Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Master FCS Advocate BadlandsGrizFan's Avatar

Re: Idaho Football video: The Return

Quote Originally Posted by VandalBasher View Post
    https://mobile.twitter.com/VandalFoo...507776/video/1

Believe me, I even find this video to be a little melodramatic and "Last Chance U'ish." But, we are trying to reinvigorate a wounded fan base and get them excited for Vandal Football in the Big Sky Conference.

Wounded simply means we had success at the I-AA level only to spend the next 22 years jumping from conference to conference simply to play teams from Tennessee, Louisiana, Georgia and Alabama. Additionally, we need to regain the fans that are a little let down from the drop down. This wasn't arrogance. We all know our record over the last two decades. It is a matter of "if they can do it, we can to." These fans would have pressed forward trying to achieve what others have while doing it on the cheap.

For me, I am excited to see what Idaho can do at this level. This season is going to be fun.

IDAHO FOOTBALL IS BACK BABY...GET HYPED.....LIKE THIS GUY

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Capture.jpg  

So is Idaho eligible for the playoffs this year? Do they still have over 63 scholly players on the roster?

I'm better than you...probably

Quote Originally Posted by aust42 View Post
    So is Idaho eligible for the playoffs this year? Do they still have over 63 scholly players on the roster?
    They are eligible so no they don't. I am sure they split a couple scholly's and they were never running at a full 85 and were actually around the 70-74 for the most part from what I remember so it wasn't as tough to cut back as it is.
    http://www.anygivensaturday.com/signaturepics/sigpic2954_4.gif
    "At Georgia Southern, we don't cheat.......That costs money and we don't have any."
    Erk Russell - Georgia Southern

Quote Originally Posted by VandalBasher View Post
    For me, I am an ol' Big Sky guy. I tried walking on at Idaho at DE. It was an eye opening moment in my life. Even though I never played, I got a BSC championship ring. Before leaving for Iraq, I would give that ring to my friend that played all four years. He had three rings stolen. The talent we had was indescribable. Multiple NFLers that went on to Super Bowl wins.

For me, I look forward to the games on this year's schedule.
    VB what years were you at Idaho? A buddy of mine was on the equipment crew during his Idaho days. I believe around 89-93?
    aka mavman

First Class FCS Advocate SeattleBobcat's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ursus arctos horribilis View Post
    As you pointed out it is a bit derivative but it is a nice effort the school is making and it is still enjoyable to watch. Please dear god don't let these guys do some cheesy BS like we've seen from other schools over the last 5 yrs.

This is golden compared to some of the dance crap and the unveiling of uni's and the C-A-T-S video.
    don't forget the blue Bobcat cup...

Vandal I think you described that video perfectly. As for your fanbase, you guys start winning and they will come back, count on it.

Quote Originally Posted by SeattleBobcat View Post

Vandal I think you described that video perfectly. As for your fanbase, you guys start winning and they will come back, count on it.
    Also, App State is hot, hot, hot!

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
    Idaho * Portland State * Cal State-Fullerton * Eastern Washington * Nevada * Delaware * Southern Utah * Youngstown State * Hofstra * Montana State * North Dakota State * Western Illinois * Cal Poly * Massachusetts * Wofford * Northern Arizona * Coastal Carolina * Weber State *
    ...the only visiting teams to win in Washington-Grizzly Stadium

UofMMan1122: "We are officially the most badass state in the union. "

AGS FCS Champion

I'm with you 100% and this has always been my stance. A bowl game doesn't mean **** to me at all. But an FCS playoff game...any FCS playoff game is a must see event and when my team is in ti....holy **** it means everything.

It doesn't draw the ratings? WGAF? I ain't there watching it because some dumbass in some other state(s) cares about it. This is my (our) thing and that is all I really care about I guess.
    This sums it up nicely. WGAF if some dude in Bama gives a ****? I donít. Itíd be neat, but it really doesnít matter.

As for the video, it was pretty well done. As a dude who isnít an Idaho fan it was kinda long, but I would like it if it was my team.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I don't drink anymore. I don't necessarily drink any less either, though.

I am ED. #FEARME
    Go Big, Go Blue, Go JACKS!

First Class FCS Ruler JacksFan40's Avatar

I'm with you 100% and this has always been my stance. A bowl game doesn't mean **** to me at all. But an FCS playoff game...any FCS playoff game is a must see event and when my team is in ti....holy **** it means everything.

It doesn't draw the ratings? WGAF? I ain't there watching it because some dumbass in some other state(s) cares about it. This is my (our) thing and that is all I really care about I guess.
    Iíd much rather watch SDSU in a playoff game than playing in a meaningless bowl game in front of 12 people on a Wednesday.

Master FCS Advocate VandalBasher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by nevadagriz View Post
    VB what years were you at Idaho? A buddy of mine was on the equipment crew during his Idaho days. I believe around 89-93?
    I walked on in 1987. That year we had John Friez (Seahawks starting QB), Mark Schlereth (Redskins and Broncos SB rings) and Rick Carey (Bengals CB), Kasey Dunn (coached at multiple NLF teams). Kieth Gilbertson coached as the HC at CAL, UW and the Seahawks. Again, I was a practice dummy. I just know the overall quality that could be had at the I-AA level. I graduated in 1992.

We never lost to BSU while I was in school.

Master FCS Advocate VandalBasher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SeattleBobcat View Post

Bobcat, if you care to get together for a couple of viewings this fall, let me know. I live in Ballard.