Thread: Big Sky Predictions 9-15

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    AGS FCS Expert

Big Sky Predictions 9-15

Final weekend of non-conference action for most schools in the Big Sky before conference play starts next week. The conference is not taking this week lightly as four teams are venturing in to Pac-12 territory and three are playing the Missouri Valley, while only one is dropping down a level. Idaho drew the short stick this weekend and will be sitting this out. After last week, I am at 19-4 for the year, aiming for perfection this week before conference play.

Brown at CP---What can Brown do for you? In the case of the Mustangs, they are hoping for an easy time against the Bears after staring out against two formidable opponents in the FCS, North Dakota State and Weber State. An Ivy League team coming out west and the Mustangs should have little problem...CP 34, Brown 13.

EWU at Washington State---The Eagles are known to be some heavy hitters, especially against the FBS, but this is the only chance they have this year. They definitely won't be overlooked as they knocked off Wazzu back in 2016. This may be a great chance for an upset, but depth will win in the end...Washington State 41, EWU 38.

ISU at California---The Bengals had two weeks to prepare for this game, stepping up to the Pac-12 level and heading out on the road. They got a win over an FBS opponent last year, but they will soon see the difference between the Pac-12 and the Mountain West...California 42, ISU 14.

UM at Western Illinois---After two impressive wins, the Grizzlies hit the road for the first time, playing a Missouri Valley team that gave Montana State fits two weeks ago. But, nothing to indicate the Grizzly train is slowing down any time soon...UM 31, Western Illinois 24.

Wagner at MSU---After last week's road loss, the Bobcats welcome an unusual opponent as Wagner comes in from the NYC area, something that isn't seen too often in Big Sky country. Hopefully, the Bobcats are good hosts but in the end...MSU 28, Wagner 14.

NAU at Missouri State---The Lumberjacks took one on the chin in a big conference matchup, and now they get to enter into Missouri Valley territory. With or without their injured quarterback, there should still be enough here to come back with a win...NAU 35, Missouri State 27.

College of Idaho at PSU---The Vikings don't need to be reminded that they haven't won a game since 2016. They also haven't played a lower level team since 2016. This should be a good opportunity for them to get a win, then talk about when can they get a conference win...PSU 35, College of Idaho 7.

SAC at UNC---Another non-conference, conference game pitting two conference teams. The Bears have been competing against some tough opponents but have not been able to get some wins. The Hornets only have been able to beat the NAIA, although a good showing last week still resulted in a loss...SAC 28, UNC 21.

SUU at Arizona---The Thunderbirds look good on paper but so far have not lived up to their expectation. If they can play to their ability they can shine. If they can play to their ability, they could get an upset over reeling Arizona. This could be a game, but...Arizona 38, SUU 24.

UCD at Stanford---The Aggies are good and have surprised a lot of people in this short season so far. They already have one win over an FBS opponent and would love to get another, especially against the hated Stanford team. But, it is Stanford...Stanford 48, UCD 24.

South Dakota at WSU---One of the better games featuring a conference team, the Wildcats play their home opener against a strong team from the Missouri Valley, who already has a good win over the Big Sky. A Wildcat win could put them back near the top...WSU 24, South Dakota 20.

AGS FCS Champion
    My Team
    Harvard, ETSU, St. Thomas, UC Davis, Chicago, MIT

Re: Big Sky Predictions 9-15

CP
    Wazzu
    Berkeley
    Griz
    Montana State
    NAU
    Portland State
    Sacramento State
    Arizona
    Stanford
    Weber State
    Will FCS football survive the mess created by the NIL saga?

---
    AGS Countdown Maven since 2019
    AGS Schedule Maven since 2022

AGS FCS Master
    My Team
    Montana

Friday

Brown 14-31 Cal PolyBad Big Sky team hosts the worst Ivy League team

Saturday

EWU 20-35 WazzuCougs get revenge… probably

CoI 20-42 Portland St.Barney Ball's final win?

Davis 9-38 StanfordBryce Love is out, but that's not nearly enough to change the outcome

Idaho St. 14-38 CalDespite Beau Baldwin's presence, offense hasn't been Cal's strength

Suutah 20-51 ArizonaPac-12 disappointment vs. Big Sky disappointment

SoDak 21-27 WeberSouth Dakota's weak special teams could cost them

NAU 35-28 Missouri St. — Whether it's Cookus or Bridge-Gadd, Missouri State's defense is bad

Montana 20-30 WillynoisThe "Jury's Still Out" Bowl

Wagner 17-30 Montana St.This one won't be pretty, but the Bobcats will win

Sac 38-28 NoCo — The Hornets should feel at home with 94˚ weather in Greeley this weekend

NoDak 28-44 Sam HoustonThe Bearkat run D is vulnerable, but the NoDak pass D might be more vulnerable

My Team
    Montana State

Brown 10 at CP 24---CP should get this W

EWU 20 at Washington State 42---The Cougars are better then 2016

ISU 13 at California 55---I would imagine Cal is better than Washington state and ISU is worse than EWU.

