Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    AGS FCS Champion

Re: Playing with Bubbles

Quote Originally Posted by Gangtackle11 View Post
    Maine wins CAA if they win out.
    I wasn't sure about if they would or not. It shouldn't make a big difference for the At-larges though so I didn't really bother to look.

Quote Originally Posted by chattownmocs View Post
    Grass is a disaster. He has 2 senior RBs and he brought in an auburn reject to be his starter. It's sad how in shambles your roster is right now. And it happened so quickly. Pathetic. I guess you should expect it from a career high school coach. Who btw, underachieved in high school. What a loser.

Quote Originally Posted by Gangtackle11 View Post
    Maine wins CAA if they win out.
    So...in that event, is it fair to say that the best the CAA has is 3 scores worse than a middle of the pack Ivy League Team?

(asking for A LOT of friends)
    We few, we happy few, we band of brothers;
    For he today that sheds his blood with me, shall be my brother.

AGS FCS Champion

Good stuff. From the MVFC or otherwise there will be no 6-5 teams in the field this year.

I think the Big Sky could snag an extra at-large as already has been mentioned and I still think that the CAA could end up with 5 at-large if the MVFC loses one to drop to 2 (which is possible if not likely). If any other spots open up (like with NC A&T) making it to the Celebration Bowl we might see an extra team from the SOCON or SLC as well but, if things go mostly to plan, I think you've got it pegged pretty well.
    Professor Chaos is a proud supporter of the 6-time NCAA Division 1 Football National Champion North Dakota State Bison.

FCS Champion

Quote Originally Posted by JSUSoutherner View Post
    All the 5-4 MVFC teams. (WIU, UNI, ISUb, ISUr)
    It’s a fact of life that MVFC fans are going to push for all of their 6-5 teams into the post season. I think a 7-4 MVFC is a lock but let’s take a look at what might happen should a team finish 6-5.

WIU:
    Good Wins: UNI
    The Leathernecks don’t have any ‘terrible’ losses but their resume is extremely meh.

• 1 score win over a horrid Youngstown team
    • Beat SIU by just 3
    • Lost to ISUr (which would be a deciding factor if WIU and ISUr both finish 6-5)
    • Beat a mediocre Griz team by 4 at home.

There’s nothing for the Leathernecks that I think the committee will look at and say “Wow, their record doesn’t represent how good this team actually is”
    The Leathernecks last two are South Dakota and ISUb. If they drop one it HAS to be the game against ISUb and they have to be ISUb fans this weekend.

UNI:
    Good Wins: ISUr and SDSU
    UNI I could see going either way. Their last two are Youngstown and Missouri State, both of which aren’t pretty to lose to. UNI has the benefit of beating ISUr and they blanked ISUb so I think if it was UNI vs either of those two UNI will easily get the nod. The only real “negative” on UNI’s resume is that Montana loss.

ISUr vs ISUb- 11/10
    Both of these teams have sub-D1 wins. Both MUST win out. End of story. I think ISUr’s resume would be more appealing than ISUb’s at the end of the season.

If I had to rank each team on likelihood to make at 6-5 with 5 being most likely and 1 being no chance:
    UNI- 5
    ISUr-4
    WIU-3
    ISUb-1.5
    Decent breakdown of things, although I have to disagree with the thought of 6-5 MVFC teams getting into the playoffs. I think WIU is firmly in the "must win out" situation.
    If we finish 7-4, I'm about 95% sure we're in.
    If we finish 6-5, I'm about 95% sure we're out.
    Admin of LeatherneckNation.net
    Alumnus/Employee/Fan of Western Illinois University
    WIU Marching Leathernecks - 1996-2000

AGS FCS Champion

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Chaos View Post
    Good stuff. From the MVFC or otherwise there will be no 6-5 teams in the field this year.

I think the Big Sky could snag an extra at-large as already has been mentioned and I still think that the CAA could end up with 5 at-large if the MVFC loses one to drop to 2 (which is possible if not likely). If any other spots open up (like with NC A&T) making it to the Celebration Bowl we might see an extra team from the SOCON or SLC as well but, if things go mostly to plan, I think you've got it pegged pretty well.
    I think 6-5 UNI has a better case than a lot of 7-4 teams would. I was also counting ISUr in the "6-5" category because of the non-d1 though they would technically be 6-4. It wouldn't surprise me if one or both of them got in.

Grass is a disaster. He has 2 senior RBs and he brought in an auburn reject to be his starter. It's sad how in shambles your roster is right now. And it happened so quickly. Pathetic. I guess you should expect it from a career high school coach. Who btw, underachieved in high school. What a loser.

AGS FCS Champion

Quote Originally Posted by ST_Lawson View Post
    Decent breakdown of things, although I have to disagree with the thought of 6-5 MVFC teams getting into the playoffs. I think WIU is firmly in the "must win out" situation.
    Who is better? 7-4 McNeese or 6-5 WIU?

AGS FCS Champion

I think 6-5 UNI has a better case than a lot of 7-4 teams would. I was also counting ISUr in the "6-5" category because of the non-d1 though they would technically be 6-4. It wouldn't surprise me if one or both of them got in.
    I see. I do think 6-4 against D1 ISUr has a shot and even 6-4 against D1 ISUb would have a shot. I still don't think 6-5 UNI would have much of a chance. They'd have to lose to either YSU or Missouri St to get there which would add to a pretty sketchy loss against Montana earlier in the year. If it would come to them vs say a 7-4 McNeese or a 7-4 Lamar or something like that you'd have a point but I think there would be better options out there than any of those teams.
    Professor Chaos is a proud supporter of the 6-time NCAA Division 1 Football National Champion North Dakota State Bison.

Quote Originally Posted by ST_Lawson View Post
    I have us at 0% 6-5 and 60% at 7-4

Quote Originally Posted by FUBeAR View Post
    So...in that event, is it fair to say that the best the CAA has is 3 scores worse than a middle of the pack Ivy League Team?

(asking for A LOT of friends)
    If Maine is playing with its backup quarterback, sure.

AGS FCS Champion

Agreed. I've been saying this for years but 6 wins is the threshold that needs to be met to be considered. We always talk about 7 wins and that was the threshold years ago, but it isn't the case now. Once you are in consideration I believe the best resume gets in and we know win total is far from the only thing on a teams resume.