Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    AGS FCS Champion

Re: Early 2019 FCS prospect list

Quote Originally Posted by BisonFan02 View Post
    Wow, Tanner Volson? I'll take it....

I'm not sure on Stick as an NFL arm/QB....could be wrong I guess. I was really high on him going into his college career (and still am as a collegiate QB), but I don't see him making that leap.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bisonoline View Post
    Im with you on this! But if he can make it more power to him. I will be cheering him all the way.
    I'm still skeptical as well but I see things like this from guys who watch a lot more tape than me and it gives me pause. I think he's working at a disadvantage from what the guy before him at NDSU could do that those of us who watch him day in day out take for granted the type of physical tools he actually does have.

https://twitter.com/RossUglem/status...026479104?s=19
    Professor Chaos is a proud supporter of the 6-time NCAA Division 1 Football National Champion North Dakota State Bison.

AGS FCS Champion SmallCollegeFBFan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Chaos View Post
    A whole lot can happen for a prospect in between now and next April. Just in the context of guys that I've followed around this time in 2013 there was lots of chatter about NDSU CB Marcus Williams being one of the highest drafted FCS players perhaps as early as the 2nd day of the draft. He ended up undrafted. Likewise around this time in 2015 Carson Wentz was looked at similarly as a 2nd day pick and we all know how that ended up.
    A lot can change. There have been players who nobody had on their radar at this point who end up going in the 2nd or 3rd round before. A player has to be awful with no ability at all just about for me to say they have no shot at this point because you never know how much a player improves in an off-season.

I'm still skeptical as well but I see things like this from guys who watch a lot more tape than me and it gives me pause. I think he's working at a disadvantage from what the guy before him at NDSU could do that those of us who watch him day in day out take for granted the type of physical tools he actually does have.

https://twitter.com/RossUglem/status...026479104?s=19
    That throw is not very hard to make. I have never heard of that guy. The player was wide open and there was nothing but air under that throw. Show me a throw where a QB puts no air under the ball or he has to thread it between 2 defenders. Stick is considered a free agent prospect right now. This random person on Twitter is just making a guess because it is a NDSU QB. Had Wentz not made it he would not be saying this.

Remember when Wentz made it and the next year people online were saying Gustafson from Montana would be the next Wentz? The only reason they did is because he was similar size and did not have gaudy numbers from a FCS powerhouse. I laughed because Wentz was the first of his kind in over 20 years from FCS but yet these media wannabes thought a 2nd Wentz was just a year behind. LOL

90% of the "draft gurus" on social media are just guessing and don't know.

AGS FCS Champion

Quote Originally Posted by SmallCollegeFBFan View Post
    That throw is not very hard to make. I have never heard of that guy. The player was wide open and there was nothing but air under that throw. Show me a throw where a QB puts no air under the ball or he has to thread it between 2 defenders. Stick is considered a free agent prospect right now. This random person on Twitter is just making a guess because it is a NDSU QB. Had Wentz not made it he would not be saying this.

Remember when Wentz made it and the next year people online were saying Gustafson from Montana would be the next Wentz? The only reason they did is because he was similar size and did not have gaudy numbers from a FCS powerhouse. I laughed because Wentz was the first of his kind in over 20 years from FCS but yet these media wannabes thought a 2nd Wentz was just a year behind. LOL

90% of the "draft gurus" on social media are just guessing and don't know.
    I don't think anyone thinks Stick will be the 2nd coming of Wentz. Personally, I think this guy saying Stick is a "potential franchise QB" is pie in the sky but if you watch some of the highlights in that thread he does make some good points about the physical tools Stick has in his legs and his arm.

Here's a couple that show his arm strength:

And here's a couple that shows his touch:

I'll take your word for it on where he will/won't be drafted but I think he's got the tools to be a serviceable NFL QB.... basically a good backup who can come in and keep the team afloat and win a few games.
    Professor Chaos is a proud supporter of the 6-time NCAA Division 1 Football National Champion North Dakota State Bison.

I don't think anyone thinks Stick will be the 2nd coming of Wentz. Personally, I think this guy saying Stick is a "potential franchise QB" is pie in the sky but if you watch some of the highlights in that thread he does make some good points about the physical tools Stick has in his legs and his arm.

Here's a couple that show his arm strength:

And here's a couple that shows his touch:

I'll take your word for it on where he will/won't be drafted but I think he's got the tools to be a serviceable NFL QB.... basically a good backup who can come in and keep the team afloat and win a few games.
    He has enough arm to get a look but look at that throw from the opposite side of the field to the hash. He had to put air under it.

