Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Re: Princeton @ Butler 9/15

Quote Originally Posted by Evolution Prime View Post
    I didn't know the Ivies had such a distaste for scholarship football they would risk loosing traditional and local rivalries.
    This year, I don't think we're missing much. The Patriot League is currently 4-10 this year, And they could be 4-16 after Saturday (assuming Colgate-Furman gets canceled).

The PFL is 10-7 thus far.

Quote Originally Posted by Go Green View Post
    This year, I don't think we're missing much. The Patriot League is currently 4-10 this year, And they could be 4-16 after Saturday (assuming Colgate-Furman gets canceled).

The PFL is 10-7 thus far.
    This is true. We currently aren’t that good. Still, historically the top of the PL vs top Ivy makes for some really good FCS games. Some of those were very long standing rivalries. No reason to give that up.

Quote Originally Posted by Lehigh'98 View Post
    This is true. We currently aren’t that good. Still, historically the top of the PL vs top Ivy makes for some really good FCS games. Some of those were very long standing rivalries. No reason to give that up.
    +1

Quote Originally Posted by bonarae View Post

As for "going the route of Harvard", I am afraid Murphy set the trend for the other Ivies to follow several years back, which I don't like at all.
    Yale has been following a different path in OOC scheduling. Besides scheduling Army Yale attempted to schedule UConn, but their overture was rebuffed. They have continued to schedule the best of the Patriot League, as well as CAA and Southern Conference opponents.

AGS FCS Champion

Quote Originally Posted by Evolution Prime View Post
    I didn't know the Ivies had such a distaste for scholarship football they would risk loosing traditional and local rivalries.
    The question is, are they going to reverse this within our lifetimes? They should realize that some of their traditional rivalries have gone down the drain due to the P5 conferences' greed as well as their usual regional opponents dropping football for good.

Now they should find new scholarship football opponents (i.e. south of the Potomac and west of the Alleghenies) to possibly diversify Ivy football recruiting bases. Else, they should go NESCAC - style and I'll be a bandwagon fan for good.
    Tim Murphy Retirement Watch: now ongoing ... so that Harvard football will move toward relevance again.

In the meantime, I will cheer for Stony Brook and ETSU besides the Crimson.

AGS FCS Champion

Quote Originally Posted by Son of Eli View Post
    Yale has been following a different path in OOC scheduling. Besides scheduling Army Yale attempted to schedule UConn, but their overture was rebuffed. They have continued to schedule the best of the Patriot League, as well as CAA and Southern Conference opponents.
    Question is, can Yale schedule HBCU, MVFC, Big Sky (besides Cal Poly), Big South, OVC and SLC teams? That way, they are going to show the rest of the nation that Ivy football still exists, despite on a lower division.
    Tim Murphy Retirement Watch: now ongoing ... so that Harvard football will move toward relevance again.

In the meantime, I will cheer for Stony Brook and ETSU besides the Crimson.

Quote Originally Posted by bonarae View Post
    Question is, can Yale schedule HBCU, MVFC, Big Sky (besides Cal Poly), Big South, OVC and SLC teams? That way, they are going to show the rest of the nation that Ivy football still exists, despite on a lower division.

Hope for Yale vs Georgia in 2029 to celebrate the 100th anniversary of Sanford Stadium. The nation will then be reminded of Yale’s prominent place in football history, and at the same time be reminded that they still have a football team.

https://video.search.yahoo.com/video...=ipad&tt=b

Quote Originally Posted by Son of Eli View Post
    You guys still play Colgate, and it is greatly appreciated on our end.

Dartmouth's future OOC opponents include Colgate, UNH, Towson, Army, and various PFL teams

We do have an opening in 2022. Maybe Merrimack?

First Class FCS Ruler

and now this is the first year in 300 years that neither Yale or Harvard will play at Princeton...usually designated as the "Homecoming Game"...this fall it will be Brown, yes Brown