Page 2 of 21 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
    AGS FCS Champion

Re: Southern Conference Week 11 Power Rankings/Pick 'Em

Quote Originally Posted by FUGameBreaker View Post
    Its between those 3 teams, to see who preformed better between those 3 against each other to decide the tie

Furman has given up 46

Wofford has given up 51

ETSU has given up 57
    Lets stick to one thread, I gave yet another explanation and it may very well be, at least, only conf games, but I don't see how it can be only between the games of tied teams when it does not say that.
    FIRE THOSE CANNONS!

Quote Originally Posted by ElCid View Post
    Lets stick to one thread, I gave yet another explanation and it may very well be, at least, only conf games, but I don't see how it can be only between the games of tied teams when it does not say that.

Other thread it is

I know its a 4 quarter game a rightfully so, but I think the future is bright in Greenville, we need a few more weapons and a bit more depth but we are close

Furman has had at least 2 score 2nd half leads in every SoCon game this year so far

In 2nd half of 6 SoCon games:
    Lead ETSU 27-6
    Lead WCU 38-17
    Lead Wofford 34-14
    Lead Samford 19-10 (and driving before long fumble TD return for sammy)
    Lead Citadel 28-17
    Lead UTC 16-3

Sorry I know I am tooting our own horn, but I am happy to be encouraged again now after being down about us early in the year

AGS President of the Confederate States of America citdog's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by FUGameBreaker View Post
    I know its a 4 quarter game a rightfully so, but I think the future is bright in Greenville, we need a few more weapons and a bit more depth but we are close

Furman has had at least 2 score 2nd half leads in every SoCon game this year so far

In 2nd half of 6 SoCon games:
    Lead ETSU 27-6
    Lead WCU 38-17
    Lead Wofford 34-14
    Lead Samford 19-10 (and driving before long fumble TD return for sammy)
    Lead Citadel 28-17
    Lead UTC 16-3

Sorry I know I am tooting our own horn, but I am happy to be encouraged again now after being down about us early in the year
    I KNOW honesty is not very important to you Southern Baptists because if it was you couldn't believe the outrageous lies that your religious beliefs require you to but the above is just paladin****..

Quote Originally Posted by citdog View Post
    I KNOW honesty is not very important to you Southern Baptists because if it was you couldn't believe the outrageous lies that your religious beliefs require you to but the above is just paladin****..

Not at all, its a good sign things are going in a positive direction, with a few more weapons we can be legit

AGS FCS Champion

We started a new QB today. It was like night and day. Not that our previous was bad, but the new starter (last year's starting B-Back) seemed to be able to run much harder and it showed. Had we used him previously I think the outcome of at least a couple games might have been different. But I am not sure if the success was due to just the change or WCU's not too difficult defense. I think it is probably somewhere in between the two. Not sure if we start him again next week or go with our regular. Apparently our starter was suspended for the game along with a couple other of our starting backs. So we had some youth out there today. But they rushed for 421 yards even with 5 fumbles. Bodes well in any event.

Samford will be tough but doable if we can contain Hodges. Our D stepped up in the second half big time against WCU as well. 8 second half drives by WCU ended with 4 punts (2 blocked), 2 forced fumbles, an INT, and turnover on downs. Also had 5 sacks. That is turning things around on D for sure. Especially considering how prolific their O is. We did give up some big plays though in the first half and that worries me against Samford. At least we have them at home.
    FIRE THOSE CANNONS!

AGS FCS Champion

Chattanooga
    Furman
    The Citadel (shootout)
    Wofford
    Tim Murphy Retirement Watch: now ongoing ... so that Harvard football will move toward relevance again.

In the meantime, I will cheer for Stony Brook and ETSU besides the Crimson.

AGS President of the Confederate States of America citdog's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ElCid View Post
    We started a new QB today. It was like night and day. Not that our previous was bad, but the new starter (last year's starting B-Back) seemed to be able to run much harder and it showed. Had we used him previously I think the outcome of at least a couple games might have been different. But I am not sure if the success was due to just the change or WCU's not too difficult defense. I think it is probably somewhere in between the two. Not sure if we start him again next week or go with our regular. Apparently our starter was suspended for the game along with a couple other of our starting backs. So we had some youth out there today. But they rushed for 421 yards even with 5 fumbles. Bodes well in any event.

Samford will be tough but doable if we can contain Hodges. Our D stepped up in the second half big time against WCU as well. 8 second half drives by WCU ended with 4 punts (2 blocked), 2 forced fumbles, an INT, and turnover on downs. Also had 5 sacks. That is turning things around on D for sure. Especially considering how prolific their O is. We did give up some big plays though in the first half and that worries me against Samford. At least we have them at home.
    The D line was fantastic in the 2nd half. #10 checked out weeks ago and Rainey runs MAD. I'd play Rainey next week and then throw #10 at 'Bama and let him get beat up. Bring Rainey back against ladson northern.
    http://i.imgur.com/dx6VTu8.gif The Army of Northern Virginia was never defeated. It merely wore itself out whipping the enemy.
    Jubal Early Maj Genl
    Confederate States of America
    Tiocfaidh ár lá

Well, I'd say my mocs are pretty much toast. Definitely saw some improvement this year. Some positives to take away, but overall cant say there is much confidence that we can beat Furman and maybe a few other conference opponents the way things look right now. I hope Arth is recruiting his ass off.

Quote Originally Posted by citdog View Post
    The D line was fantastic in the 2nd half. #10 checked out weeks ago and Rainey runs MAD. I'd play Rainey next week and then throw #10 at 'Bama and let him get beat up. Bring Rainey back against ladson northern.
    Watching the first half, I feared that Citadel was destined for packing up their tent early like last year. Good to see them fight back and win on the road.
    FU all the time.

"The game we know and love literally grew up in the Southern Conference. To find the foundation for ACC and SEC football, you have to go the league’s roots. To find an appreciation for a brand of football often-overlooked and seldom-appreciated, we as fans should do the same."