Hello AGS, havent posted in a while, lifes been busy. But Im back, and just in time for Charleston Southern vs Citadel. CSU has a bye this week so Citadel is our next game which is why Im posting on it. Citadel has UTC next so they wont care about the CSU game for another week. But they opened with 2 very tough ones vs Wofford and UTC. We got smoked by Florida of course but came out healthy.

I have no clue what to expect. The 2 Charleston County schools havent played since 2015 playoffs. SOOO MUCH has changed since then. Both have new head coaches. Jamey Chadwell and Mike London are gone. CSUs former DC is at Furman doing well and we miss him.

CSU lost a lot off that 2016 squad. 2017 we lost to Kennessaw, Monmouth and Elon, all playoff teams, as well as Florida State. So it was 4 losses but all 4 were good teams. A rebuild year.

2018 I have no clue. QB isnt a great passer but hes mobile and does fine running the offense. So many unknowns but some great individual talent, especially on defense. The Citadel will be a huge test.

Citadel I dont know much about. Apparently they had a couple great transfer players come in and are in a bit of a QB battle after last week. A LB who started at Louisville??? Any Cid folks know how that one is working out?

I DO NOT feel good about Citadel having 2 FCS games before us, and we have 1 useless FBS blowout and a bye week. Citadel will be more polished than us for sure. You dont improve much by opening with Florida and a bye. The AD maybe didnt wanna risk yet another hurricane cancellation like we’ve had several times at CSU in September but jeez. Bad scheduling.

If I had to bet my house on it, Id say Citadel 28, CSU 17. We’ve just lost too much over 24 months and Citadel will be much more battle tested after Wofford and UTC. Our All America candidate LB Solomon Brown will have to play a heroic game to keep us in it since we lost some Front 7 guys from last year, one being an All American DL who hasnt been replaced.