Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast
    On the Breast of Old South Mountain

Unconfirmed report that Lafayette is scheduling a trip to Alabama in 2024????

If true, is the $750,000 payday worth the potential mayhem?
    LEHIGH WILL SHINE TONIGHT, LEHIGH WILL SHINE!
    Patriot League Champions: 1993, 1995, 1998, 1999, 2000, 2001, 2004, 2006, 2010, 2011, 2016, 2017
    NCAA Playoff Appearances: D-II 1973, 1975, 1977 NCAA Champions
    D-IAA 1979 (Finalist), 1980, 1998, 1999, 2000, 2001, 2004, 2010, 2011, 2016, 2017

Re: Unconfirmed report that Lafayette is scheduling a trip to Alabama in 2024????

Go for it! I'm hoping Yale will play Georgia in 2029 to commemorate the 100th anniversary of Sanford Stadium's opening game of Yale vs Georgia in 1929.

AGS FCS Champion

Re: Unconfirmed report that Lafayette is scheduling a trip to Alabama in 2024????

Too bad Alabama is too full of stuck up pricks to pay any school in their own state that kind of cash.

I'm guessing that a Lafayette may be going to Bama, just not our beloved Pards. La-Lafayette seems more likely.

I'm a Lumberjack and I'm OK dbackjon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RichH2 View Post
    I'm guessing that a Lafayette may be going to Bama, just not our beloved Pards. La-Lafayette seems more likely.
    U LaLa is playing Alabama this year.

Quote Originally Posted by dbackjon View Post
    U LaLa is playing Alabama this year.
    Yup I know.

Personally, I'd wait to see how Holy Cross does against BC, Syracuse, and UConn before scheduling power SEC teams if I'm Lafayette (or Yale)....

AGS FCS Champion

Quote Originally Posted by Go Green View Post
    Personally, I'd wait to see how Holy Cross does against BC, Syracuse, and UConn before scheduling power SEC teams if I'm Lafayette (or Yale)....
    HC hung with UConn this past year mostly because the Huskies were terrible. BC is going to physically beat the hell out of the Crusaders for 60 minutes. The Dazzler loves the Ground and Pound!

IL and PL teams have no business playing anyone in the SEC with a pulse. Hell, 98% of FCS have no business playing the top SEC teams. They only do it for $$$. If Lehigh or Yale wants to take a shot at Vanderbilt go for it. I rather watch Lehigh play the Commodores instead of Navy this year.....
    Last edited by Go Lehigh TU owl; July 11th, 2018 at 08:44 PM.
    Temple Alum By Choice, Lehigh Sports Fan By Blood

FCS Master

Quote Originally Posted by Go Lehigh TU owl View Post
    HC hung with UConn this past year mostly because the Huskies were terrible. BC is going to physically beat the hell out of the Crusaders for 60 minutes. The Dazzler loves the Ground and Pound!

IL and PL teams have no business playing anyone in the SEC with a pulse. Hell, 98% of FCS have no business playing the top SEC teams. They only do it for $$$. If Lehigh or Yale wants to take a shot at Vanderbilt go for it. I rather watch Lehigh play the Commodores instead of Navy this year.....
    Holy Cross played very well for its first 4 games last season, before collapsing mid-season.
    "Knowledge is Good" Emil Faber

AGS FCS Champion

Quote Originally Posted by KPSUL View Post
    Holy Cross played very well for its first 4 games last season, before collapsing mid-season.
    They played "OK" in September on their way to a 2-3 record. The UNH score was clearly an aberration.
    Temple Alum By Choice, Lehigh Sports Fan By Blood