Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Re: Patriot League Pick'Em - Week 11

Fordham (1-8, 1-3) at Holy Cross (3-6, 2-2), 12 noon - The Rams look every bit like a one win team. The Cross looks better than a three.

Lafayette (3-6, 2-3) at Army (7-2), 12 noon - No vote should ever be unanimous, no matter how ridiculous.

Colgate (8-0, 5-0) at Lehigh (2-7, 1-3), 12:30 - Even if the Stained Undies had a late October wake up call, it won't be nearly enough.

Bucknell (1-8, 1-3) at Georgetown (4-5, 3-1), 12:30 - It's time to admit that Joe Susan hasn't accomplished much in Buffalo.

Quote Originally Posted by TheValleyRaider View Post
    1-2. Worst week of the season. For picking, I mean. The rest of it went just fine. 33-13 with two weeks to go.

Fordham at Holy Cross Holy Cross The Crusaders have shown some improvement over the season, and have looked good in two blowout wins. The Rams have had a few close calls, but seem to follow that up with backsliding. Some of that may be the schedule, but it's probably also a sign of a team still figuring it out who it is. By this point of the campaign, the Cross seems to know.

Lafayette at Army Army Army opens its Patriot League slate, coming off a big win over rival Air Force. The Leopards had been looking better, but that loss to the Crusaders will sting. It won't be what makes the difference here, but hopefully the Lafayette faithful that make the trip enjoy the last bit of fall foliage on the Hudson.

Colgate at Lehigh Colgate Where was that Lehigh team all season? Bucknell isn't very good, but this does reinforce a concern of mine that bad Lehigh is still wounded-animal-dangerous. This Colgate team, meanwhile, has been focused all season on dealing with the game in front of them, and I expect this week to be no difference, not with a chance at a perfect League slate and FCS schedule on the table. I'm not gutsy enough to pick another shutout, but there's enough pride on the defense to put in a pretty good effort to that effect. Question for Hawk fans: if Lehigh is competitive here, and follows up with a win over Lafayette, does that save Coen's job?

Bucknell at Georgetown Georgetown Dreams of a .500 season are in Hoya heads, and with good reason. They've had a bye to get set for this one, and the Bison have looked relatively toothless as of late. Does the Georgetown team that has slayed the Lehigh dragon fall short here? Doubtful.
    my picks also

First Class FCS Ruler KnightoftheRedFlash's Avatar

I am hoping my Cadets put 70 points on the board. No mercy. Keep the pedal down. Keep the focus. I want some points and to see the cheerleaders/cadets go hundreds of push-ups.
    Red Flash and Army fan.

AGS FCS Champion

Quote Originally Posted by KnightoftheRedFlash View Post
    I am hoping my Cadets put 70 points on the board. No mercy. Keep the pedal down. Keep the focus. I want some points and to see the cheerleaders/cadets go hundreds of push-ups.
    Army should put a pretty good physical, and perhaps mental, whooping on Lafayette. I wouldn't be surprised if the Leopards end up losing a few more players than usual to injury due to being completely outmatched. I know Lehigh has to deal with Colgate before next week's game with Lafayette but that's a helluva lot better than dealing with an stout Army team in West Point.
    Temple Alum By Choice, Lehigh Sports Fan By Blood

Fordham 13 at Holy Cross 28
    Lafayette 6 at Army 63
    Colgate 42 at Lehigh 7
    Bucknell 20 at Georgetown 27
    1-AA is tops!!

AGS FCS Champion Lehigh Football Nation's Avatar

Why aren't the Lafayette/Army games bigger deals for the Lafayette football fans? I know that Lafayette beating Army or Lehigh beating Navy are (let's just say) unlikely, but a day in Annapolis or a day at Michie is something every college football fan ought to do once in their lives. It's one of those things that transcends a bad record, at least to me.
    Follow me on Twitter (User Name LFN)

The
    Time
    Is
    Now

Quote Originally Posted by Lehigh Football Nation View Post
    Why aren't the Lafayette/Army games bigger deals for the Lafayette football fans? I know that Lafayette beating Army or Lehigh beating Navy are (let's just say) unlikely, but a day in Annapolis or a day at Michie is something every college football fan ought to do once in their lives. It's one of those things that transcends a bad record, at least to me.
    Agreed. A trip up the Hudson to West Point sure beats a trip up the Hudson to, say, Poughkeepsie.
    Georgetown: "We play where we do not compete, and compete where we do not play."

We are all exhausted by 9 straight losing seasons, and a team that doesnít seem to be improving much at the end of year 2 of Garrett. Throwing the ball 40-50 times a game for 180 yards. Reports of turmoil and discontent among coaches and players ... again. In short we have driven away casual fans and many of the more hardcore as well. Weíve been disappointed and told things will be better next too many times. We are angry or we just donít care any longer. Itís a shame but here we are, and you will see it next weekend in Easton.

Holy Cross played Army nearly annually in the 70s and 80s...wonderful memories of going to West Point as a kid and college student. Agree, trip there for a game should be on every fan's bucket list

I've been to games at four of the five service academies (Merchant Marine for rugby) & have always had a great time. Saw a couple of Gate wins at Army back in the '80's, and it really made no difference to the experience overall, which is inspiring. I'll be at West Point next week, and expect a good Gate crowd on hand... and expect Army to being doing a number of pushups regardless of our current defensive statistics.