Quote Originally Posted by Mayville Bison View Post
Yeah, the Coaches Poll thing is crazy to point out, but it's the only one somewhat related to the NCAA. I think they put that in there along with the caveat of "but not limited to" in order to have all polls (which could include Massey/Sagaring or AGS) be considered. If they would have put the Media poll in there instead of the Coaches Poll, I would take that as STATS is the end-all-be-all. Putting the Coaches Poll in tells me they want to use all polls.

Two other things that caught my attention were
"Record against opponents from other AQ conferences". Is that in some way a knock against the Ivy, MEAC, and SWAC?
"An Institution with less than six division 1 wins may place that team in jeopardy of not being selected." Should we consider UNH in the field already because of that one word "may"? I know they have to leave themselves an out just in case there aren't enough at larges with 6 D1 wins, but it still jumps out at me.
It also hurts the teams in the NEC/Patriot/Pioneer who schedule the Ivys regularly (arguably). It reduces the probability of an at-large from one of these conferences.