Page 14 of 23 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast
    AGS FCS Champion

Re: The Great SoCon, OVC, SLC Pillow Fight of 2019

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Chaos View Post
    Illinois St lost to UNI. You are awarded no points and may God have mercy on your soul.

…..however, Illinois St did beat Western Illinois who beat UNI.
    That just makes our case better. Even our quality losses have quality losses!

Re: The Great SoCon, OVC, SLC Pillow Fight of 2018

Quote Originally Posted by PaladinFan View Post
    Count me as one who wants to go to seeding everyone and letting it play out.
    If they did that I bet you’d find neighboring schools magically paired in the seeding.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2017 AGS Playoff Survivor Pool Champion

Quote Originally Posted by JSUSoutherner View Post
    That just makes our case better. Even our quality losses have quality losses!

Thanks for pointing out the OVC crappy loss to 2-7 SIU
    Plus the 2 OVC losses to UTC (head to head battles if you will)

SoCon has nothing of the sort

Wow... this is the thread that keeps on giving. Never in my life did I think I'd see someone argue that their conference is good because they play SEC teams and, predictably, get their $#it pushed in. Strength of opponent only helps if you keep it COMPETITIVE. Taking the money game is fine. Bad losses are expected and aren't held against the team, but you definitely don't get CREDIT for it either. Jebus.....
    MplsBison - "There is no link to provide. I don't have the time to do all the research that would be needed to fully prove my point, but I know I'm correct."

Quote Originally Posted by MSUBobcat View Post
    Wow... this is the thread that keeps on giving. Never in my life did I think I'd see someone argue that their conference is good because they play SEC teams and, predictably, get their $#it pushed in. Strength of opponent only helps if you keep it COMPETITIVE. Taking the money game is fine. Bad losses are expected and aren't held against the team, but you definitely don't get CREDIT for it either. Jebus.....
    Only 1 SEC game, so far, this season, and, yeah, an ETSU Team NOT starting the QB that has turned their season around, got whipped pretty good.

On the other hand, Samford, a Team that ‘shoulda’ beat their SEC opponent a couple of years ago AND ‘shoulda’ beat their ACC Opponent the week before they lost to Mercer...who took Auburn deep into the 4th quarter before falling last year...getting that win over Samford the week before they lost to The Citadel, who beat an SEC Team a couple of years back.

I may have missed or misread some posts, but I didn’t see any SoCon Fans looking for credit for losing big to SEC Teams, but your characterization of the competiveness of all of these games is as inaccurate as the media typically portrays. Just about once a year, a SoCon Team puts a good scare into these SEC/ACC Teams - Samford this year (so far - don’t count Chatt out against USC or, for that matter, WCU against a bad UNC Team) @ FSU, Mercer last year @ Auburn, Samford the year before that @ Miss. St., and The Citadel with the win over South Carolina the year before that.

While Fans (like you) and the media assume and ‘misremember’ all of these SoCon games as being walkovers, they aren’t. I can assure you the Coaches of & the Players on these SEC & ACC Teams know it.
    We few, we happy few, we band of brothers;
    For he today that sheds his blood with me, shall be my brother.

Exactly thank you for helping me make my point, the SoCon has no bad losses so there is nothing to point to and say its a bad league.

Taking out the FBS losses, there are only a total of 4 FCS OOC losses all season which were all on the road, and all 4 teams are pretty solid winning and ranked teams, nothing to be ashamed of at all

Quote Originally Posted by FUBeAR View Post
    Only 1 SEC game, so far, this season, and, yeah, an ETSU Team NOT starting the QB that has turned their season around, got whipped pretty good.

On the other hand, Samford, a Team that ‘shoulda’ beat their SEC opponent a couple of years ago AND ‘shoulda’ beat their ACC Opponent the week before they lost to Mercer...who took Auburn deep into the 4th quarter before falling last year...getting that win over Samford the week before they lost to The Citadel, who beat an SEC Team a couple of years back.

I may have missed or misread some posts, but I didn’t see any SoCon Fans looking for credit for losing big to SEC Teams, but your characterization of the competiveness of all of these games is as inaccurate as the media typically portrays. Just about once a year, a SoCon Team puts a good scare into these SEC/ACC Teams - Samford this year (so far - don’t count Chatt out against USC or, for that matter, WCU against a bad UNC Team) @ FSU, Mercer last year @ Auburn, Samford the year before that @ Miss. St., and The Citadel with the win over South Carolina the year before that.

While Fans (like you) and the media assume and ‘misremember’ all of these SoCon games as being walkovers, they aren’t. I can assure you the Coaches of & the Players on these SEC & ACC Teams know it.
    Quote Originally Posted by FUGameBreaker View Post
    Look how many Big Sky teams don't even play 1 single FBS game, case closed
    Only one losing here is you

Does the Big Sky play the likes of an Alabama or Clemson, nope

Does the Big Sky have a good many teams that don't even play an FBS game, yes, 4 to be in fact (and NAU played joke UTEMP)

Does every SoCon team play at least 1 FBS game, yes
    Your boy FUGB carried that torch for quite a few posts.
    MplsBison - "There is no link to provide. I don't have the time to do all the research that would be needed to fully prove my point, but I know I'm correct."

Your boy FUGB carried that torch for quite a few posts.
    Yeah...this line probably falls into the ‘taking credit’ category...

...but the others; not so much. More like criticism of Big Lie Teams for NOT playing the better PAC12 or B1G Teams...methinks.
    We few, we happy few, we band of brothers;
    For he today that sheds his blood with me, shall be my brother.

Exactly thank you for helping me make my point, the SoCon has no bad losses so there is nothing to point to and say its a bad league.

Taking out the FBS losses, there are only a total of 4 FCS OOC losses all season which were all on the road, and all 4 teams are pretty solid winning and ranked teams, nothing to be ashamed of at all
    I don't recall anyone saying it's a BAD league. Just that this year's version is more comparable to the OVC and SLC than the MVFC, CAA or even the Big Sky. My comment was just in reference to the absurdity of comparing FBS schedules between conferences. Getting knocked the f*** out by Mike Tyson doesn't mean I'm a good boxer.

Quote Originally Posted by FUBeAR View Post
    Yeah...this line probably falls into the ‘taking credit’ category...

...but the others; not so much. More like criticism of Big Lie Teams for NOT playing the better PAC12 Teams...methinks.
    That was just a few of his posts claiming some kind of moral victory for playing a tough FBS. It has no bearing on the pecking order of the FCS teams or the individual conferences. Getting piss pounded by a top 25 FBS for some $$$ doesn't make you better (or worse) than a team that elects to play only FCS teams. It's a non-factor. You're getting money to take an asskicking, that's it. Maybe get lucky and catch lightning in a bottle.