Page 3 of 23 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
    First Class FCS Ruler semobison's Avatar

Re: The Great SoCon, OVC, SLC Pillow Fight of 2019

Quote Originally Posted by youngterrier View Post
    There's a maximum of like 10 teams that will finish 8-3 for at-large in the "power" conferences, with many of them likely not finishing that high.

I don't see JSU or Wofford getting left out at 8-3. The playoff committee is not going to put 2 7-4 CAA/MVFC teams over 8-3 JSU/Wofford (especially not Wofford with a top 25 win). They aren't going to make it the MVFC/CAA open.
    If UNI and WIU win out they will both be 7-4 and most likely will be in. But... the way this season has been going it wouldn't surprise me if either would drop a game down the stretch. Bubble teams from other conferences should be hoping that would be the case. Both ISU teams also have a chance to get to 7-4 but both would have only 6 DI wins.
    If I was a betting man I would put money on the Valley not getting more than 3 teams in the playoffs. It's been that kind of year, lots of teams stuck in the middle.

Let me rephrase my original point:

If the second place CAA/MVFC team is 7-4, they will get in over an 8-3 Southland/Southern/JSU. But not the 4th place CAA/MVFC team. That's not to say that there won't be multiple teams from the CAA/MVFC at 7-4 getting in, but that you will not see more than 1-2 and not the 8-3 teams.

AGS FCS Champion

Here's another thing to consider:

The playoff committee isn't going to sit there like many CAA/MVFC fans and think "how many CAA and MVFC teams can we stuff into the bracket before we even have to look at those plebs!?”

Quote Originally Posted by chattownmocs View Post
    Grass is a disaster. He has 2 senior RBs and he brought in an auburn reject to be his starter. It's sad how in shambles your roster is right now. And it happened so quickly. Pathetic. I guess you should expect it from a career high school coach. Who btw, underachieved in high school. What a loser.

Quote Originally Posted by JSUSoutherner View Post

The playoff committee isn't going to sit there like many CAA/MVFC fans and think "how many CAA and MVFC teams can we stuff into the bracket before we even have to look at those plebs!?”
    Exactly. Leaving McNeese last year at 9-2 was an outlier, especially since they didn't have a good win, but usually you'll see the decent conferences get the benefit of the doubt.

AGS FCS Champion

Quote Originally Posted by JSUSoutherner View Post

Exactly. Leaving McNeese last year at 9-2 was an outlier, especially since they didn't have a good win, but usually you'll see the decent conferences get the benefit of the doubt.
    They haven't don't that in previous years either when the CAA and MVFC made up half the at-large field. Teams from those two conferences just generally have the highest SOS so they get more leeway in terms of W/L record and therefore are most likely to get a good number of at-large selections. This year is no different in that regard.

Quote Originally Posted by semobison View Post
    If UNI and WIU win out they will both be 7-4 and most likely will be in. But... the way this season has been going it wouldn't surprise me if either would drop a game down the stretch. Bubble teams from other conferences should be hoping that would be the case. Both ISU teams also have a chance to get to 7-4 but both would have only 6 DI wins.
    If I was a betting man I would put money on the Valley not getting more than 3 teams in the playoffs. It's been that kind of year, lots of teams stuck in the middle.
    Yep, it's possible the MVFC only gets 2 bids if the conference goes nuclear on itself in the last 2 weeks.
    Professor Chaos is a proud supporter of the 6-time NCAA Division 1 Football National Champion North Dakota State Bison.

Kinda funny to see a thread started by an EWU fan about OOC wins who's teams only OOC win this year was lower division Central Washington, credibility gone
    Last edited by FUGameBreaker; November 6th, 2018 at 11:40 AM.

Part of the reason I'm avoiding speculation right now is that there are sooooooo many teams sitting at 3 losses in the CAA. This is the worst time of the year to speculate because there are just enough teams with a chance that it's impossible to make heads or tails of it. Next week will be a lot better.

Should be a crazy weekend ahead, as pointed out in another thread 23 of the top 30 teams in the AGS poll play on the road this weekend

Re: The Great SoCon, OVC, SLC Pillow Fight of 2018

This thread brought to you courtesy of the Big Lie Conference’s Playoff DADDY; the Non-Scholarship Pioneer Football League.
    We few, we happy few, we band of brothers;
    For he today that sheds his blood with me, shall be my brother.

Quote Originally Posted by FUBeAR View Post
    This thread brought to you courtesy of the Big Lie Conference’s Playoff DADDY; the Non-Scholarship Pioneer Football League.
    Count me as one who wants to go to seeding everyone and letting it play out.
    FU all the time.

"The game we know and love literally grew up in the Southern Conference. To find the foundation for ACC and SEC football, you have to go the league’s roots. To find an appreciation for a brand of football often-overlooked and seldom-appreciated, we as fans should do the same."

AGS FCS Champion

Quote Originally Posted by PaladinFan View Post
    Count me as one who wants to go to seeding everyone and letting it play out.

Nope. I think that is a stupid idea. Actually, if I were king of the world, everyone would get their name put in a hat and matchups would be randomly picked. If a team is truly the champion they have to be able to beat everyone, so does it matter, really? I know most would hate that, but I like the random nature of it. But I hate regionalization more. The top 8 can be designated still, but the rest of the bracket should be random.
    FIRE THOSE CANNONS!