Thread: BigSky Bingo 2018

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    First Class FCS Advocate
    My Team
    Montana State

BigSky Bingo 2018

Hey FCS fans! Welcome to BigSky Bingo, were we attempt to figure out what the hell will happen in the BigSky in 2018!

2018 is sure to be another crazy year in the BSC. IMO this may been the strongest most competitive year the BSC has seen. North Dakota is out, which is fine we didn't want them anyway, and Idaho is in. So who has a shot? Well its probably like pulling bingo numbers, just about anyone could come up with the BigSky championship bingo next year. Here's who I think has the best shot (in no particular order):

Idaho coming off arguably their most successful two years of FBS football, turns tail and crawls back to BigSky in hopes of recapturing old glory. Idaho will come in as a solid team, but as most of the FCS has progressed past the bottom of the barrel FBS teams, I see the Vandals finishing middle of the pack in the BSC this year.

Weber State however is coming off a great season, Weber and NDSU were the only two teams to put a scare into the JMU juggernaut last year, with NDSU winning a defensive battle for the NC. Weber drafted a couple this year, but Coach Hill hopes he has reloaded enough to make it one more game in 2018.

Eastern Washington always has a ton of talent, and next year will be no different. Coach Best had a rough one last year missing the playoffs, when they had surely earned a spot. EWU high flying offense will carry them thru most their BigSky schedule, but another rough OCC schedule could put them on the bubble again.

My favorite Montana State. MSU has been building something the past 2 years and last year they made some noise. MSU played 4 FCS playoff teams last year and was in every single game. 31-27 SDSU, 25-17 Weber, 37-36 NAU and 16-14 Kennesaw State. MSU also recruited a boatload of talent from Washington and California in the off season.

Northern Arizona returns a top QB and WR pair and a formidable defense, if the injury bug doesn't bite this year NAU could make some noise in the playoffs. Hopefully Souers shaken off the absolute pounding he got from non-scholly USD in last years playoffs.

Montana, yes Montana. While Bob Stitt wasn't what the Grizzlies were searching for, the prodigal son has come home. Coach Hauck looks to return the Grizzly to dominance of FCS football. And while I believe the griz are going to have a rough go of it in 2018, as a Bobcat fan if there's one thing that I've ever learned in my life, it's you don't bet against coach Hauck. Even when you know your team is better, faster and stronger... Don't count out Hauck's grizzlies. Watching some of the most nauseating beatdowns I have ever witnessed, I saw kids that would run through brick walls for their coach.

Southern Utah, Sac St, UNC and UCDavis have also been trending positively, I just don't think they will be the hunt for the title.

Here's my Prediction for how the BigSky conference finish:

1.Weber State
    2.Eastern Washington
    3.Montana State
    4.Northern Arizona
    5.Idaho
    6.Montana
    7.Southern Utah
    8.Sac State
    9.UC Davis
    10.Norther Colorado
    11.Idaho State
    12.Portland State
    13.Cal Poly
    Last edited by SeattleBobcat; June 18th, 2018 at 04:34 PM.