Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 90
  1. #11
    Master FCS Advocate McCowboys's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Sugar Land, Texas -- Native of Louisiana
    Posts
    393

    Re: 2018 SLC Pick'em: Week 3

    Quote Originally Posted by Sammy94 View Post
    North Dakota at SHSU (North Dakota has a big O-Line and a senior All-American at RB)


    They are a lot like SFA, 4 wins in their last 14. I guess that OL hasn’t helped. I like our chances at home.
    Home field advantage should go to the 'Kats. The Fighting Hawks lost to Washington 45-3, but the game was respectable until the end. UW scored 21 points in the 4th quarter. UND has a good quarterback and an all-purpose guy by the name of Santiago, small but speedy and strong.

  2. #12
    First Class FCS Ruler Katfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Posts
    576

    Re: 2018 SLC Pick'em: Week 3

    ACU at HBU
    Nicholls at McNeese
    North Dakota at SHSU
    NWST at Lamar
    SFA at IUW
    UCA at SLU

  3. #13
    AGS FCS Expert
    Daytripper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    5,395

    Re: 2018 SLC Pick'em: Week 3

    Quote Originally Posted by McCowboys View Post
    Home field advantage should go to the 'Kats. The Fighting Hawks lost to Washington 45-3, but the game was respectable until the end. UW scored 21 points in the 4th quarter. UND has a good quarterback and an all-purpose guy by the name of Santiago, small but speedy and strong.
    Our defense is better than in the past. But our success this season will rest on our QB situation. I think Schmid will end up being the guy. I just hope Keeler can recognize that Dare may not be the best option even though he is his guy he brought in.
    First they came for the journalists and I said nothing. Then no one could find out who they came for after that.

  4. #14
    Master FCS Advocate McCowboys's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Sugar Land, Texas -- Native of Louisiana
    Posts
    393

    Re: 2018 SLC Pick'em: Week 3

    Quote Originally Posted by Daytripper View Post
    Our defense is better than in the past. But our success this season will rest on our QB situation. I think Schmid will end up being the guy. I just hope Keeler can recognize that Dare may not be the best option even though he is his guy he brought in.
    It has to be tough on your team to be facing another team who has two or three more games worth of experience than y'all when you are still figuring things out.

    McNeese is young on defense and it is costing us in giving up some big plays. I think one of our freshman keeps tripping over his shoelaces. Hopefully, these will be corrected. HBU is much better than last year, IMO. Still the Cowboys got a big lead and played lots of bodies during the game.

    ACU, I hope you get a different officiating crew. If not, watch carefully how they repeatedly will not spot the ball correctly. Also, on one of HBU's scores, our coach had been calling for a TO and they refused to grant it. A few late hits on our quarterbacks, plus Tabary having his helmet pulled off his head with no flag....I just hope you and McNeese have better officiating this week.

  5. #15
    First Class FCS Ruler Katfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Posts
    576

    Re: 2018 SLC Pick'em: Week 3

    Quote Originally Posted by McCowboys View Post
    It has to be tough on your team to be facing another team who has two or three more games worth of experience than y'all when you are still figuring things out.

    McNeese is young on defense and it is costing us in giving up some big plays. I think one of our freshman keeps tripping over his shoelaces. Hopefully, these will be corrected. HBU is much better than last year, IMO. Still the Cowboys got a big lead and played lots of bodies during the game.

    ACU, I hope you get a different officiating crew. If not, watch carefully how they repeatedly will not spot the ball correctly. Also, on one of HBU's scores, our coach had been calling for a TO and they refused to grant it. A few late hits on our quarterbacks, plus Tabary having his helmet pulled off his head with no flag....I just hope you and McNeese have better officiating this week.
    SLC officiating has to be the worst

  6. #16
    First Class FCS Ruler Outsider1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Location
    Abilene, TX
    Posts
    677

    Re: 2018 SLC Pick'em: Week 3

    Ok, here I go. I am also on the page that none of these are slam dunks and it should be an interesting weekend.

