Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    AGS FCS Champion

New Uniforms for the FCS Teams in 2018?

Any news from your schools about these? The annual HERO Sports link doesn't list any of us.
    Reason number one why I am a bandwagon fan: the Ivy League football teams are not playing at their best nationally.

AGS FCS Champion

Re: New Uniforms for the FCS Teams in 2018?

UCA switched from Adidas to Nike this year. New unis, helmets reconditioned, and gloves etc..

All we have so far is a pic of the gloves.

A bird sitting on a tree is never afraid of the branch breaking because its trust in not in the branch, but in its own wings. ~Anonymous

Rumor is A&T will have alternate Home jerseys and helmets. Iím hoping for an all black base with blue and gold lettering.

All of the SWAC schools will have new looks this year since everyone is transitioning away from Russell

2003 SWAC Eastern Division Champions
    2004 SWAC Eastern Division Champions
    2004 SWAC Conference Champions
    2007 Liberty Bowl Champions(Hail State)
    3x 1st Team All SWAC/ 2007 2nd team All-SEC

BZ Nupe!

Dartmouth has been doing the "alternate jerseys" for a while now. It is anyone's guess as to what combination of black/gray/green/white we wear for a game.

So if we get new uniforms, I doubt anyone will notice.

Im tired of new uniforms. Every freaking couple of years some idiots starts the same old BS about getting some weird ****ing helmet or camo uni because the kids love them and its great for recruiting. **** that, If the kid isnt sold on the program and a camo jersey is the deal breaker he can go play someplace else.
    Last edited by Bisonoline; July 13th, 2018 at 03:08 PM.
    Opportunity is unattainable for most people because it is disguised as hard work!!

Quote Originally Posted by Bisonoline View Post
    Im tired of new uniforms. Every freaking couple of years some idiots starts the same old BS about getting some weird ****ing helmet or camo uni because the kids love them and its great for recruiting. **** that, If the kid isnt sold on the program and a camo jersey is the deal breaker he can go play someplace else.
    I feel the same way. I like to look at the feild and know who is playing without having to figure out what I am looking at.

Quote Originally Posted by WestCoastAggie View Post
    Rumor is A&T will have alternate Home jerseys and helmets. I’m hoping for an all black base with blue and gold lettering.
    Black would be hideous mixed with the current shade of A&T’s blue. It would mix really bad. Look at what West Virginia did to their uniforms with the addition of black.

Sam just got a new uniform set last year, so I’m not expecting any changes. Just your typical monochrome orange uni.

Quote Originally Posted by Bisonoline View Post
    I’m a big uniform dude and an aspiring graphic designer, but I couldn’t agree with this more. Come out with a few uniforms every decade, wear them, update them when needed. And please, no more of this American Flag bull****. If thats your way of showing patriotism, find a better way please. And the pink cancer awareness stuff is bad too.

Colgate will be celebrating its Bicentennial in 2018-19. I would think that would be good for some kind of patch. For the School's 150th anniversary, in 1969, Colgate's maroon helmets sported a decal depicting a white football with a "100" printed in the center of the pigskin. It was an interesting contrast that season with the many schools who celebrated the College Football Centennial with helmet decals featuring a football with "100" in the center.