"The Return" Episode 1: Light The Fire
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B3Sj0eY5YPc

"The Return" Episode 2: Earn It
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZbqTKe9QokU

"The Return" Episode 3: Study Skills
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Jk4asIVnEw&t=65s

"The Return" Episode 4: Go Time
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z1sAOnT2618

Believe me, I even find this video to be a little melodramatic and "Last Chance U'ish." But, we are trying to reinvigorate a wounded fan base and get them excited for Vandal Football in the Big Sky Conference.

Wounded simply means we had success at the I-AA level only to spend the next 22 years jumping from conference to conference simply to play teams from Tennessee, Louisiana, Georgia and Alabama. Additionally, we need to regain the fans that are a little let down from the drop down. This wasn't arrogance. We all know our record over the last two decades. It is a matter of "if they can do it, we can to." These fans would have pressed forward trying to achieve what others have done while doing it on the cheap.

For me, I am excited to see what Idaho can do at this level. This season is going to be fun.
    Last edited by VandalBasher; August 29th, 2018 at 08:57 PM.

First Class FCS Advocate
    My Team
    North Dakota State

Re: Idaho Football video: The Return

Quote Originally Posted by VandalBasher View Post
    https://mobile.twitter.com/VandalFoo...507776/video/1

Believe me, I even find this video to be a little melodramatic and "Last Chance U'ish." But, we are trying to reinvigorate a wounded fan base and get them excited for Vandal Football in the Big Sky Conference.

Wounded simply means we had success at the I-AA level only to spend the next 22 years jumping from conference to conference simply to play teams from Tennessee, Louisiana, Georgia and Alabama. Additionally, we need to regain the fans that are a little let down from the drop down. This wasn't arrogance. We all know our record over the last two decades. It is a matter of "if they can do it, we can to." These fans would have pressed forward trying to achieve what others have while doing it on the cheap.

For me, I am excited to see what Idaho can do at this level. This season is going to be fun.
    The FCS Playoffs are fantastic... maybe they don't get the hype of the bowl games -- but that "win or go home, everything is on the line" feeling of a game is hard to beat. Hopefully Vandal fans embrace it like the rest of us!

First Class FCS Ruler VandalBasher's Avatar
    My Team
    Idaho Vandals

Quote Originally Posted by NoVABison View Post
    The FCS Playoffs are fantastic... maybe they don't get the hype of the bowl games -- but that "win or go home, everything is on the line" feeling of a game is hard to beat. Hopefully Vandal fans embrace it like the rest of us!
    For me, I am an ol' Big Sky guy. I tried walking on at Idaho at DE. It was an eye opening moment in my life. Even though I never played, I got a BSC championship ring. Before leaving for Iraq, I would give that ring to my friend that played all four years. He had three rings stolen. The talent we had was indescribable. Multiple NFLers that went on to Super Bowl wins.

For me, I look forward to the games on this year's schedule.

First Class FCS Ruler

Quote Originally Posted by VandalBasher View Post
    For me, I am an ol' Big Sky guy. I tried walking on at Idaho at DE. It was an eye opening moment in my life. Even though I never played, I got a BSC championship ring. Before leaving for Iraq, I would give that ring to my friend that played all four years. He had three rings stolen. The talent we had was indescribable. Multiple NFLers that went on to Super Bowl wins.

For me, I look forward to the games on this year's schedule.
    VB what years were you at Idaho? A buddy of mine was on the equipment crew during his Idaho days. I believe around 89-93?
    aka mavman

My Team
    Idaho Vandals

Quote Originally Posted by nevadagriz View Post
    VB what years were you at Idaho? A buddy of mine was on the equipment crew during his Idaho days. I believe around 89-93?
    I walked on in 1987. That year we had John Friez (Seahawks starting QB), Mark Schlereth (Redskins and Broncos SB rings) and Rick Carey (Bengals CB), Kasey Dunn (coached at multiple NLF teams). Kieth Gilbertson coached as the HC at CAL, UW and the Seahawks. Again, I was a practice dummy. I just know the overall quality that could be had at the I-AA level. I graduated in 1992.

We never lost to BSU while I was in school.

I'm no better than you...probably
    My Team
    Montana

Quote Originally Posted by NoVABison View Post
    I'm with you 100% and this has always been my stance. A bowl game doesn't mean **** to me at all. But an FCS playoff game...any FCS playoff game is a must see event and when my team is in ti....holy **** it means everything.

It doesn't draw the ratings? WGAF? I ain't there watching it because some dumbass in some other state(s) cares about it. This is my (our) thing and that is all I really care about I guess.
    http://www.anygivensaturday.com/signaturepics/sigpic2954_4.gif
    "At Georgia Southern, we don't cheat.......That costs money and we don't have any."
    Erk Russell - Georgia Southern

My Team
    South Dakota State

Quote Originally Posted by ursus arctos horribilis View Post
    I'm with you 100% and this has always been my stance. A bowl game doesn't mean **** to me at all. But an FCS playoff game...any FCS playoff game is a must see event and when my team is in ti....holy **** it means everything.

It doesn't draw the ratings? WGAF? I ain't there watching it because some dumbass in some other state(s) cares about it. This is my (our) thing and that is all I really care about I guess.
    This sums it up nicely. WGAF if some dude in Bama gives a ****? I don’t. It’d be neat, but it really doesn’t matter.

As for the video, it was pretty well done. As a dude who isn’t an Idaho fan it was kinda long, but I would like it if it was my team.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I don't drink anymore. I don't necessarily drink any less either, though.

I am ED. #FEARME
    Go Big, Go Blue, Go JACKS!

My Team
    South Dakota State

Quote Originally Posted by ursus arctos horribilis View Post

I’d much rather watch SDSU in a playoff game than playing in a meaningless bowl game in front of 12 people on a Wednesday.

My Team
    Sam Houston State

Idaho is a team I will definitely be rooting for. Seems like a very hard working and dedicated group of guys up in Idaho. The FBS grass isn’t greener! The Vandals should return to FCS prominence once again someday soon. And thats where they belong.

My Team
    Idaho Vandals

Any positive thoughts would be welcomed! At the FBS level, we only had success about once every seven years. Hopefully, we can reduce the periods of drought at the FCS level.

The Big Sky Conference, though, isn't much of a drop in talent from the Sun Belt Conference, according to Sagarin. The Vandals will still have to play up each week. A record of 7-4 this year is possible.