I look for Lamar to be better this year, although they're still very young. Of course I'm biased because I'm a Lamar alum, but I look for Lamar to win four or five games. I also think that SFA at Mississippi State could be interesting but who knows now, due to the recent resignation by Conque.
Quote Originally Posted by McCowboys View Post
A really crazy thing about the SLC: For so long, there were some long-standing coaches at so many programs. Now, though he is only in his third year, Coach Guidry is the second longest tenured coach in the SLC behind only Keeler at SHSU (if I am not mistaken). And though he is only in his third year, the McNeese coaching staff is pretty much intact for all of these three years.

SLU always gives McNeese fits. McNeese has to go to SLU this year. Maybe the toughest conference road game for the Cowboys? What difference(s) will it be with a new coach for the Lions? The same could be said about the Demons. Not much luck in the victory column, but so many games were nailbiters. What will the new coaching staff bring to the table?

What have the second year coaches in the conference learned? What will be different about their teams?

McNeese does get SFA, Nicholls, and UCA at home. SFA and McNeese think the other's field is a good place to play as the visiting team has won in the last six matchups. UCA and McNeese have won on each other's field as well. Due to rotation, McNeese loses out on a chance to meet one of the best in the country and get a boost in its RPI by not facing the Bearkats.

UCA has so many big conference games on the road after having the tough(est) matchups at home last year.