Hear me out

I do think IF IF. IF Furman WINS OUT the committee has a tough choice based on weather

Furman went 7-4 last year w the same opponents. And got in the playoffs at 7-4
so that's a fact we know.

IF WE WIN OUT. IF. That would be 6-4 this year with the missing Colgate game lost to hurricane ... who can say what would have happened ? Does the committee punish us for weather (and it was Colgate who backed out by the way.. Furman was offering free tickets to anyone who evacuated from the coast then Colgate announced the game was off a few hours later).

And Furman 6-4 this year has a more signature win than 7-4 Furman last year. We beat top 5/10 Wofford by 20. And today we beat top 30 Chattanooga ... Last year several people said 'but you didn't beat any top 30 / quality teams. '. Well this year we have. TWO now - one a top ten team in Wofford. So we did the same as last year except we have two much better wins.

We we were just denied a game because of the weather

1). Do you punish a team for the other team cancelling the game / weather ?
2). And this a Furman team who did the same as last year except with BETTER QUALITY WINS

For the hypothetical:

2017 playoff Furman. 7-4. Xxxxxxxx 2018 Furman. Xxx. Bold if different
NC State Loss. Xxxxxxxx Clemson Loss
Elon. Loss. Xxxxxxx. Elon. Loss
Samford. Loss Xxxxxxxx. Samford. Loss
Wofford Loss. Xxxxxxxx. Wofford. WIN
ETSU. Win. Xxxxxxxx ETSU. Loss (MUCH BETTER ETSU THIS YEAR -lead SoCon)
Citadel. Win xxxx. Citadel. Win
Western. Win. Xxxxxx. Western. Win
Chattanooga. Win. Xxxxxxxx. Chattanooga. Win (MUCH BETTER UTC THIS YEAR)
Mercer. Win. Xxxxxxx. Mercer. Win
VMI. Win. Xxxxxxx. VMI. Win

[ Colgate. Win. Xxxxxxxx. Colgate cancelled the game]

I guess a further point in Furmans favor would be the committee says they look at how you finished. Last year we won 7 of last 8 and got in... This hypothesis includes winning 6 of last 7 games !

does Furman have a shot at 6-4? Really asking.

Also, what if Furman finishes 2nd in SoCon at 6-2 conference record but Wofford is 3rd or 4th also at 6-2 conference record but we are 6-4 and they are 8-3 but we beat them head to head by 20? But Furman played Clemson and Elon and tried for Colgate ...while Wofford played Wyoming and Gardner Webb and Presbyterian.

Honestly interested in hearing your thoughts ..!