Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Big Sky Predictions 11-10

So here we are. Some of the Big Sky schools are playing their last conference game of the year this weekend and so many questions surrounding the four top teams regarding any playoff hopes. One major conference game on tap this week and one major conference game on tap next week will define who is going and who is staying. I was perfect 7-0 last week. All teams play so another 7 games on the docket. Another chance at perfection.

ISU at CP---The Bengals are coming off an exciting road win last weekend and hit the road again against what should be a lesser opponent. But the Mustangs have shown they are capable of putting a scare into the big boys so this may not be easy...ISU 52, CP 42.

UM at UI---The return of an old Big Sky rivalry may not have the luster that it once had but it will still be intense. The Grizzlies want a good win to head into their Brawl next week while the Vandals want to get their last conference game of the season...UI 31, UM 28.

NAU at SAC---The Lumberjacks are limping along, hoping to make it through this season (one more game). The Hornets are hoping for any conference win and hope they don't have to get it next week in their Classic. This may be a good game no one else cares about...SAC 28, NAU 24.

UNC at MSU---The last conference game of the year for the Bears and they would love to get a win to build on next year. The Bobcats are harboring very slim playoff hopes and while the dominoes all have to fall a certain way, one is not to stub their toe here...MSU 31, UNC 10.

PSU at North Dakota---This is the only time that the Vikings head east of the Continental Divide and they take on a wounded Hawks team eager to come home after last week's loss. The Hawks have looked good at home and not too good on the road. This is at home...North Dakota 35, PSU 28.

UCD at EWU---Huge playoff implications here. The Aggies may already be in but they would love to get the auto bid and a win over the Eagles could pretty much sew it up. The Eagles may need one more win and this would be a great one to get...EWU 49, UCD 45.

WSU at SUU---The Wildcats are thinking they are in if they win their remaining games, but going on the road for a conference game against your secondary rival is hardly a gimme. The Thunderbirds would like nothing more than to dash those hopes...WSU 24, SUU 21.

First Class FCS Ruler geaux_sioux's Avatar

Re: Big Sky Predictions 11-10

Quote Originally Posted by JALMOND View Post
    So here we are. Some of the Big Sky schools are playing their last conference game of the year this weekend and so many questions surrounding the four top teams regarding any playoff hopes. One major conference game on tap this week and one major conference game on tap next week will define who is going and who is staying. I was perfect 7-0 last week. All teams play so another 7 games on the docket. Another chance at perfection.

ISU at CP---The Bengals are coming off an exciting road win last weekend and hit the road again against what should be a lesser opponent. But the Mustangs have shown they are capable of putting a scare into the big boys so this may not be easy...ISU 52, CP 42.

UM at UI---The return of an old Big Sky rivalry may not have the luster that it once had but it will still be intense. The Grizzlies want a good win to head into their Brawl next week while the Vandals want to get their last conference game of the season...UI 31, UM 28.

NAU at SAC---The Lumberjacks are limping along, hoping to make it through this season (one more game). The Hornets are hoping for any conference win and hope they don't have to get it next week in their Classic. This may be a good game no one else cares about...SAC 28, NAU 24.

UNC at MSU---The last conference game of the year for the Bears and they would love to get a win to build on next year. The Bobcats are harboring very slim playoff hopes and while the dominoes all have to fall a certain way, one is not to stub their toe here...MSU 31, UNC 10.

PSU at North Dakota---This is the only time that the Vikings head east of the Continental Divide and they take on a wounded Hawks team eager to come home after last week's loss. The Hawks have looked good at home and not too good on the road. This is at home...North Dakota 35, PSU 28.

UCD at EWU---Huge playoff implications here. The Aggies may already be in but they would love to get the auto bid and a win over the Eagles could pretty much sew it up. The Eagles may need one more win and this would be a great one to get...EWU 49, UCD 45.

