Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 34
  1. #1
    Master FCS Advocate VandalBasher's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Location
    Seattle, WA
    Posts
    307

    Idaho Football video: The Return

    https://mobile.twitter.com/VandalFoo...507776/video/1

    Believe me, I even find this video to be a little melodramatic and "Last Chance U'ish." But, we are trying to reinvigorate a wounded fan base and get them excited for Vandal Football in the Big Sky Conference.

    Wounded simply means we had success at the I-AA level only to spend the next 22 years jumping from conference to conference simply to play teams from Tennessee, Louisiana, Georgia and Alabama. Additionally, we need to regain the fans that are a little let down from the drop down. This wasn't arrogance. We all know our record over the last two decades. It is a matter of "if they can do it, we can to." These fans would have pressed forward trying to achieve what others have while doing it on the cheap.

    For me, I am excited to see what Idaho can do at this level. This season is going to be fun.

  2. #2
    First Class FCS Advocate NoVABison's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Northern Virginia
    Posts
    66

    Re: Idaho Football video: The Return

    Quote Originally Posted by VandalBasher View Post
    https://mobile.twitter.com/VandalFoo...507776/video/1

    Believe me, I even find this video to be a little melodramatic and "Last Chance U'ish." But, we are trying to reinvigorate a wounded fan base and get them excited for Vandal Football in the Big Sky Conference.

    Wounded simply means we had success at the I-AA level only to spend the next 22 years jumping from conference to conference simply to play teams from Tennessee, Louisiana, Georgia and Alabama. Additionally, we need to regain the fans that are a little let down from the drop down. This wasn't arrogance. We all know our record over the last two decades. It is a matter of "if they can do it, we can to." These fans would have pressed forward trying to achieve what others have while doing it on the cheap.

    For me, I am excited to see what Idaho can do at this level. This season is going to be fun.
    The FCS Playoffs are fantastic... maybe they don't get the hype of the bowl games -- but that "win or go home, everything is on the line" feeling of a game is hard to beat. Hopefully Vandal fans embrace it like the rest of us!

  3. #3
    Master FCS Advocate VandalBasher's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Location
    Seattle, WA
    Posts
    307

    Re: Idaho Football video: The Return

    Quote Originally Posted by NoVABison View Post
    The FCS Playoffs are fantastic... maybe they don't get the hype of the bowl games -- but that "win or go home, everything is on the line" feeling of a game is hard to beat. Hopefully Vandal fans embrace it like the rest of us!
    For me, I am an ol' Big Sky guy. I tried walking on at Idaho at DE. It was an eye opening moment in my life. Even though I never played, I got a BSC championship ring. Before leaving for Iraq, I would give that ring to my friend that played all four years. He had three rings stolen. The talent we had was indescribable. Multiple NFLers that went on to Super Bowl wins.

    For me, I look forward to the games on this year's schedule.

  4. #4
    First Class FCS Ruler katss07's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Posts
    906

    Re: Idaho Football video: The Return

    Idaho is a team I will definitely be rooting for. Seems like a very hard working and dedicated group of guys up in Idaho. The FBS grass isn’t greener! The Vandals should return to FCS prominence once again someday soon. And thats where they belong.

  5. #5
    Master FCS Advocate VandalBasher's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Location
    Seattle, WA
    Posts
    307

    Re: Idaho Football video: The Return

    Any positive thoughts would be welcomed! At the FBS level, we only had success about once every seven years. Hopefully, we can reduce the periods of drought at the FCS level.

    The Big Sky Conference, though, isn't much of a drop in talent from the Sun Belt Conference, according to Sagarin. The Vandals will still have to play up each week. A record of 7-4 this year is possible.

  6. #6
    I'm better than you...probably

    ursus arctos horribilis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    25,392

    Re: Idaho Football video: The Return

    Quote Originally Posted by NoVABison View Post
    The FCS Playoffs are fantastic... maybe they don't get the hype of the bowl games -- but that "win or go home, everything is on the line" feeling of a game is hard to beat. Hopefully Vandal fans embrace it like the rest of us!
    I'm with you 100% and this has always been my stance. A bowl game doesn't mean **** to me at all. But an FCS playoff game...any FCS playoff game is a must see event and when my team is in ti....holy **** it means everything.

