Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Re: Colgate at Lehigh--Have the Mountain Hawks found their mojo?

It's actually only 23 pts, GT. Amazing.
    41-3 'Gate.
    GoHens.net - Home of the FCS Top 25 and Playoff Pools

eng, really thought the entire initial post was going to be tongue in cheek. Was already chuckling when opening it as I thought it was brilliant - especially to tweak posters from other conferences who would get a kick out of Lehigh fans getting cocky even during the most disastrous season they've ever had like the knight in Holy Grail shouting "oh... running away, eh?". If I mis-read the initial post and it was dripping with sarcasm, my apologies.

This one is over before it already started. I don't know what happened at Bucknell but this year's Fordham squad is more like a high school or prep school squad (in both age and ability) and we physically pounded you guys on the OL like no one else during the season - not even close. After having seen both of these teams I feel like I did when Fordham was playing Navy and I knew there wasn't any chance we could stop them even though we knew the one play they were going to run over ... and over ... and over.

My avatar will change to a Lehigh one until game 1 kickoff of next season if you guys pull this off.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Caesar.jpg  
    Upon the fields of friendly strife ...

Major FCS Advocate PeacockRaider's Avatar

Can it happen? Sure anygivensaturday, there has been bigger upsets. Do i see it happening, no. Lehigh played better this week against Bucknell, but it is still a team that lost 56-0 to HC just two weeks ago. A wet track may help Lehigh slightly but Colgate's D has the horses to shut down the tough running of Bragalone. The only great equalizer I am worried about is the zebra crew.

As far as Holy Cross having Gate on the ropes in game 1, it was 24-0 at the half and HC scored twice in the 4th quarter to make it 24-17...which is also the last td to be scored upon their D.

Quote Originally Posted by Fordham View Post
    eng, really thought the entire initial post was going to be tongue in cheek. Was already chuckling when opening it as I thought it was brilliant - especially to tweak posters from other conferences who would get a kick out of Lehigh fans getting cocky even during the most disastrous season they've ever had like the knight in Holy Grail shouting "oh... running away, eh?". If I mis-read the initial post and it was dripping with sarcasm, my apologies.

This one is over before it already started. I don't know what happened at Bucknell but this year's Fordham squad is more like a high school or prep school squad (in both age and ability) and we physically pounded you guys on the OL like no one else during the season - not even close. After having seen both of these teams I feel like I did when Fordham was playing Navy and I knew there wasn't any chance we could stop them even though we knew the one play they were going to run over ... and over ... and over.

My avatar will change to a Lehigh one until game 1 kickoff of next season if you guys pull this off.

I thought it was a ruse as well. One win over Bucknell changes nothing. The absolute worst thing that could happen to the program would be if we upset Colgate and Lafayette and they retained the head coach.

- - - Updated - - -

I thought it was a ruse as well. One win over Bucknell changes nothing. The absolute worst thing that could happen to the program would be if we upset Colgate and Lafayette and they retained the head coach.

AGS FCS Champion Lehigh Football Nation's Avatar

I'm sure I'll have some great suggestions for AVIs if it happens!
    Follow me on Twitter (User Name LFN)

The
    Time
    Is
    Now

Quote Originally Posted by PeacockRaider View Post
    As far as Holy Cross having Gate on the ropes in game 1, it was 24-0 at the half and HC scored twice in the 4th quarter to make it 24-17...which is also the last td to be scored upon their D.
    Yeah, the "on the ropes" narrative from the Crossers is a little much. They did play well in the second half, had some momentum, got to 17 with 7 minutes left in the 4th and... never got the ball back. We kneeled it out inside their 20 rather than take a meaningless score, and really didn't get our O going until a few games into the season.

Not too worried about the rain either, as I was at the 38-0 Gtown game in the monsoon 2 weeks ago. No excuses if we throw in a clunker vs LU... but not expecting that to happen. Hope Breneman isn't dinged up, he had to come out for a couple of series at Fordham.

AGS FCS Champion Lehigh Football Nation's Avatar

Here are some great AVI choices for Fordham

Follow me on Twitter (User Name LFN)

The
    Time
    Is
    Now

Amusing thread. One can construct some "ifs" going into this game , but a Lehigh W is not one of them.True the team we all expected this year appeared on Saturday vs Bucknell. I hope that team can build on that game going into Raider game. If we do, we can give Gate a good game. A win would require Gate to come in flat and make a lot of miscues. I dont expect that will happen. A good game where we make Gate earn the W would be great.

Quote Originally Posted by Lehigh Football Nation View Post
    Here are some great AVI choices for Fordham
    yikes - could not jump the gun any more than that, LFN. Be more than happy to change to any of those but not until Lehigh actually pulls off the upset.

Until then ...

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails LehighFordham2018.jpg  
    Last edited by Fordham; November 5th, 2018 at 11:04 AM. Reason: correcting the weird duplication
    Upon the fields of friendly strife ...

Colgate rolls by around 38-0 or so. However I doubt they’ll beat Army. I have Army winning that 41-24.