Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    AGS FCS Champion Lehigh Football Nation's Avatar

Re: The Committee just went bat **** crazy

Quote Originally Posted by Drblankstare View Post
    Only thing to do now, is sit back and wait to see where UNH gets seeded...
    This!
    Follow me on Twitter (User Name LFN)

The
    Time
    Is
    Now

Is the SRS actually published somewhere now, or is it locked away somewhere again?

Also, had another important thought. This also brings in Furman and Elon potentially into the at-large party with six wins.

The
    Time
    Is
    Now

As long as we don’t get sent to Fargo I can live with it.

The coaches poll should carry no weight. Coaches often know little about teams that their schools don’t ever play.

Quote Originally Posted by woffordgrad94 View Post
    The coaches poll should carry no weight. Coaches often know little about teams that their schools don’t ever play.
    It’s a popularity contest, programs who’ve been historically good get good rankings they don’t deserve, like JSU, UNH, UNI etc.

AGS FCS Champion

Quote Originally Posted by JacksFan40 View Post
    It’s a popularity contest, programs who’ve been historically good get good rankings they don’t deserve, like JSU, UNH, UNI etc.
    I mean our ranking will probably be completely irrelevant when setting the field anyway.

The Don of the MVFC Mafia BisonBacker's Avatar
    Where ever I happen to be when you are reading this!

Quote Originally Posted by kalm View Post
    Yes, but anybody who follows FCS closely knows what a pos it is. Yet they announce it as one of their metrics? Imagine someone in our poll thread stating they follow the coaches poll and use it. They’d be torn apart. Shows a lack of awareness by the committee.
    Don't disagree with you on that at all. The coaches poll should just be done away with altogether.
    If God didn't want us to hunt, He wouldn't have given us plaid shirts--Floyd R. Turbo
    I only kill in self defense-what would you do if a rabbit pulled a knife on you?. Floyd R. Turbo
    We are advised to NOT judge ALL Muslims by the actions of a few lunatics, but we are encouraged to judge ALL gun owners by the actions of a few lunatics.

The Don of the MVFC Mafia BisonBacker's Avatar
    Where ever I happen to be when you are reading this!

Quote Originally Posted by JacksFan40 View Post
    It’s a popularity contest, programs who’ve been historically good get good rankings they don’t deserve, like JSU, UNH, UNI, SHSU,San Diego etc.
    Fixed your post lol.
    If God didn't want us to hunt, He wouldn't have given us plaid shirts--Floyd R. Turbo
    I only kill in self defense-what would you do if a rabbit pulled a knife on you?. Floyd R. Turbo
    We are advised to NOT judge ALL Muslims by the actions of a few lunatics, but we are encouraged to judge ALL gun owners by the actions of a few lunatics.

Yeah, the Coaches Poll thing is crazy to point out, but it's the only one somewhat related to the NCAA. I think they put that in there along with the caveat of "but not limited to" in order to have all polls (which could include Massey/Sagaring or AGS) be considered. If they would have put the Media poll in there instead of the Coaches Poll, I would take that as STATS is the end-all-be-all. Putting the Coaches Poll in tells me they want to use all polls.

Two other things that caught my attention were
    "Record against opponents from other AQ conferences". Is that in some way a knock against the Ivy, MEAC, and SWAC?
    "An Institution with less than six division 1 wins may place that team in jeopardy of not being selected." Should we consider UNH in the field already because of that one word "may"? I know they have to leave themselves an out just in case there aren't enough at larges with 6 D1 wins, but it still jumps out at me.

Quote Originally Posted by Mayville Bison View Post
    Two other things that caught my attention were
    "Record against opponents from other AQ conferences". Is that in some way a knock against the Ivy, MEAC, and SWAC?
    "An Institution with less than six division 1 wins may place that team in jeopardy of not being selected." Should we consider UNH in the field already because of that one word "may"? I know they have to leave themselves an out just in case there aren't enough at larges with 6 D1 wins, but it still jumps out at me.
    Yes and yes.

The
    Time
    Is
    Now