Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast
    On the Breast of Old South Mountain

Re: Patriot League 2019 Off Season Thread

LEHIGH WILL SHINE TONIGHT, LEHIGH WILL SHINE!
    Patriot League Champions: 1993, 1995, 1998, 1999, 2000, 2001, 2004, 2006, 2010, 2011, 2016, 2017
    NCAA Playoff Appearances: D-II 1973, 1975, 1977 NCAA Champions
    D-IAA 1979 (Finalist), 1980, 1998, 1999, 2000, 2001, 2004, 2010, 2011, 2016, 2017

On the Breast of Old South Mountain

Quote Originally Posted by ngineer View Post

Tick, tick, tick, tick, tick, tick, tick......hopefully, comes early...
    LEHIGH WILL SHINE TONIGHT, LEHIGH WILL SHINE!
    Patriot League Champions: 1993, 1995, 1998, 1999, 2000, 2001, 2004, 2006, 2010, 2011, 2016, 2017
    NCAA Playoff Appearances: D-II 1973, 1975, 1977 NCAA Champions
    D-IAA 1979 (Finalist), 1980, 1998, 1999, 2000, 2001, 2004, 2010, 2011, 2016, 2017

Gee, and I thought I was impatient for announcement.
    Tomorrow is Friday. We can make it one more day.. Sure we can.

Quote Originally Posted by RichH2 View Post
    Gee, and I thought I was impatient for announcement.
    Tomorrow is Friday. We can make it one more day.. Sure we can.
    I will add this though - Lehigh still out there recruiting. My brother, who is a coach at a NH high school, had a Lehigh assistant in today to look at one of their players....
    “If you're not a liberal at twenty you have no heart, if you're not a conservative at forty you have no brain.”

They've been all over since Thanksgiving. Offers still going out. So far about one a day over the last week or so.

AGS FCS Champion

Quote Originally Posted by carney2 View Post
    I've given this no thought, and don't plan to begin thinking about it for months and months. The only thing that seems certain at this point is that Garrett was a bad hire at Lafayette and he is not the man to right the ship. Lots of talk about a second consecutive year of mass defections by the coaching staff, and bets are being taken as to how many of the freshmen and sophomores transfer out. (Any freshman or sophomore QB, other than O'Malley, who stays apparently doesn't care much about playing football.) At this point it appears that Garrett has lost all of his apologist supporters, and there is a loud cry for his firing. That absolutely won't happen, but he appears to have lost the respect of everyone in the locker room.
    Gordie Sammis is now at W&M coaching the OL. Hope you can make the game on Aug. 31 and come to our tailgate again.
    Go Tribe!

When is this meeting to take place? What time today?

Quote Originally Posted by Stripes View Post
    When is this meeting to take place? What time today?
    We dont know. My guess would be lunchtime or 4pm or so after classes. Dont forget,while well sourced this info is a product of the rumor mill. Lots of tea leaves but no confirmation at all.

I think Colgate will be OK next year. Wofford--who was preseason all-league and hurt on first play of the season comes back from injury--so you have four starters coming back on the O-line. Coaches are very high on a bunch of the young OL guys so it seems like there is depth there. All-league QB comes back. A bunch of solid rb's come back (Holland is a great player and will be missed). Pre-season All American TJ Holl got a medical red shirt and is back. Wheeler is back (which means Colgate brings back two defensive players of the year). 315 pound NT comes back after dealing with injuries and some other hard stuff this year. The other all-league LB is back. LB Trevor Thompson comes back from injury (he was in the mix to start this past year). Castillo is gone but there is (by all accounts) a very good cover corner waiting. All-league corner Daramy is back (he along with Wheeler and Holl should get pre-season all-American votes) The safeties will be missed. Wisniewski (the best hitter I've ever seen) is very hard to replace. That being said, every position on the outgoing D was incredibly solid. Guys who don't get a lot of accolades (#8, 53, 95 and 41) would be 'gate's best player a number of years. In good shape at TE. WR will lose some really good players but gain some speed with Caine and Sizer.

Think the culture is the thing that is the most important to Colgate at this point. I have no idea what other PL teams do over the summer, but Colgate has 60 plus guys on campus every year. Feel like this is a big reason why Colgate is so solid at this point. If the team puts in the work they did last year (I think Holl and others will make sure this happens) 2019 edition of Colgate football has the potential to be very good.

AGS FCS Champion

Quote Originally Posted by Gater View Post
    I think Colgate will be OK next year. Wofford--who was preseason all-league and hurt on first play of the season comes back from injury--so you have four starters coming back on the O-line. Coaches are very high on a bunch of the young OL guys so it seems like there is depth there. All-league QB comes back. A bunch of solid rb's come back (Holland is a great player and will be missed). Pre-season All American TJ Holl got a medical red shirt and is back. Wheeler is back (which means Colgate brings back two defensive players of the year). 315 pound NT comes back after dealing with injuries and some other hard stuff this year. The other all-league LB is back. LB Trevor Thompson comes back from injury (he was in the mix to start this past year). Castillo is gone but there is (by all accounts) a very good cover corner waiting. All-league corner Daramy is back (he along with Wheeler and Holl should get pre-season all-American votes) The safeties will be missed. Wisniewski (the best hitter I've ever seen) is very hard to replace. That being said, every position on the outgoing D was incredibly solid. Guys who don't get a lot of accolades (#8, 53, 95 and 41) would be 'gate's best player a number of years. In good shape at TE. WR will lose some really good players but gain some speed with Caine and Sizer.

Think the culture is the thing that is the most important to Colgate at this point. I have no idea what other PL teams do over the summer, but Colgate has 60 plus guys on campus every year. Feel like this is a big reason why Colgate is so solid at this point. If the team puts in the work they did last year (I think Holl and others will make sure this happens) 2019 edition of Colgate football has the potential to be very good.
    I feel sorry for the rest of the Patriot League