Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Princeton 66, Lehigh 7

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    My Team
    Colgate

Princeton 66, Lehigh 7

Sat behind the Lehigh bench with some Princeton grads and several Lehigh alums from the Dunlap days. Not at all what I (or they) expected.

Princeton has a fine team, but Lehigh, despite some clear talent, looked unprepared, out of sync and flat. A long way from even a few years ago.

No matter who a team schedules, they need to be ready to play - and to believe they have a chance to play the way they are capable. That is a matter of good coaching and administration.

IMO, Coen is not up to the job. Furthermore, Sterrett deserves criticism for hanging on to him. Like Frank McLaughlin at Fordham, he may have stayed too long.

Just my two cents. I know the Engineers will be tough for Colgate - they always are - but it will be because of the talent of the players and not the coaches.
    Last edited by Go...gate; October 7th, 2018 at 02:29 AM.

First Class FCS Ruler ColgateTD's Avatar

Re: Princeton 66, Lehigh 7

Many LU alums/followers have been echoing your feelings on here for the past several years. Coen should have been gone a few years back. Seems like he's getting worse results every year. You can't be competitive in the PL - or elsewhere - with non-existent preparation. Looks like it will be Princeton vs Dartmouth in the final game of the year for the Ivy crown.
    2003 NCAA Finalist

Quote Originally Posted by ColgateTD View Post
    Looks like it will be Princeton vs Dartmouth in the final game of the year for the Ivy crown.
    Schedule has changed. P-D is now early November.

Otherwise, I agree. If transitive scores have any meaning, then the P-D winner should go 10-0 and the loser should go 9-1.

(Of course, there are reasons why we actually play the games).

And with JMU losing, the P-D winner should be in good position for the Lambert Cup.

First Class FCS Ruler ColgateTD's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Go Green View Post
    Schedule has changed. P-D is now early November.

Otherwise, I agree. If transitive scores have any meaning, then the P-D winner should go 10-0 and the loser should go 9-1.
    Sorry Go Green. Back in the day I grew up going to Palmer Stadium for the P-D game every year, tailgating, and enjoying what was (usually) a league winning game for the guys in Orange. It was the Dick Kazmaier (sp?) era afterall... My uncle was a Dartmouth alum and sometimes went home dejected as hell.
    2003 NCAA Finalist

Quote Originally Posted by ColgateTD View Post
    Sorry Go Green. Back in the day I grew up going to Palmer Stadium for the P-D game every year, tailgating, and enjoying what was (usually) a league winning game for the guys in Orange. It was the Dick Kazmaier (sp?) era afterall... My uncle was a Dartmouth alum and sometimes went home dejected as hell.
    God almighty, how old are you? Kazmaier was Princeton class of ‘52, same as my FIL.
    Harvard 2023: Back in the saddle again! A bit crowded, though.

My Team
    Colgate

Quote Originally Posted by Ivytalk View Post
    God almighty, how old are you? Kazmaier was Princeton class of ‘52, same as my FIL.
    A member of the Princeton Class of 1953 was part of our group today. That class lost two games in four years.
    Last edited by Go...gate; October 7th, 2018 at 02:30 AM.

My Team
    Colgate

Still a lot of football to be played. Brown visits Powers Field next week.

My Team
    Lehigh

Quote Originally Posted by Go...gate View Post
    Sat behind the Lehigh bench with several friends who are Lehigh grads from the Dunlap days. Not at all what I (or they) expected.

Princeton has a fine team, but Lehigh, despite some clear talent, looked unprepared, out of sync and flat. A long way from even a few years ago.

No matter who a team schedules, they need to be ready to play - and to believe they have a chance to play the way they are capable. That is a matter of good coaching and administration.

IMO, Coen is not up to the job. Furthermore, Sterrett deserves criticism for hanging on to him. Like Frank McLaughlin at Fordham, he may have stayed too long.

Just my two cents. I know the Engineers will be tough for Colgate - they always are - but it will be because of the talent of the players and not the coaches.
    Sat behind the team as well. Pretty close to Sterrett. Kids just aren't playing for him anymore and I didn't see him speak once during the game. Tough spot for the program. Decisions need to be made.

AGS FCS Champion

Quote Originally Posted by Lehigh'98 View Post
    Sat behind the team as well. Pretty close to Sterrett. Kids just aren't playing for him anymore and I didn't see him speak once during the game. Tough spot for the program. Decisions need to be made.
    I have been slow to pull the trigger on Andy. He has had some great years here. The last couple of years he seems to have removed himself to an island letting to Coordinators run the games. He used to be fiery coach and involved. Perhaps he is behind closed doors but I dont see any positive impacts. Not sure what is going on but I do know things must change. Regardless of alumni recalling days of yesteryear, this team has talent. I dont see much will though.

First Class FCS Ruler
    My Team
    Princeton

Final

Princeton - 66
    Lehigh - 7

Princeton QB John Lovett

4 TD's total

20/28 completions
    288 yards passing

12 rushes