Quote Originally Posted by Son of Eli View Post
Out of curiosity, would CCSU travel well for such a game? What do your think the attendance would be? Would such a game draw better than say, Sacred Heart?

i really want Yale to schedule teams that can boost attendance. The Bowl looks every empty with 7,000 fans. Not many options out there that can draw 15,000. Maybe James Madison and Delaware.
I think we'd absolutely travel a lot better than most FCS teams could. CCSU has about 65,000 alumni and approx. 85% are in Connecticut, so we certainly are one of the best positioned FCS teams in the area. I'd have to think we'd bring as many and likely more fans than Maine or Mercer will this season.

If properly promoted by CCSU and the local media (which it will be), I would expect a very good turnout by students, family, and alumni. I don't think we could match the attendance of UConn in the 1980-90s, but I think we would draw a very good crowd and the vibe would be somewhat similar State U. vs. Ivy. We just got over 5k for our home opener against an unknown D-II last week, so I'd imagine we'd get about the same number to for a 30 mile drive for a game in the historic Yale Bowl.