Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Kennesaw State Owls

First Class FCS Advocate
    My Team
    Idaho

Kennesaw State Owls

How good are the KSU Owls? They are ranked high, won 8 straight, and have a week schedule. Are they a title contender in a weak conference or has their schedule made them look better than they are?

AGS FCS Expert
    My Team
    VMI

Re: Kennesaw State Owls

They will be tested some (more so than their previous 4 games....still can't believe they lost to Ga. State..); @ Monmouth, vs. Jax. State....Owls should win both, but I for one won't be shocked if those two games (mainly the JSU game) are decided by 14-17 points....
    1-AA is tops!!

FCS EGG-HOLE
    My Team
    DELAWARE

Quote Originally Posted by Vandal03 View Post
    How good are the KSU Owls? They are ranked high, won 8 straight, and have a week schedule. Are they a title contender in a weak conference or has their schedule made them look better than they are?

..............YEAH 91 [email protected] ETS SUCKER SMACKED........IN EVERAH THREAD..........AWK!

The Ambien of AGS

My Team

Quote Originally Posted by kdinva View Post
    They will be tested some (more so than their previous 4 games....still can't believe they lost to Ga. State..); @ Monmouth, vs. Jax. State....Owls should win both, but I for one won't be shocked if those two games (mainly the JSU game) are decided by 14-17 points....
    I think this years KSU game will look a lot like last year. Our offense will be totally irrelevant but our defense won't make it easy for Kennesaw.

KSU will win 20-something to 3 or so.

My Team
    Sam Houston State

My take on Kennesaw is they are a good team but not a Top 5 team. The Owls have a good offense and one of the best quarterbacks in the FCS. Chandler Burks is a Payton Award quality qb IMHO. They have a stout defense by all accounts. That said, they have a weak schedule. Outside of Monmouth, who is pretty good but shouldn’t make the playoffs and JSU, who is having a down year, they’ve scheduled nobody! The Samford win is the only win of any quality right now, but the Bulldogs were not playing good football when the two played.

The Owls reached the quarterfinals last year, but had one of the easier paths. They looked good against Samford but got lucky JSU didn’t have an offense. They couldn’t put up enough points on the poor Sam Houston defense to advance further. I think the quarterfinals are their ceiling this year. They’ll draw a SoCon team in the second round but once they play another seed, the Owls are toast.

AGS FCS Champion

I've been giving Kennesaw St the benefit of the doubt for a long time, probably too long, in my poll ballot since they've been wiping the field with the inferior teams they've been playing. They need to beat these last two teams they play convincingly if they're going to vindicate my position on them to this point this year. If not, I'm going to be dropping them.
    Professor Chaos is a proud supporter of the 9-time NCAA Division 1 Football National Champion North Dakota State Bison.

The Ambien of AGS

My Team

Quote Originally Posted by katss07 View Post
    My take on Kennesaw is they are a good team but not a Top 5 team. The Owls have a good offense and one of the best quarterbacks in the FCS. Chandler Burks is a Payton Award quality qb IMHO. They have a stout defense by all accounts. That said, they have a weak schedule. Outside of Monmouth, who is pretty good but shouldn’t make the playoffs and JSU, who is having a down year, they’ve scheduled nobody! The Samford win is the only win of any quality right now, but the Bulldogs were not playing good football when the two played.

The Owls reached the quarterfinals last year, but had one of the easier paths. They looked good against Samford but got lucky JSU didn’t have an offense. They couldn’t put up enough points on the poor Sam Houston defense to advance further. I think the quarterfinals are their ceiling this year. They’ll draw a SoCon team in the second round but once they play another seed, the Owls are toast.
    Reminds me of Sam Houston teams of years past.

My Team
    Sam Houston State

Quote Originally Posted by JSUSoutherner View Post
    Yes, almost eerily similar. Good quarterback and O, good coach but weak conference. SHSU hasn’t had a defense like Kennesaw’s since the 11/12 runs though. That’ll help KSU hang around.

The Ambien of AGS

My Team

Quote Originally Posted by katss07 View Post
    Yes, almost eerily similar. Good quarterback and O, good coach but weak conference. SHSU hasn’t had a defense like Kennesaw’s since the 11/12 runs though. That’ll help KSU hang around.
    I think KSU will get to the quarterfinals again. They'll beat us, get a seed, bounce us in round 2 and lose to probably JMU.

AGS FCS Champion
    My Team
    Lehigh/Temple/DePaul/Kansas State

Quote Originally Posted by JSUSoutherner View Post
    Similar to the 10-1 Lehigh team that was left out. Highly ranked all year, pedigree from the previous two seasons but was left out due to a weak schedule (that wasn't THAT weak).
    Temple B.B.A., DePaul M.Ed., Kansas State Ph.D. (in progress) & Lehigh Blood! Go Mountain Hawks!