UM 28 at Western Illinois 27--- WI is going to be a very hungry team playing at home. The griz are starting to roll and and playing fairly well.

Wagner 17 at MSU 28---MSU has been struggling. Wagner has a third less schollies.

NAU 32 at Missouri State 25--- Misery State is the worst team in the Misery Valley. NAU is at worst a middle of the road Big Sky team.

College of Idaho 10 at PSU 38---At this point PSU will take any win.

SAC 32 at UNC 30---This game should be interesting and may be close. Who plays the best in the 4th quarter?

SUU 22 at Arizona 44---Arizona should take the W

UCD 32 at Stanford 45---Standford is a traditional power in the Pac 12. UCD may give them a scare for the first 2.5 quarters.

South Dakota 25 at WSU 28---This should be a quality matchup. Two good teams from different conferences. I pick the home team to win by 3.

AGS FCS Expert Screamin_Eagle174's Avatar
    My Team
    Eastern Washington

Quote Originally Posted by wapiti View Post

EWU 20 at Washington State 42---The Cougars are better then 2016
    No they aren't. They're picked middle to last in the Pac-12 North. 2016 WSU went 7-2 in the Pac-12, and 8-5 overall.

But we definitely won't catch them sleeping. Should be an interesting game.
    2010 Bill Fette Bowl Champions
    2010 National Champions

My Team
    Montana

I think this could be the first game that Bobbys amazing special teams coaching gets us a win.....I look for a big punt or kickoff return to win us this game.

WIU is a good team, hungry for a win, and its their home opener. Look for a Bobby Ball miracle.

UM-27 WI-20

Cal Poly
    Eastern Washington
    California
    Montana
    Montana State
    Northern Arizona
    Portland State
    Sacramento State
    Arizona
    Stanford
    South Dakota
    Idaho * Portland State * Cal State-Fullerton * Eastern Washington * Nevada * Delaware * Southern Utah * Youngstown State * Hofstra * Montana State * North Dakota State * Western Illinois * Cal Poly * Massachusetts * Wofford * Northern Arizona * Coastal Carolina * Weber State * UC Davis *
    ...the only visiting teams to win in Washington-Grizzly Stadium

UofMMan1122: "We are officially the most badass state in the union. "

Top FCS Advocate
    My Team
    Eastern Washington

Brown 14 at CP 31

EWU 28 at Washington State 37---It hurts me to make this selection. Is possible that we can beat them but the odds are not there.

ISU 10 at California 48- Cal Big
    UM 28 at Western Illinois 21--- Griz have some weak spots but I think the'll win this one

Wagner 13 at MSU 36--MSU fests on Wagner.

NAU 40 at Missouri State 17--- I think NAU recovers from last week. Like that new QB.

College of Idaho 14 at PSU 38---PSU gets a win

SAC 32 at UNC 24--I like Sac.
    SUU 21 at Arizona 48--

UCD 21 at Stanford 42--I really like Davis in the Sky but this is a really strong Standford.

South Dakota 24 at WSU 21---Good game. I don't think Weber is up to the task

My Team
    Montana

Brown v Cal Poly - After a decent tangle with Weber, Poly gets one at home, hopefully Brown provides something for Poly to build on. Poly 32 Brown 14

EWU v Wazzu - Tempted to take EWU here, they look good in the pass and they look to have a real run game this year. This isn't the best Washington State has been either sooo..... shoot maybe I will take Edub, in a close one. EWU 38 Wazzu 37

Idaho St. v Cal - Don't have much to go on about Idaho St. other than it's going to be a long season after a week 2 bye. That long season starts in earnest with this beat down. Idaho St. 9 Cal 48

Wagner v Montana St - I am curious to see what the Bobcats are able to throw together this week and what and how much of a role Andersen has in it. A good time to try out the young qb if they need to. Wagner 14 MSU 28

NAU v Missouri St - I'd bet NAU has confidence in their backup Washington transfer qb if the "game time decision" isn't in favor of Cookus. He's probably had a week with the number 1's and should be primed to go. And its Missouri State. But NAU always drops a surprise game or two every season.
    NAU 35 Missouri St 24

Montana v Western Illinois - I think Montana has the talent to take down the Leathernecks. They have sprinkled it throughout their two wins. They've looked really good for stretches at a time. I would love to see some more consistency out of them and they would be a great team. That defense looks a little green at times but overall they look really good. Western Illinois didn't handle the running quarterback at MSU and thats what Snead likes to do a little too much. They also forgot to bring their A game to Illinois last week. I don't think we've seen the best out of the Leathernecks yet. But if we have it'll be a long day. WIU 28 UM 26

