Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    AGS FCS Champion

Re: HERO Sports 2018 Pre-Season FCS All-American Team

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Chaos View Post
    They did the same with NDSU DE Greg Menard.

One guy I think that seems to be flying under the radar that I think is going to end up on this AA lists postseason is JMU WR Riley Stapleton. That guy played like a beast in the playoffs last year against some pretty solid competition. Assuming the JMU QB situation isn't a trainwreck he's set up for a big year.
    This, that Stapleton kid looks like the real deal, I really don't get the Menard deal, he is a good player but coming off an injury, who knows. I think Bruce Anderson first team is also interesting, I love the guy but I don't know.
    Any unauthorized use of the intellectual property of POD Knows without the express written consent of POD Knows will be met with the swift hand of justice as determined by POD Knows

"Oh, no!! We suck again!!!" It's because we have no players!!

Doc

Master FCS Advocate Derby City Duke's Avatar
    Somewhere on the Bourbon Trail between the Jim Beam and Four Roses Distilleries

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Chaos View Post
    They did the same with NDSU DE Greg Menard.

One guy I think that seems to be flying under the radar that I think is going to end up on this AA lists postseason is JMU WR Riley Stapleton. That guy played like a beast in the playoffs last year against some pretty solid competition. Assuming the JMU QB situation isn't a trainwreck he's set up for a big year.
    He was finally healthy at the end of the year -- illness early and had a broken finger/hand. Just watched the Weber State Game again last weekend and marveled at how he was able to dominate their secondary...

Don't know how the QB competition will work out, but DiNucci (Pitt xfer) is really pushing Johnson. Johnson throws a much better deep ball than Schor did. DiNucci is more like Schor in that he can run (designed or improvised) as well as throw the ball. Houston eliminated the sophomore (former Mr. South Carolina Football) from starter consideration during the spring -- not sure of his redshirt status.

Would also not surprise me to see Jimmy Moreland's name creep onto one of these lists.

Was a little surprised to see Cox on the 2nd team, not 1st team. Against us, Cox certainly played better (more disciplined and physical) than Rozeboom did in the semis. I could easily see them flipped.
    "The advancement and diffusion of knowledge is the only guardian of true liberty." - James Madison

AGS FCS Champion

Quote Originally Posted by Derby City Duke View Post
    Was a little surprised to see Cox on the 2nd team, not 1st team. Against us, Cox certainly played better (more disciplined and physical) than Rozeboom did in the semis. I could easily see them flipped.
    It's kind of a numbers game I think. Rozeboom has had 120+ tackles for 2 years now and Cox didn't even crack 80 tackles last year since he didn't start until midseason and split time after that. Rozeboom made some uncharacteristic mistakes against JMU I think. I think there were 2 long runs by Marshall where he shot the wrong gap and got way out of position leaving a huge lane.
    Professor Chaos is a proud supporter of the 6-time NCAA Division 1 Football National Champion North Dakota State Bison.