    It doesn't draw the ratings? WGAF? I ain't there watching it because some dumbass in some other state(s) cares about it. This is my (our) thing and that is all I really care about I guess.
    http://www.anygivensaturday.com/signaturepics/sigpic2954_4.gif
    "At Georgia Southern, we don't cheat.......That costs money and we don't have any."
    Erk Russell - Georgia Southern

  7. #7
    Master FCS Advocate Outsider1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Location
    Abilene, TX
    Posts
    318

    Re: Idaho Football video: The Return

    Personally, I like the video with the interviews and the talks, but it is a little long to necessarily excite. For that, there needs to be some short attention getters done on a regular basis.

  8. #8
    Master FCS Advocate VandalBasher's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Location
    Seattle, WA
    Posts
    307

    Re: Idaho Football video: The Return

    Thanks all for watching.

    I believe the intention is to put out a video weekly as the Vandals go through camp. It might extend into the season, with I would approve. Anything for recruiting the upcoming classes of Vandals, both students and athletes.

  9. #9
    I'm better than you...probably

    ursus arctos horribilis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    25,392

    Re: Idaho Football video: The Return

    Quote Originally Posted by VandalBasher View Post
    https://mobile.twitter.com/VandalFoo...507776/video/1

    Believe me, I even find this video to be a little melodramatic and "Last Chance U'ish." But, we are trying to reinvigorate a wounded fan base and get them excited for Vandal Football in the Big Sky Conference.

    Wounded simply means we had success at the I-AA level only to spend the next 22 years jumping from conference to conference simply to play teams from Tennessee, Louisiana, Georgia and Alabama. Additionally, we need to regain the fans that are a little let down from the drop down. This wasn't arrogance. We all know our record over the last two decades. It is a matter of "if they can do it, we can to." These fans would have pressed forward trying to achieve what others have while doing it on the cheap.

    For me, I am excited to see what Idaho can do at this level. This season is going to be fun.
    As you pointed out it is a bit derivative but it is a nice effort the school is making and it is still enjoyable to watch. Please dear god don't let these guys do some cheesy BS like we've seen from other schools over the last 5 yrs.

    This is golden compared to some of the dance crap and the unveiling of uni's and the C-A-T-S video.
    http://www.anygivensaturday.com/signaturepics/sigpic2954_4.gif
    "At Georgia Southern, we don't cheat.......That costs money and we don't have any."
    Erk Russell - Georgia Southern

  10. #10
    I'm better than you...probably

    ursus arctos horribilis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    25,392

    Re: Idaho Football video: The Return

    Quote Originally Posted by VandalBasher View Post
    Thanks all for watching.

    I believe the intention is to put out a video weekly as the Vandals go through camp. It might extend into the season, with I would approve. Anything for recruiting the upcoming classes of Vandals, both students and athletes.
    Yeah, not a hype video but a short doc series on coming back so it is a good series and I will watch them all if you bring them.
    http://www.anygivensaturday.com/signaturepics/sigpic2954_4.gif
    "At Georgia Southern, we don't cheat.......That costs money and we don't have any."
    Erk Russell - Georgia Southern

Similar Threads

  1. Idaho State: Football Alumni Return to Pocatello
    By News from the FCS in forum Big Sky Conference News
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: June 30th, 2018, 03:00 PM
  2. Idaho State: Football Alumni Return to Pocatello
    By News from the FCS in forum Big Sky Conference News
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: June 27th, 2018, 03:00 PM
  3. Idaho State: Football Alumni Return for Annual F.A.T. Golf Scramble
    By News from the FCS in forum Big Sky Conference News
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: June 26th, 2017, 05:20 PM
  4. Idaho State: Bengal Football Alumni Return to Pocatello
    By News from the FCS in forum Big Sky Conference News
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: June 25th, 2016, 05:20 PM
  5. Idaho State: VIDEO: Day 1 Spring Football
    By News from the FCS in forum Big Sky Conference News
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: April 1st, 2015, 11:20 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •