View Poll Results: How often do you prefer a National Awards Outlook?

Voters
34. You may not vote on this poll
  • Every week

23 67.65%
  • Every 2 weeks

7 20.59%
  • Every 3 weeks

4 11.76%
  • Don't like them

0 0%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    First Class FCS Ruler Derby City Duke's Avatar
    Somewhere on the Bourbon Trail between the Jim Beam and Four Roses Distilleries

Re: How often do you prefer a National Awards Outlook?

Start the 1st weekend of October then go every other week until 1st weekend of November. After that weekly -- and you could conceivably pare your list down each week significantly once you get to November.
    "The advancement and diffusion of knowledge is the only guardian of true liberty." - James Madison

I voted for every week, but 2 weeks is also good. I have always appreciated your work providing national award and recruiting information to this site!
    Idaho * Portland State * Cal State-Fullerton * Eastern Washington * Nevada * Delaware * Southern Utah * Youngstown State * Hofstra * Montana State * North Dakota State * Western Illinois * Cal Poly * Massachusetts * Wofford * Northern Arizona * Coastal Carolina * Weber State *
    ...the only visiting teams to win in Washington-Grizzly Stadium

UofMMan1122: "We are officially the most badass state in the union. "

AGS FCS Champion SmallCollegeFBFan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BEAR View Post
    Great info but honestly too many on the lists so I just glance over it and move on. Every once in a while I may bring up a candidate but that's rare. Though I think most here enjoy it weekly.
    Another thing I am considering is parring down the "considered" list. What I'm thinking of doing is dropping them down to just 20 names and only 5-6 in the considered section. I do agree the lists have gotten long. I have dropped names but want to narrow down the lists. I may take the next week to do that and then just post my final lists in two weeks.

What do you all think of that?

Quote Originally Posted by Derby City Duke View Post
    Start the 1st weekend of October then go every other week until 1st weekend of November. After that weekly -- and you could conceivably pare your list down each week significantly once you get to November.
    That is something I was debating. I did not decide the exact dates like you just said but that is a good idea. Post a preseason list and then update October 1st and every 2 weeks until November 1st with an update in both of those final weeks of the regular season.

AGS FCS Champion

How often do you prefer a National Awards Outlook?

Quote Originally Posted by SmallCollegeFBFan View Post
    Another thing I am considering is parring down the "considered" list. What I'm thinking of doing is dropping them down to just 20 names and only 5-6 in the considered section. I do agree the lists have gotten long. I have dropped names but want to narrow down the lists. I may take the next week to do that and then just post my final lists in two weeks.

What do you all think of that?
    Ohhhhh dropping the list size down should really get some bitching, I mean conversation going. I like it.

Also, if anyone is reading this on Tapatalk like I do, take a minute to do the poll in web page view. I think the work SCFBF does deserves at least that much effort from us.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I don't drink anymore. I don't necessarily drink any less either, though.

I am ED. #FEARME
    Go Big, Go Blue, Go JACKS!

Quote Originally Posted by Thumper 76 View Post
    Ohhhhh dropping the list size down should really get some bitching, I mean conversation going. I like it.

Also, if anyone is reading this on Tapatalk like I do, take a minute to do the poll in web page view. I think the work SCFBF does deserves at least that much effort from us.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I appreciate it. I usually try to add names brought up unless they don't have decent numbers the next week or two after but I do think it is time to start eliminating names and then possibly have a vote on here. I may drop the list down to 20 and then down to 10 to be voted on and have a vote on AGS.

Its nice to look at occasionally. Every week is a little much as its usually the same old same old so I dont look at it every week or every two weeks. 3-4weeks is ok with me.
    Opportunity is unattainable for most people because it is disguised as hard work!!

This is exactly how I'd do it except add maybe a preseason list as well

AGS FCS Champion

I change my vote to this!

2011, '12, '13, '14 '15 & '17 National Champions

I'm better than you...probably

Quote Originally Posted by katss07 View Post
    You do a great job. I voted every 2 weeks just because not too much changes in a week. I donít mind weekly though.
    I'll read it every time it goes up but I agree with you guys that have made this similar statement. If not much changes and it involves more work than necessary for every week then I'm fine with that. BUT, if you are already doing the work then I'd just as soon see it up as it's good discussion.
    http://www.anygivensaturday.com/signaturepics/sigpic2954_4.gif
    "At Georgia Southern, we don't cheat.......That costs money and we don't have any."
    Erk Russell - Georgia Southern