Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Re: Davidson 91, Guilford College 61

Thanks Go... Davidson certainly an entertaining team. Saw a bunch of clips from that game. Speed kills. No matter what level. Nice to see a PL alum succeeding.

Davidson is a former Colgate and Princeton opponent. I always follow them and root for their success.

Master FCS Advocate andthehomeofthe-BIZON-'s Avatar

Tackling must be hard......

First Class FCS Advocate GreenGlasses's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Model Citizen View Post
    The program has far to go, but coach Abell is the right man to turn Davidson around.
    Quote Originally Posted by kdinva View Post
    agree 120%.........he took Wash. and Lee from 2nd division to some ODAC championships.......using a variation of the Erk Russell/Paul Johnson option....
    You 2 have to be joking. Davidson should have just dropped football in the mid 80s, the time frame in which they left the SoCon, and then beg the SoCon to keep them. The NCAA basically had to make a rule because Davison, in the early 90s tried and even for a few years put their football in DII and stayed DI in everything else. Had that not been stopped I could see 2-3 conference like that right now. And no one will ever turn Davidson around they are who they are, just like VMI.
    I like good football anywhere....Except I don't watch any Power 5 games at all.

Defense was optional I see

Quote Originally Posted by GreenGlasses View Post
    The NCAA basically had to make a rule because Davison, in the early 90s tried and even for a few years put their football in DII and stayed DI in everything else.
    Wrong "D".

http://articles.latimes.com/1989-11-..._1_division-ii
    Georgetown: "We play where we do not compete, and compete where we do not play."

You 2 have to be joking. Davidson should have just dropped football in the mid 80s, the time frame in which they left the SoCon, and then beg the SoCon to keep them. The NCAA basically had to make a rule because Davison, in the early 90s tried and even for a few years put their football in DII and stayed DI in everything else. Had that not been stopped I could see 2-3 conference like that right now. And no one will ever turn Davidson around they are who they are, just like VMI.
    I donít have skin in the game here however, if youíre going to talk some **** at least get it right. While Davidson may have been one of The schools abusing their status, the rule you speak of was mainly due to Daytonís gamesmanship. Itís why the rule is called the Dayton Rule.

First Class FCS Ruler KnightoftheRedFlash's Avatar

General Neyland is probably rolling around in his grave after seeing this score.
    Red Flash and Army fan.

First Class FCS Advocate lknspider's Avatar

Comparing Davidson to VMI is just crazy! Never did understand why any football player would go to VMI ....but Davidson, I have known athletes that would not only pay the tuition but do anything to play for Davidson. It has been a football coaching dilemma at Davidson for many years, Coach Abell is a high quality person and coach. The school's President is a strong advocate of all Davidson athletics. It would be great to see them return to scholarship football. Keep an eye on Coach Abell....he will be moving up in FCS!!

Quote Originally Posted by lknspider View Post
    Comparing Davidson to VMI is just crazy! Never did understand why any football player would go to VMI ....but Davidson, I have known athletes that would not only pay the tuition but do anything to play for Davidson.
    By their record of late, there aren't enough of them.
    Georgetown: "We play where we do not compete, and compete where we do not play."