Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Re: Fordham thus far

Ok, this uncomfortable question: is someone's job (for either team) on the line when Fordham faces Lehigh?
    Georgetown: "We play where we do not compete, and compete where we do not play."

Quote Originally Posted by DFW HOYA View Post
    Ok, this uncomfortable question: is someone's job (for either team) on the line when Fordham faces Lehigh?
    I don't think Fordham would pull the plug this fast. Hard to say with Lehigh after last week. They may let Coen try to salvage the season now that league play has begun.

Quote Originally Posted by Go...gate View Post
    I don't think Fordham would pull the plug this fast. Hard to say with Lehigh after last week. They may let Coen try to salvage the season now that league play has begun.
    Mid season would never happen with Coen. Our AD goes back too far with him. Agree on Fordham. It will be pretty uncomfortable if we lose this weekend though. Have a homecoming type game with 93/98 championship teams. If the team puts forth the same effort they did last week, things will get racheted up to a degree Lehigh hasn't seen in awhile. Fordham, somehow, looks just as bad as us this year. I'm interested to see how the players on both teams react.

On the Breast of Old South Mountain

Quote Originally Posted by Lehigh'98 View Post
    Mid season would never happen with Coen. Our AD goes back too far with him. Agree on Fordham. It will be pretty uncomfortable if we lose this weekend though. Have a homecoming type game with 93/98 championship teams. If the team puts forth the same effort they did last week, things will get racheted up to a degree Lehigh hasn't seen in awhile. Fordham, somehow, looks just as bad as us this year. I'm interested to see how the players on both teams react.
    This. This is a critical game for Lehigh. Getting blown away the second half at Penn and most the game at Princeton was ugly. We knew Princeton would beat us...but it was the way we lost that has everyone so upset. We had one of those WTF games about ten years ago with Holy Cross, where it appeared some of the players quit. The riot act was read and Coen righted the ship. However, we have not seen the 'firey' Coen for a few years and there is a lot of wondering as to what is going on. It almost appears that we are only as good as our coordinators. A loss to Fordham would be devastating for Lehigh and could result in some ultimatums. I would be shocked of any mid-season change, though. A solid performance by the Mountain Hawks with eyes on a "new season" could turn things around with a winning run heading into the big showdown with Colgate on November 10.
    LEHIGH WILL SHINE TONIGHT, LEHIGH WILL SHINE!
    Patriot League Champions: 1993, 1995, 1998, 1999, 2000, 2001, 2004, 2006, 2010, 2011, 2016, 2017
    NCAA Playoff Appearances: D-II 1973, 1975, 1977 NCAA Champions
    D-IAA 1979 (Finalist), 1980, 1998, 1999, 2000, 2001, 2004, 2010, 2011, 2016, 2017

Top FCS Advocate The Boogie Down's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DFW HOYA View Post
    No way Fordham makes a move after 6 games. Same seems true for Lehigh as well. But, as I mentioned previously, I wonder how different things would be for the Rams if they had hired Pete Lembo instead? Maybe he gets a second look after this season? Maybe Lehigh will also look to go down that road again?
    Top-20 FBS Rankings: 1935, 1936, 1937, 1938, 1939, 1940, 1941

Top-20 FCS Rankings: 2002, 2007, 2013, 2014, 2015

Quote Originally Posted by The Boogie Down View Post
    No way Fordham makes a move after 6 games. Same seems true for Lehigh as well. But, as I mentioned previously, I wonder how different things would be for the Rams if they had hired Pete Lembo instead? Maybe he gets a second look after this season? Maybe Lehigh will also look to go down that road again?
    Lembo very unlikely to come back to Lehigh or the PL. Why would he? Alumni trashed him at Lehigh. In any event even a HC makes less than he makes now.

Top FCS Advocate The Boogie Down's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RichH2 View Post
    Lembo very unlikely to come back to Lehigh or the PL. Why would he? Alumni trashed him at Lehigh. In any event even a HC makes less than he makes now.
    Didn't know about his relationship w/Lehigh alums but he did interview at Fordham last December.
    Top-20 FBS Rankings: 1935, 1936, 1937, 1938, 1939, 1940, 1941

Top-20 FCS Rankings: 2002, 2007, 2013, 2014, 2015

Didn't know about his relationship w/Lehigh alums but he did interview at Fordham last December.
    He is an excellent HC. Quite irascible tho .

First Class FCS Advocate Ramblin' Man's Avatar

Any talk or hint of a coaching change at Fordham next year is just plain silly. Touchdown17 has laid out this season's problems quite well. Clearly this is shaping up to be a very down year for the Rams. From where I sit in Section 8 at Coffey Field, I cannot see more than two wins this season, and that is probably optimistic. One win is more likely and even none is a distinct possibility. Nonetheless, Coach Conlin has to be given time to recruit the type of player suited to his system. He had good results at Yale and there is no reason to believe that he cannot do equally well at Fordham. We will be watching closely in this coming recruiting season.

On the Breast of Old South Mountain

Pistol Pete is climbing the rungs for the brass ring of being an FBS HC. Now at Rice as Asst. HC, having done the same gig at Maryland for two years after being HC at Ball State. Pete would not have stayed at Fordham. He may have gotten some momentum going, but he would be gone in a few years in seach of the holy brass ring.
    LEHIGH WILL SHINE TONIGHT, LEHIGH WILL SHINE!
    Patriot League Champions: 1993, 1995, 1998, 1999, 2000, 2001, 2004, 2006, 2010, 2011, 2016, 2017
    NCAA Playoff Appearances: D-II 1973, 1975, 1977 NCAA Champions
    D-IAA 1979 (Finalist), 1980, 1998, 1999, 2000, 2001, 2004, 2010, 2011, 2016, 2017