Quote Originally Posted by Go Lehigh TU owl View Post
Exactly! I get the experience aspect from a players standpoint. No one can argue a game at West Point, Annapolis or the Carrier Dome is more exciting than a game at Goodman Stadium, Andy Kerr or even the Tub at this point. For the players it has to be a helluva lot cooler. As a fan it certainly is! Hell, the college football junkie in me took me to Ann Arbor Michigan this past weekend just so I could check The Big House off my bucket list. My whole point is given the self imposed restrictions these kids have no real chance to be competitive with decent FBS teams. I don't care what anyone on here says, to a man no one likes losing 64-6, 62-7, 51-21 and 62-14.

Has a PL team ever beaten a FBS opponent with a winning record?

I've never been opposed to scheduling FBS games as whole. I've been extremely consistent on my stance. I liked HC-UConn and Colgate-Buffalo last year, Fordham-Charlotte this season and Fordham-Ohio in the near future. I said before the season started in another thread that I would have loved for Lehigh to play Rutgers this year instead of Navy! My point all along has been schedule within your means as PL programs. The league is struggling to compete with much of FCS right now. The OOC record the last 2-3 years clearly indicates that. To me the priority has be trying to improve the league relative to the rest of FCS. What can be done to overcome hurdles? Is it even feasible as a new decade dawns to be competitive with the top of FCS?
See my post above. Don't know how much you heard about Rutgers - Kansas, but it made Lehigh - Navy look like the Rose Bowl. The Engineers, Crusaders or Red Raiders could have given RU a competitive game last Saturday.