This guy is using language that would translate to a top 15 or at least 2nd round pick. Stick measured at 6'1 1/4, 219 pounds for NFL scouts and I do think he can run in the 4.65-4.75 range but I don't see a franchise QB quite yet.

If you are telling me he could be a PFA who makes a practice squad, fill in for a game here and there, and be a decent backup then I wouldn't argue with it yet because he is athletic and tough. I just don't see him being a franchise QB yet and I know for a fact that the scouts who have seen him have put PFA grades on him, which is exactly where I would have expected him to be.

AGS FCS Champion

Quote Originally Posted by SmallCollegeFBFan View Post
    He has enough arm to get a look but look at that throw from the opposite side of the field to the hash. He had to put air under it.

This guy is using language that would translate to a top 15 or at least 2nd round pick. Stick measured at 6'1 1/4, 219 pounds for NFL scouts and I do think he can run in the 4.65-4.75 range but I don't see a franchise QB quite yet.

If you are telling me he could be a PFA who makes a practice squad, fill in for a game here and there, and be a decent backup then I wouldn't argue with it yet because he is athletic and tough. I just don't see him being a franchise QB yet and I know for a fact that the scouts who have seen him have put PFA grades on him, which is exactly where I would have expected him to be.
    Yeah, sounds pretty reasonable. All he, or anyone with NFL aspirations, can hope for is a shot. So whether he's a mid-round pick, a late round pick, or a PFA he'll get that. Personally, I'm just going to enjoy watching him play one more year at NDSU.

Yeah, sounds pretty reasonable. All he, or anyone with NFL aspirations, can hope for is a shot. So whether he's a mid-round pick, a late round pick, or a PFA he'll get that. Personally, I'm just going to enjoy watching him play one more year at NDSU.
    Agree and hope you all can see my point about this guy on Twitter. I'm just saying many of these guys talk about how so many players can make any throw or do something among the best in a class and use language that sounds like a top tier player when the player is really a free agent or fringe prospect. That is how I know if someone is legit or is just a fan with a twitter account who has perhaps paid for a URL. Anyone can do both and it does not make them a pro. Now if Stick gets drafted and has a good NFL career then what this person wrote is accurate but if he is just a backup who never starts then he was wrong about the player. I think fans need to keep track of what these draftniks say and hold them accountable. How can you take someone seriously if they don't have a proven track record or quickly are proven to be right when they say something that does not sound mainstream at the time? I remember the internet buzz saying Marcus Williams would be a 2nd or 3rd round pick and I said he was a PFA who would be a back of the roster or good backup. I caught hell but quickly got respect from NDSU fans when I hit on about all of their guys. If Stick turns out to be a franchise QB, like this tweeter says, then he should be given a lot of respect because nobody else is saying that right now.

AGS Circle of Influence Member

NDSU fans getting pissy if someone doesn’t bow down to every aspect of their program and players?

No way.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Playoff records of teams I follow since 1991:Twins: 6-22 (.214)
    UNI: 20-16 (.556)Vikings: 7-14 (.333)Wolves: 17-30 (.362)Wild: 25-43 (.367)
    Combined 75-125 (.375) 0 Titles
    Yet people wonder why I'm jaded about sports....

AGS FCS Champion

Quote Originally Posted by clenz View Post
    NDSU fans getting pissy if someone doesn’t bow down to every aspect of their program and players?

No way.

How am I getting pissy? Because you must be referring to me since BisonFan02 and bisonoline are the only other two Bison fans to comment on this thread and they've both said they don't see Stick as a NFL caliber QB.

I'm saying I didn't notice it either until I watched some of the cutups on twitter of throws he made last year. I still don't think he's a "potential franchise caliber QB" like the one twitter scout claims but I think his physical tools are better than he gets credit for because of the inevitable comparisons to his predecessor. I respect SCFBFan's opinion and see his point as to why Stick is viewed as a PFA right now. I'd be fine with that because all any college prospect can ask for is a shot and it appears Stick is at least on the radar of NFL scouts so he'll have his shot over the coming season and into the pre-draft process this winter.

AGS FCS Champion

Quote Originally Posted by clenz View Post

No way.

Bull**it. Classic coming from you.

ES is a good QB but IMO, he is not NFL material. Most Bison fans say this and your opinion is as people would say "who gives a sh**".