Mercifully, the season ended for YSU at 4-7. I was finally wrong after years of correct preseason projections. I struggled this year between picking 5-6 and 6-5, settling with 6-5 after viewing early what should have been easy weenie wins until Butler blew that up. That set the stage to see what Bozo had actually recruited in his 4 years here after running out of Wolf recruits. That part of my predictions was on target.

Next year YSU loses 4 of 5 starters on the OL, their Notre Dame rent a QB , important players from the D and probably some coaches. Returning is a horrific group of limited talent, most of which didn’t play , were inadequate backups and a collection of transfers who didn’t live up to their promise. Next year looks to be as bad or worse than this year. With so many holes, weak spots and lack o& depth, it is not reasonable to project the needed players to be recruited in one year to turn the ship around. It now becomes a wholesale rebuild of multiple years and that is only possible if multiple years are excellent recruiting,something that has been missing for all 4 years of the Bozo empire.

If the AD had any brains and gonads, Bozo would be fired. But this is YSU. It’s home to a corrupt school with entangled political nets that cuts favors and deals to their fat cat rich sitting up in the loges, has an area population demanding that local stars be recruited even though they lack the ability for this level of play and simple minded locals who insist that only coaches who are from the area need apply for the head job. It’s a toxic mix that has taken YSU from the top of FCS to the sewer of FCS. Attendance once again fell off as I predicted. I expect that financial constraints are not far off with no FBS game/ paycheck waiting next year.

But I expect Bozo to be rehired. If that occurs, I expect a lost decade , or more, of below average football at YSU. The heydays long gone will be sacrificed to the winds of local politics. The anger management problems will remain front and center. The recruiting of unsavory characters will be unabated. The wholesale excuses of Bozo will continue to be swallowed by the gullible. The basement or near basement of the MVFC is where YSU will be residing for quite awhile.