View Poll Results: What is your AGS GOTW (Week 7)?

Voters
60. You may not vote on this poll
  • Idaho State @ UC-Davis

29 48.33%
  • Eastern Washington @ Weber State

7 11.67%
  • East Tennessee State @ Citadel

2 3.33%
  • Elon @ Delaware

7 11.67%
  • Maine @ Rhode Island

11 18.33%
  • James Madison @ Villanova

0 0%
  • Florida A&M @ North Carolina A&T

1 1.67%
  • Northern Iowa @ South Dakota

1 1.67%
  • Other

2 3.33%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Top FCS Advocate Preferred Walk-On's Avatar

2018-10/13 AGS GOTW Week 7

Idaho State @ UC-Davis - Battle between two unexpected top teams in the Big Sky, who both took care of business in week 6.

Eastern Washington @ Weber State - Looked to be a battle between the two expected top teams in the Big Sky; however, Weber State looks to rebound after a loss to Northern Arizona in week 6.

East Tennessee State @ Citadel - The Citadel has played Wofford, Chattanooga, and Towson and provides a national barometer for the upstart East Tennessee State team, which is receiving recognition from AGS voters, and by the way, is also a Southern Conference co-leader.

Elon @ Delaware - A test to see how Elon responds after a huge win, as well as to provide a crude head-to-head comparison with NDSU through a common opponent.

Maine @ Rhode Island - Both have been surprise early CAA darlings, and both are looking to be considered "contender" not "pretender". This game is especially important for either team to stay in contention for the CAA title, as both are undefeated in conference play.

James Madison @ Villanova - This game is more about the rebound for James Madison than the matchup against Villanova, after they dropped to 0-3 in the CAA.

Florida A&M @ North Carolina A&T - Battle between the two top teams in the MEAC.

Northern Iowa @ South Dakota - South Dakota is 2-0 in conference, and Northern Iowa played with NDSU for three quarters. Northern Iowa is in their "Dakota" (NDSU, USD, SDSU) stretch and can really only lose two games in this stretch to still be considered for the playoff eligible (7 DI wins). Thus, it looks like @ South Dakota is likely a must-win game for Northern Iowa.

Re: 2018-10/13 AGS GOTW Week 7

Where's the actual poll?

Top FCS Advocate Preferred Walk-On's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by hoidOfYolen View Post
    Where's the actual poll?
    Should be visible. If not, I'll need a little help here.

Quote Originally Posted by Preferred Walk-On View Post
    Should be visible. If not, I'll need a little help here.
    Ah, I see it now. Must have just had to come out and back in.

I'd say this week is a close one between Idaho St-UC Davis and Maine-Rhode Island. Both games have the potential to decide if teams get a seed in the playoffs. I picked Idaho St-UC Davis.

I voted for the Citadel against ETSU because it was the matchup I'm most familiar with.

But also, it's a huge barometer game. It's ETSU's first road test of the year against a team that runs the ball better than any team they've played thus far. The Citadel may be a .500 team this year, losing close ones to stiff competition. If ETSU wins it, they deserve a ranking and Wofford/ETSU may be the game of the week next week if the Terriers take care of business in Greenville.

Meanwhile, The Citadel can make a statement with a win against ETSU, that statement being "We're STILL here." It's unlikely they'll make the playoffs with the CSU game canceled, but they can call it to question if they win out (sans Bama) and finish 6-4.

Went with ISU-Davis due to both being surprises and potentially having a big impact on how the Big Sky shakes out (hard to imagine the winner possibly being alone at the top of the conference after SEVEN WEEKS if EWU falls to BBQ). Also find out if both are for real, pretenders or one of each.
    MplsBison - "There is no link to provide. I don't have the time to do all the research that would be needed to fully prove my point, but I know I'm correct."

Side bar: who voted for other, but didn't say what the game(s) is/are they think is GOTW? I thought that's what the "other" choice represented?
    MplsBison - "There is no link to provide. I don't have the time to do all the research that would be needed to fully prove my point, but I know I'm correct."

Lots of good ones this weekend. Idaho St/UCDavis, USD/UNI, EWU/Weber, all big games. But I think Maine at Rhode Island takes the GOTW. Kind of an elimination game and definitely a barometer on the national level. We’re starting to see who is real and who isn’t in the CAA.

Davis and ISU. Both trending way up this year, score a ton of points. Gonna watch that one fosho.