Page 2 of 24 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Re: Legit question - Can Furman possibly make playoffs at 6-4 ?

Quote Originally Posted by JSUSoutherner View Post
    Colgate would have dump trucked Furman.

Yes their defense is good, but you do know they have not beaten a single team with a winning record right!!

Guess who dump trucked Colgate last year!

I bet you were one that thought that was not a good win for Furman last year, now your on their bandwagon lol
    Last edited by FUGameBreaker; November 3rd, 2018 at 11:08 PM.

I know its a 4 quarter game a rightfully so, but I think the future is bright in Greenville, we need a few more weapons and a bit more depth but we are close

Furman has had at least 2 score 2nd half leads in every SoCon game this year so far

In 2nd half of 6 SoCon games:
    Lead ETSU 27-6
    Lead WCU 38-17
    Lead Wofford 34-14
    Lead Samford 19-10 (and driving before long fumble TD return for sammy)
    Lead Citadel 28-17
    Lead UTC 16-3

Sorry I know I am tooting our own horn, but I am happy to be encouraged again now after being down about us early in the year

AGS FCS Champion

Quote Originally Posted by FUGameBreaker View Post
    Yes there defense is good, but you do know they have not beaten a single team with a winning record right!!

Guess to dump trucked Colgate last year!

I bet you were one that thought that was not a good win for Furman last year, now your on their bandwagon lol
    If you think Colgate this year and last year are the same you're crazy.

Have you looked at the teams who are going to be on the bubble? Which 8-3 team are you going to bounce for a team who's crowning achievement is Hurricane Florence?

First Class FCS Ruler Bisonwinagn's Avatar

Can we create like 50 more threads for Furman?? Nobody cares about them!!!

AGS FCS Champion

Quote Originally Posted by FUGameBreaker View Post
    Yes there defense is good, but you do know they have not beaten a single team with a winning record right!!

Guess to dump trucked Colgate last year!

I would like to think Furman could have won, but Colgate is much better than last year and Furman isn't quite as good. Games sometimes get away from teams as well. I can think of ours against you last year as compared to this year. I think it would have at least been a competitive game had Colgate made the trip. Colgate just shut out their 5th opponent and held two others to just 3. That is 6 points allowed in 7 games. I don't care who their opponents were, that is great. The one other game they played, their opener, they allowed 17. They allowed 23 points in 8 games....... Think about that. That the game was cancelled sucks for sure, but I would happy with a no contest if I were you.
    FIRE THOSE CANNONS!

Quote Originally Posted by Go Lehigh TU owl View Post
    You better have proof of this. There was absolutely no mention of "Colgate backing out" until about two days ago. Now it's picking up legs imo to play to a certain narrative.

Not true at all, we were talking about it on the Furman board HUGE the day it happened

Quote Originally Posted by Bisonwinagn View Post
    Can we create like 50 more threads for Furman?? Nobody cares about them!!!

Furman is in contention outta nowhere man, life is good lol

Quote Originally Posted by JSUSoutherner View Post
    . Colgate would have dump trucked Furman. .
    maybe. Maybe not. But I have more proof than you it woulda gone Furmans way

The best proof we have - and I am logical and admit it's not great but it's ALL WE HAVE - is prior games including last year. Colgate has NEVER beaten Furman. NEVER. and all wins are by Furman and by 20- 30+ points, usually in New York at Colgate

here are the scores. Most relevant being last year:
    2008 Furman wins 42-21 AT Colgate. (A poor Furman team)
    2010. Furman wins 45-15 at Furman. (A poor Furman team)
    2017. Furman wins 45-14 AT Colgate. (Good Furman team with most of same guys as this year versus SAME Colgate guys !! )

Look, despite proof in my favor I admit no one knows what would have happened. No one. But it leans in Furmans favor. 3-0 and a dismantling of Colgate last year where we heard same junk before the game .. "Colgate is disciplined on D etc etc.". and then I listened to the Colgate announcers in the 2017 game - "Furmans athletes are just too fast for our league, their linebackers are way too quick compared to what we see in this conference , etc". It. Was. Funny. Like watching SEC play PAC in FBS
    the narrative of Colgate cancelling is what was always said because Furman tweeted "free tickets to our game for all hurricane evacuees ". Then Colgate said "we are going to give our rooms to hurricane evacuees". Which is very nice

Anyway, I was just asking if a 6-4 Furman team could get in... Colgate is only a part of that. Does a SoCon champ (3 or 4 way tie ) Furman get left at home?

Maybe. Just odd to tie for the League Champion of the 4th/5th best league and not make playoffs

Quote Originally Posted by gofurman View Post
    maybe. Maybe not. But I have more proof than you it woulda gone Furmans way

The best proof we have - and I am logical and admit it's not great but it's ALL WE HAVE - is prior games including last year. Colgate has NEVER beaten Furman. NEVER. and all wins are by Furman and by 20- 30+ points, usually in New York at Colgate

here are the scores. Most relevant being last year:
    2008 Furman wins 42-21 AT Colgate. (A poor Furman team)
    2010. Furman wins 45-15 at Furman. (A poor Furman team)
    2017. Furman wins 45-14 AT Colgate. (Good Furman team with most of same guys as this year versus SAME Colgate guys !! )

Look, despite proof in my favor I admit no one knows what would have happened. No one. But it leans in Furmans favor. 3-0 and a dismantling of Colgate last year where we heard same junk before the game .. "Colgate is disciplined on D etc etc.". and then I listened to the Colgate announcers in the 2017 game - "Furmans athletes are just too fast for our league, their linebackers are way too quick compared to what we see in this conference , etc". It. Was. Funny. Like watching SEC play PAC in FBS
    the narrative of Colgate cancelling is what was always said because Furman tweeted "free tickets to our game for all hurricane evacuees ". Then Colgate said "we are going to give our rooms to hurricane evacuees". Which is very nice

Exactly

I wrote off Furman last year too quickly. I ate crow then. I feel comfortable now that this time they won’t haunt me.

First, it seems like a lot of Furman people want to talk about the canceled Colgate game. Thats a fine topic of conversation/discussion. That said it has ZERO effect on the playoffs. If you’re talking about a canceled game and adding it to the team’s resume? I don’t think that looks too good.

Wofford has been relegated to a bubble team. Not taking anything away from FU. The ‘Dins played great football. Good game plan and the offense finally stepped up to the plate. But Ls against Samford and ETSU mean trouble. And Elon showed what a perceived seed team would do to Furman, despite the qb situation the Paladins had at the time. You have to make the most of what you’ve got. And Furman is 1-3 against playoff/bubble teams.

No, I don’t think a 6-4 Furman team gets in. Probably wrong though.