Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    First Class FCS Ruler The Yo Show's Avatar

Re: Valpo vs YSU - Winless warriors battle

The cliff notes, "The incident in question, according to the report, occurred on April 7th in Canfield.

According to a police report from that date, McNutt arrived at the home of his estranged wife to pick up children from the home.

The report says the wife told officers that McNutt had slapped a phone from her hand when he noticed her videotaping his interactions with the children.

The police report says the wife showed officers her hand "which appeared to have small scratches". The investigators say it also appeared to be "slightly swollen".

In a later interview with McNutt, Canfield police say he told investigators that he grabbed the phone from her hand and threw it. "

- - - Updated - - -

Apparently the Romeo reports where wrong?

You would have to ask the wife her reasons for divorcing him. Info I have is they have had problems for quite awhile. Lots of rumors. Is the divorce over infidelity ? Other problems ? Interesting, McNutt played for Tressel at Ohio St., became a coach under him and ends up at YSU where Tressel is the Prez. Wonder how this is going to play out in the community after the rapist fiasco last year.
    Last edited by Paladin1aa; September 11th, 2018 at 10:07 PM.
    Four time I-AA National Champions

Opportunity is unattainable for most people because it is disguised as hard work!!

First Class FCS Ruler Penguin Nation's Avatar

FWIW, the mother has every right to record the transfer of the children, and the father (Coach McNutt) should be glad it's recorded as it (otherwise would) prove his good behavior. Unless it's self-defense or defense of another, you don't strike a woman (or anyone). IOW, this appears to be both assault and destruction of property. It is irrelevant if charges are filed. Divorce is a mofo....I have no doubt McNutt is getting a legal enema.....but you never resort to initiating violence...especially in front of your children.

This in the setting of the active recruiting of a convicted gang rapist forms a pattern in the FB program. That being said, Scumbag U will release laughable BS press releases about taking DV seriously, and then continue the status quo.

What a f-ing disgusting program.

Only one change in the lineup for YSU- Lee will start at SS instead of Bryant. Not sure this addresses the problem as the YSU secondary is giving up huge pass yds. Teams completing 47 of 67 passes. Not much of a pass rush either. Valpo will rotate 2 QBs in and out. Both have been effective passing.

My early week prediction was YSU,46-10. I’ll revise that to a more true FB score - YSU 48-10.

First Class FCS Advocate h5322rsh's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Paladin1aa View Post
    OMG - the YSU AD moRon appeared at the Curbstone Coaches club on Monday and declared YSU to be an improved football team !!! Just another idiot who deserved to be fired years ago. And YSU fans wonder why the program suffers.
    This is very funny. Does he know who YSU plays on Hobo Day? Will Bo be smiling by then? or fired by then?

Hobo Day ? Sounds like something weird SDSU would do and Bozo probably doesn’t know. The cheapskates at YSU won’t do anything until after the season and then they will be dumb enough to extend him.

First Class FCS Advocate mvfcfan's Avatar

My prediction is that YSU wins 31-17.

AGS Circle of Influence Member

Quote Originally Posted by Penguin Nation View Post
    In the Natty two years ago and now an 0-2 train wreck. I sometimes try to imagine a more incompetent person than moRon, but always fail to. He’s really such an outlandish buffoon, he’s now a cartoon character.
    The national title game was 100000% an aberration. I pointed it out at the time, and shockingly YSU fans hated me for it.

Bo's first year YSU was 5-6 and 2 of those wins were NEC. YSU was 3-6 vs full scholarship D1s

The national title run was literally every single break going YSU's way all season. Those season happen sometimes.
    -YSU trailed UNI 10-7 with less than a minute left in that game but UNI's offense decided it didn't want to even try that day (Thanks Aaron Bailey).
    -Crushed by SDSU the next week
    -Edged out a 13-10 win over Indiana State (who was 2-6 in MVFC play and had a win over the second to worst OVC team and a PFL team)....and the offense scored just 6 points that game
    -Then crushed by NDSU.
    -The edged out SIU on a last few minute 1 score win over SIU (who was 2-6 in MVFC play and had 2 wins over the bottom 2 OVC team).
    -Got a very favorable playoff draw and then got every bounce
    - 2 OT win vs Wofford and were bailed out of a likely game winning TD on a fumble at the 2 yard line by Wofford in OT1
    -Go to EWU and grab a literal last second win on a catch that could literally never be recreated after being down 2 scores at the start of the 4th.

Yes, as I've said for years bad teams find ways to lose games. That YSU team found ways to win, but man they caught every break. It looks even more so like a fluke run considering what has gone on since that run

Bo followed the national runner up with 6-5 but 4-5 against full scholarship D1 teams. 4-4 in conference play, but 3 of the wins were the bottom 3 teams in the standings (winless ISUb, MSU (who only beat ISUb and SIU) and SIU (who was 2-6 in conference play)

This year Bo is 0-2 with a loss to a zero scholarship team (who hasn't beaten a non PFL/non-scholly/sub D1 team [they play 2 per year every year...and pre 2010 played 3 or 4 non D1s per year]) since...honestly I went back to 1999 and didn't see one so it doesn't matter when it happened. I doubt it's ever happened.

On his record alone the reality is his seat should be more than just mildly warm.

When you add in his antics and all of the other off the field crap that he's brought with him I can't see how he keeps a job moving forward.

Wait...yes I can.

The cult of YSU/Cheatervest. He's from the Youngstown area and Jimmy T wants him. Thus he can do no wrong that will actually cost him his job. Oh, and YSU got him for pennies because of his Nebraska buy out.
    Playoff records of teams I follow since 1991:Twins: 6-22 (.214)
    UNI: 20-16 (.556)Vikings: 7-14 (.333)Wolves: 17-30 (.362)Wild: 25-43 (.367)
    Combined 75-125 (.375) 0 Titles
    Yet people wonder why I'm jaded about sports....

First Class FCS Ruler Penguin Nation's Avatar

Well said.

The 2016 Natty was IMO (and I said this back then) 1/3 Bozo, 1/3 Wolf, and 1/3 scheduling committee. Seeing the train wreck that is Bozo unfold since then...I think giving him 1/3 of the credit is too much.