C. of I. v PSU - I'm sure the Vikings are really gonna get going off of this springboard. Nice work scheduling an NAIA. Still I wouldn't be entirely surprised if they lost. CI 12 PSU 24

Sac St. v Northern Colorado - I think Sac looked pretty good last week in their loss to San Diego State, they might have some defense this year. This game should serve as a good measuring stick for both teams as the Bears don't look great this year but they aren't a pushover and have some fight.
    Sac 28 NoCo 21

Southern Utah v Arizona - Tough start to the year for the T-birds, but it looks like they will go into the Big Sky 0-3 this season. Could be a good time to catch Arizona as a team in transition for a strong FCS team, just don't think that is Southern Utah this year. Not yet anyway. SUU 14 AZ 48

Cal Davis v Stanford - Stanford doesn't want to be caught sleepwalking into this game and I don't think they will, but I bet Davis continues to creatively find ways to score without using Doss. Stanford won't care though and probably takes care of business. UCD 17 Stanford 34

USD v Weber - I love this matchup. South Dakota is going to continue to show they have moved on without Streveler. Weber has the defense to matchup with South Dakota, but I don't think they have figured out their offense yet. USD 28 Weber 19

AGS FCS Expert

Quote Originally Posted by JALMOND View Post
    Final weekend of non-conference action for most schools in the Big Sky before conference play starts next week. The conference is not taking this week lightly as four teams are venturing in to Pac-12 territory and three are playing the Missouri Valley, while only one is dropping down a level. Idaho drew the short stick this weekend and will be sitting this out. After last week, I am at 19-4 for the year, aiming for perfection this week before conference play.

Brown at CP---What can Brown do for you? In the case of the Mustangs, they are hoping for an easy time against the Bears after staring out against two formidable opponents in the FCS, North Dakota State and Weber State. An Ivy League team coming out west and the Mustangs should have little problem...CP 34, Brown 13.

EWU at Washington State---The Eagles are known to be some heavy hitters, especially against the FBS, but this is the only chance they have this year. They definitely won't be overlooked as they knocked off Wazzu back in 2016. This may be a great chance for an upset, but depth will win in the end...Washington State 41, EWU 38.

ISU at California---The Bengals had two weeks to prepare for this game, stepping up to the Pac-12 level and heading out on the road. They got a win over an FBS opponent last year, but they will soon see the difference between the Pac-12 and the Mountain West...California 42, ISU 14.

UM at Western Illinois---After two impressive wins, the Grizzlies hit the road for the first time, playing a Missouri Valley team that gave Montana State fits two weeks ago. But, nothing to indicate the Grizzly train is slowing down any time soon...UM 31, Western Illinois 24.

Wagner at MSU---After last week's road loss, the Bobcats welcome an unusual opponent as Wagner comes in from the NYC area, something that isn't seen too often in Big Sky country. Hopefully, the Bobcats are good hosts but in the end...MSU 28, Wagner 14.

NAU at Missouri State---The Lumberjacks took one on the chin in a big conference matchup, and now they get to enter into Missouri Valley territory. With or without their injured quarterback, there should still be enough here to come back with a win...NAU 35, Missouri State 27.

College of Idaho at PSU---The Vikings don't need to be reminded that they haven't won a game since 2016. They also haven't played a lower level team since 2016. This should be a good opportunity for them to get a win, then talk about when can they get a conference win...PSU 35, College of Idaho 7.

SAC at UNC---Another non-conference, conference game pitting two conference teams. The Bears have been competing against some tough opponents but have not been able to get some wins. The Hornets only have been able to beat the NAIA, although a good showing last week still resulted in a loss...SAC 28, UNC 21.

SUU at Arizona---The Thunderbirds look good on paper but so far have not lived up to their expectation. If they can play to their ability they can shine. If they can play to their ability, they could get an upset over reeling Arizona. This could be a game, but...Arizona 38, SUU 24.

UCD at Stanford---The Aggies are good and have surprised a lot of people in this short season so far. They already have one win over an FBS opponent and would love to get another, especially against the hated Stanford team. But, it is Stanford...Stanford 48, UCD 24.

South Dakota at WSU---One of the better games featuring a conference team, the Wildcats play their home opener against a strong team from the Missouri Valley, who already has a good win over the Big Sky. A Wildcat win could put them back near the top...WSU 24, South Dakota 20.
    9-2 this week. I took the conference in a sweep over the Valley schools and we went 1-2 this week. 28-6 overall. Conference play next week.