WSU at SUU---The Wildcats are thinking they are in if they win their remaining games, but going on the road for a conference game against your secondary rival is hardly a gimme. The Thunderbirds would like nothing more than to dash those hopes...WSU 24, SUU 21.
    Iím gonna disagree with you about us struggling on the road this year. Last week was the first time we didnít play well on the road all year. Weíve played much worse at home.

UND ain't beating da Viks. Their offense is legit.

AGS FCS Champion

ISU orange
    Griz
    NAU
    MSU Bobcats
    UND
    UC Davis
    Weber State
    Tim Murphy Retirement Watch: now ongoing ... so that Harvard football will move toward relevance again.

In the meantime, I will cheer for Stony Brook and ETSU besides the Crimson.

Davis 28-34 EWUThe Eags don't have Gubrud, but they did have a bye to prepare for this one

Idaho St. 49-42 Cal Poly — I wish I could see Cal Poly's offense face their own awful run defense

NAU 24-27 SacWhoever passes the least wins

Montana 23-27 IdahoWill the Little Brown Stein reside in Moscow for the first time since 2000?

Weber 41-7 Suutah — SUU looked like an RMAC team last week, so this will be a boring Beehive Bowl

NoCo 21-34 Montana St.The Bobcats should keep their iffy playoff hopes alive heading into Griz/Cat

Portland St. 24-38 NoDakPSU has been game of late, but the Fighting Hawks have a lot more to play for

ISU 38 at CP 28---CP's defense is weak, especially their run defense. The Potatoes have to win out to earn a 7 Div 1 total. There playoff hopes will be on shaky ground if they lose one. and ISU offense has been doing pretty good this year.

UM 28 at UI 31---If UM is to have slim playoff hopes they must win out. This game will be a tough one on the road. Which griz team will show up, the one that thumped SUU or the one from the previous 3 weeks?

NAU 15 at SAC 24---The pillow fight game of the week. I think SAC gets a BSC win.

UNC 18 at MSU 31---MSU must win out to have a slim playoff hope. MSU has been showing signs of improvement throughout the season. Being in Bozeman MSU will take another improvement step.

PSU 24 at North Dakota 32---I like what PSU has done this year. They appear to relevant again, but this game is at ND and ND is a decent team.

UCD 25 at EWU 24---Both of these teams are most likely in the playoffs. This game will be for a top 4 seed. I had to pick one team to win so I went with UCD since EWU is on their backup QB, but this game could go either way.

WSU 24 at SUU 17---The BBQ's defense should be able to handle the T-Birds and earn the W.

Idaho State beats CP- too much Bengal offense for the Mustangs to keep pace
    Griz over the Vandals- close game. To me the biggest thing is renewal of a historic rivalry.
    Sac State beats NAU- Both teams struggling. Home field advantage wins.
    MSU Beats UNC
    North Dakota beats Portland State
    Weber State beat Southern Utah for state rights
    EWU beats UCD- 38-24.

Quote Originally Posted by mvemjsunpx View Post
    Idaho St. 49-42 Cal Poly ó I wish I could see Cal Poly's offense face their own awful run defense
    That would be a sight to behold for sure! Defense gets points for every play that doesn't end up as a 20 yard gainer??
    MplsBison - "There is no link to provide. I don't have the time to do all the research that would be needed to fully prove my point, but I know I'm correct."

ISU
    UM
    SAC
    MSU
    North Dakota
    UCD
    WSU
    Idaho * Portland State * Cal State-Fullerton * Eastern Washington * Nevada * Delaware * Southern Utah * Youngstown State * Hofstra * Montana State * North Dakota State * Western Illinois * Cal Poly * Massachusetts * Wofford * Northern Arizona * Coastal Carolina * Weber State *
    ...the only visiting teams to win in Washington-Grizzly Stadium

UofMMan1122: "We are officially the most badass state in the union. "

ISU at CP

UM at UI

NAU at SAC

UNC at MSU

PSU at NDU

UCD at EWU

WSU at SUU