    ACU at HBU - I hope we learned our lesson this past weekend, because; yes, HBU has an offense this year. I didn't think much of their 1st game, but was surprised with what they did with McNeese. We will have key players back and line ups more set. IF we don't lay an egg again we should still win.
    Nicholls at McNeese - Hhmmm, how banged up is Nicholls right now? Did McNeese learn some lessons against HBU? I am flipping a coin on this one....but I like ya Cowboys.
    North Dakota at SHSU - Ok Sammy, we kept our promise and won to hopefully make the SLC proud, so asking you to win this one.
    NWST at Lamar - NSU seems to be turning a corner as well.
    SFA at IUW - Even with all the mix up, SFA just has too much talent for UIW.
    UCA at SLU - UCA, can your defense step up enough?
    Bodhi: You have to reach the point.. Johnny Utah: What point? Chowder: The point right before you break.

  7. #17
    First Class FCS Ruler Outsider1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Location
    Abilene, TX
    Posts
    677

    Re: 2018 SLC Pick'em: Week 3

    Quote Originally Posted by McCowboys View Post
    It has to be tough on your team to be facing another team who has two or three more games worth of experience than y'all when you are still figuring things out.

    McNeese is young on defense and it is costing us in giving up some big plays. I think one of our freshman keeps tripping over his shoelaces. Hopefully, these will be corrected. HBU is much better than last year, IMO. Still the Cowboys got a big lead and played lots of bodies during the game.

    ACU, I hope you get a different officiating crew. If not, watch carefully how they repeatedly will not spot the ball correctly. Also, on one of HBU's scores, our coach had been calling for a TO and they refused to grant it. A few late hits on our quarterbacks, plus Tabary having his helmet pulled off his head with no flag....I just hope you and McNeese have better officiating this week.

    What the heck???
    Bodhi: You have to reach the point.. Johnny Utah: What point? Chowder: The point right before you break.

  8. #18
    AGS FCS Champion
    McNeese75's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Lake Charles, LA
    Posts
    8,876

    Re: 2018 SLC Pick'em: Week 3





    The HBU Band and Dance Team. Did PVAMU look better than this in Huntsville????
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 20180908_195855.jpg   20180908_195743.jpg  
    I learned long ago, never to wrestle with a pig. You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it.

    George Bernard Shaw

  9. #19
    First Class FCS Ruler Outsider1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Location
    Abilene, TX
    Posts
    677

    Re: 2018 SLC Pick'em: Week 3

    OMG....

    Bodhi: You have to reach the point.. Johnny Utah: What point? Chowder: The point right before you break.

  10. #20

    Re: 2018 SLC Pick'em: Week 3

    Quote Originally Posted by McNeese75 View Post




    The HBU Band and Dance Team. Did PVAMU look better than this in Huntsville????
    At least they're out there giving it their all. I admire those kids!

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by McNeese75 View Post
    <img src="http://www.anygivensaturday.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=28716&amp;stc=1" border="0" alt=""><br>
    <br>
    <img src="http://www.anygivensaturday.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=28717&amp;stc=1" border="0" alt=""><br>
    <br>
    The HBU Band and Dance Team. Did PVAMU look better than this in Huntsville???? <img src="images/smilies/eyebrow.gif" border="0" alt="" title="Eyebrow" smilieid="25" class="inlineimg">
    <br>
    <br>At least they're out there giving it their all. I admire those kids!&nbsp;<img src="images/smilies/nod.gif" border="0" alt="" title="Nod" smilieid="29" class="inlineimg"><img src="images/smilies/thumbsup.gif" border="0" alt="" title="Thumbs Up" smilieid="57" class="inlineimg">

Similar Threads

  1. 2018 SLC Pick'em: Week 2
    By BEAR in forum FCS Discussion
    Replies: 161
    Last Post: September 10th, 2018, 07:17 PM
  2. 2018 NEC Pick 'em - Week 2
    By RedFlash in forum FCS Discussion
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: September 9th, 2018, 10:07 AM
  3. 2018 SLC Pick'em: Week 1
    By BEAR in forum FCS Discussion
    Replies: 119
    Last Post: September 2nd, 2018, 04:48 PM
  4. CAA Week 1 2018 (Pick'em)
    By melloware13 in forum FCS Discussion
    Replies: 70
    Last Post: September 2nd, 2018, 09:33 AM
  5. 2018 NEC Pick 'em - Week 1
    By RedFlash in forum FCS Discussion
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: September 1st, 2018, 01:56 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •