequent rounds, points will increase. In the Quarters, picks will be worth 24
    28, 30, & 34. In the Semis, picks will be worth 41 or 46. The championship will be worth 72.

It's possible there will be a prize. Ursus sometimes does that. You might get a cool banner above your name, or maybe even something of value as well. I know that usually depends on the number of posts you have, so we'll say you'll need at least 100 to be eligible for the grand prize, but anyone can join! The more the merrier!

GAME ON.

OH I forgot. If you submit picks, please say so in this thread! That will keep this on the front page so every one can see. Also, that will allow me to review who has entered the contest! Thank you!
    Last edited by MTfan4life; December 7th, 2018 at 06:49 PM.