Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Re: 2018 FCS vs. FBS games

Quote Originally Posted by VandalBasher View Post
    PVAMU could beat Rice. The lone win for the Owls in 2017 was against a hapless UTEP team.

PV, according to Massey is going to have the 2nd strongest team in the SWAC behind Grambling. 11% chance of winning? After simulating the game, Rice 35, PV 18. Again on the other simulator, 40-21 loss.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2017_R..._football_team
    https://www.masseyratings.com/team.php?t=14163&s=300937
    https://www.masseyratings.com/game.p...300937&t1=Rice
    http://www.compughterratings.com/CFB/simulations
    I think they are going to use that Stanford smash-mouth approach w/ great athletes. They have twins @ the RB position (scat back types) coupled w/ a big bruiser who also has speed so it will be interesting. If we cannot control the LOS on O or D, we're toast.

Coach Dooley and staff recruited tremendous student-athletes (txfers) who should have an impact on our O and D. The WR position is ridiculously intriguing but the question remains... will the heralded QB have time to play pitch-and-catch??? can the OL control the LOS to open space for a few speedy RBs? Will discipline find this team?
    Nickels - "My "127.3 soaking wet" ass will meet you anytime. Come to Houston and send me a PM. We both know there aren't cops here to stop anything. Be a man and back it up. I'm near Yale and Rutland but I will meet your worthless black ass anywhere in the city.

edit - Yale and 27th. Near Rutland."

First Class FCS Advocate SeattleBobcat's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by VandalBasher View Post
    2016 FCS team wins over FBS teams[edit]

(FCS rankings from the STATS poll)

Are you sure on the bolded part? I swear App St was ranked 25th after Edwards put some smack down on #4 Michigan.

Master FCS Advocate VandalBasher's Avatar

I pulled this from Wiki. It could be wrong. And, that Michigan game was amazing.

It was during my daughter's birthday party. I kept telling people "excuse me, I'll be right back." Every time I went to the television, another TD happened. Wow!

AGS FCS Champion

Quote Originally Posted by SeattleBobcat View Post
    Are you sure on the bolded part? I swear App St was ranked 25th after Edwards put some smack down on #4 Michigan.
    I'm pretty sure that game was the impetus behind allowing voters to vote for FCS teams in the big boy's AP Poll. IIRC there was some confusion about whether that was even allowed after that App St/Michigan game so App didn't get as many votes as they probably would've since not all voters knew they were even eligible. I'm pretty sure that tidbit is accurate though about NDSU getting the most points ever in the AP Poll for an FCS team after beating Iowa.

EDIT: I guess App St must've technically been ineligible still since they didn't get any votes in the AP poll immediately after that Michigan game (http://collegepollarchive.com/footba...8#.W23VWuSWwpU). The following week they received 19 votes though so that must've been when the FCS team eligibility change was made (http://collegepollarchive.com/footba...9#.W23Vs-SWwpU).
    Professor Chaos is a proud supporter of the 6-time NCAA Division 1 Football National Champion North Dakota State Bison.

2015 FCS wins over FBS (9 total)

Well, this is the last week before the season starts. It appears around 10% of the games are won by FCS teams. Here is to hoping 11 to 12 win against FBS teams this year.

For whatever it is worth, I'll definitely attend one FCS vs FBS game in 2018 (9/1: Villanova/Temple) and probably will attend two (9/15: Lehigh/Navy, if the Temple/Maryland game isn't close late and doesn't go long time-wise).

I just love the UNH has 2 games before playing Colorado! I hope we make it competitive .. I blow out in this situation is unacceptable

AGS FCS Champion

Quote Originally Posted by UNHFan View Post
    I just love the UNH has 2 games before playing Colorado! I hope we make it competitive .. I blow out in this situation is unacceptable
    You have a rivalry game to start then a tough one with Colgate before heading to Folsom Field. That's a BRUTAL stretch. No wonder the bye comes in week 4. The Buffs should be pretty decent. The PAC 12 South is wide open. They could easily be an 8 win team with a break or two. I think UNH will do well to keep this within 3 TDs....
    Temple Alum By Choice, Lehigh Sports Fan By Blood

AGS FCS Champion

Quote Originally Posted by Go Lehigh TU owl View Post
    You have a rivalry game to start then a tough one with Colgate before heading to Folsom Field. That's a BRUTAL stretch. No wonder the bye comes in week 4. The Buffs should be pretty decent. The PAC 12 South is wide open. They could easily be an 8 win team with a break or two. I think UNH will do well to keep this within 3 TDs....
    tough one with a Patsy team, good one

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I don't drink anymore. I don't necessarily drink any less either, though.

I am ED. #FEARME
    Go Big, Go Blue, Go JACKS!